+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Police certificate from Italy

Tackica

Star Member
Feb 24, 2015
Hello everyone!
I lived in Italy for two years and now in order to apply for an immigrant visa, I need to send TWO police clearance certificates:
1. Certificate from the Judicial Records Register (Certificato casellario giudiziale)
2. Certificate of outstanding criminal proceedings (Certificato dei carichi pendenti).

Office of the Prosecutor of the Republic delivers THREE different types of the first certificate: general, criminal and civil.
Which one do I need to apply for? Or do I need all of them?

If there anyone here who has experience with these Italian certificates?

Sniprat

Star Member
Nov 11, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
14-01-2013
AOR Received.
06-02-2013
File Transfer...
15-02-2013
Med's Done....
10-01-2013
Passport Req..
Exempt
LANDED..........
10-10-2013
Hi,

My experience is that they gave me them all... you must be careful to apply to the relevant authorities in the province you last lived in. In my case, it was Padova.

Another thing to be aware of, just in case: there are certain on-line sites that charge an absolute fortune to act as an intermediary for you. They also tell you it will take 6 months. It cost me 15 Euros and took 2 weeks, as I wrote directly to the relevant authorities.

I rarely come on here but I will check back tomorrow to see if you have read this and need any further help.

Tackica

Star Member
Feb 24, 2015
Thank you, Sniprat!
I lived in the Province of Trieste. I understood that all the applicants for those certificates, who were NOT born in Italy, should submit their requests in Procura di Roma.
What I read on the site of Italian Goverment is that if you pay an urgency fee (3.68 euro), certificate will be issued on the same day of your request. Let's see...
Grazie for info once again.

Tackica

Star Member
Feb 24, 2015
Sniprat, when did you apply for your certificates? Maybe the procedure, concerning the place where you last lived, changed.
This is what I found on the official site of Italian Ministry of Justice:
Q: "If the certificate is requested by a person not born in Italy, which is the court competent over their certificate from the judicial record and the data contained therein?"
A: "The competent court is the Tribunale di Roma [Court of Rome]"

mrcanada

Star Member
Feb 24, 2015
Tackica said:
Hello everyone!
I lived in Italy for two years and now in order to apply for an immigrant visa, I need to send TWO police clearance certificates:
1. Certificate from the Judicial Records Register (Certificato casellario giudiziale)
2. Certificate of outstanding criminal proceedings (Certificato dei carichi pendenti).

Office of the Prosecutor of the Republic delivers THREE different types of the first certificate: general, criminal and civil.
Which one do I need to apply for? Or do I need all of them?

If there anyone here who has experience with these Italian certificates?
It should tell you in the guide for Italy. I think it's Certificate Penale and Certificato Carichi pendenti.

canadiensedream2015

Star Member
Apr 20, 2015
Hi,

Did you get the police certificates from Italy?
I live there for 1 year and I sent the request in April and so far I have not heard back from them.

I would appreciate any input.

F

dhwani136

Dec 8, 2014
Dear Sniprat,

I need same certificate from Italy for Canadian PR. Please tell me how did you apply online? I saw that we need to send it too Rome. Could you please mention details here.

Thanks a lot,

Dhwani

canadiensedream2015

Star Member
Apr 20, 2015
Only 2 certificates are needed

- Certificato Generale del Casellario Giudiziale
- Certificato dei Carichi Pendenti

You can apply in Rome or any other province that you lived in.

https://www.giustizia.it/giustizia/it/mg_3_3_2.wp?tab=e

NILOOgol

Aug 19, 2022
hi all,
i was student in italy for 9 months.IRCC ask me police certificate and give me 30days.im really stressful about my police certificate from italy.i found forms,proxy(because I have 2 friends there to do it for me,but they don't have time now).can someone please help me to find a way to send money with my forms to Italy?(I mean how can I send money with my document in an envelop that they accept it FROM CANADA)
THANKS!

Ste_Vege

Star Member
Nov 26, 2016

Ste_Vege

Star Member
Nov 26, 2016
Do I need to ask for the document to have the 'apostille'?
And is the best way to translate the document to use 'a member in good standing of a provincial or territorial organization of translators and interpreters in Canada'?