+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Police Certificate from Hong Kong for Express Entry

lila777

Star Member
Jul 20, 2015
ngelsa, which address did you give to HK police?
I have the same problem and my request letter has no info about the address.
My deadline is in one week. So I'm late anyway. :mad:

The only address I could find is this one.

Centralized Intake Office
49 Dorchester Street
Sydney, NS B1P 5Z2
Canada

Sep 3, 2015
I need help.

I received an email from CIC like this:

We require an updated
original Police Certificate for you and your members of your family who are 18 years of age or
older. According to our record we will need certificate(s) for the following individual(s):

1) Name: MY NAME Country: Hong Kong

First, I am not from Hong Kong and I only visited Hong Kong in 2005 for 4 days and 3 nights. It's just a tour in Disneyland and Ocean Park. Does this mean I need to apply for PCC from Hong Kong Police?

Kellakella

Aug 14, 2015
Just out of curiosity, since I am from Hong Kong myself and will most likely run into the same situation.

When you guys submitted the ITA, did you guys attach a statement that says "will need a letter from CIC to get a hk police certificate"?
Also, if you did, does CIC actually mail out a letter to you so you can use that to get a police check from Hong Kong?

I have all the forms and finger prints done to get the police check already.
Have not submit my ITA yet.

Milliec

Jun 3, 2014
Hi all,

I am also from Hong Kong and per instruction on the site, I have upload an explanation letter to CIC that I require official request letter to obtain police certificate.
How long does CIC send you the official letter? And do I have to get the police certificate within the 60 days requirement even after I submit my PR application?
I have applied last week but so far have not heard anything back yet.

Thanks!

Lammawitch

Champion Member
Dec 21, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ChanceChronicles said:
I need help.

I received an email from CIC like this:

We require an updated
original Police Certificate for you and your members of your family who are 18 years of age or
older. According to our record we will need certificate(s) for the following individual(s):

1) Name: MY NAME Country: Hong Kong

First, I am not from Hong Kong and I only visited Hong Kong in 2005 for 4 days and 3 nights. It's just a tour in Disneyland and Ocean Park. Does this mean I need to apply for PCC from Hong Kong Police?
I usually say give CIC what they ask for, but in your case, I'd send a CSE with the above explanation (4 day visit), and ask them if it's an error.

lccavalheiro

Feb 22, 2015
Hi guys.

I've been living in HK for 3 years, so I also need to provide the CNCC from HK to the CIC. The real issue is that they issued me a letter asking for the CNCC but only asked to upload the document to MyCIC account. However the HK police does not give you any copy, they only send the document directly to an official address such as the Canadian Consulate in HK or some other official government address. So I, and a few more people, didn't know where to send the certificate to. I have sent to the Canadian consulate in HK, but I still haven't received a feedback from the CIC. So I have no idea if this is the right procedure. I do know that someone applying from another country received a letter through the CIC specifying an address for the CNCC to be sent to. So maybe now they are issuing the request letter with an address. If you have already received you ITA, just do what they say and they will send you the request letter through the MyCIC. You cannot apply for the CNCC in HK without the request letter from CIC.
Please, if some of you receive the request letter with an address, let us know in the forum.

I hope this info helps.

Cheers!

Milliec

Jun 3, 2014
lccavalheiro said:
Hi guys.

I've been living in HK for 3 years, so I also need to provide the CNCC from HK to the CIC. The real issue is that they issued me a letter asking for the CNCC but only asked to upload the document to MyCIC account. However the HK police does not give you any copy, they only send the document directly to an official address such as the Canadian Consulate in HK or some other official government address. So I, and a few more people, didn't know where to send the certificate to. I have sent to the Canadian consulate in HK, but I still haven't received a feedback from the CIC. So I have no idea if this is the right procedure. I do know that someone applying from another country received a letter through the CIC specifying an address for the CNCC to be sent to. So maybe now they are issuing the request letter with an address. If you have already received you ITA, just do what they say and they will send you the request letter through the MyCIC. You cannot apply for the CNCC in HK without the request letter from CIC.
Please, if some of you receive the request letter with an address, let us know in the forum.

I hope this info helps.

Cheers!

When u send out the pr application online, u need to attach letter of explanation to get the police certificate letter to apply CNCC in HK. And CIC will request u to upload the doviment and enter the certicate information as additinal document. Since hk will send the police certificate directly to consulate, u need to attach letter of explanation again. Those agent said it will be great if u can also attach any proof of application for CNCC.

Kellakella

Aug 14, 2015
Does anyone know how long it will take to obtain a HK police certificate?
I will be traveling back to HK shortly so I am debating to apply for the certificate now (in Canada) or wait until I am back to HK.

lccavalheiro

Feb 22, 2015
Kellakella said:
Does anyone know how long it will take to obtain a HK police certificate?
I will be traveling back to HK shortly so I am debating to apply for the certificate now (in Canada) or wait until I am back to HK.
Mine took around 3 weeks. I applied from HK. However, from what I understood you are considering whether to apply from Canada or HK for the CNCC, right? The processing time should be the same regardless of where you applied from. What will add some extra time to your application is only the time it takes for your application to reach the Hong Kong police department. If you are coming soon to HK I would say it may be faster to apply from here. It depends on on how much you want to pay to deliver your application to the HK police.

Just to clarify and give some update: CIC still hans't provided any feedback after I applied to the CNCC, but I asked the HK police and they informed me the date they sent my CNCC to the consulate here in HK. So I guess I just need to wait until CIC contact me again through the MyCIC.

Cowkiki

Star Member
Jan 8, 2016
Hey Lucas your mailbox is full and I could not send you my email through inbox. My email is: cowkiki@hotmail.com

Thanks!

lccavalheiro said:
Mine took around 3 weeks. I applied from HK. However, from what I understood you are considering whether to apply from Canada or HK for the CNCC, right? The processing time should be the same regardless of where you applied from. What will add some extra time to your application is only the time it takes for your application to reach the Hong Kong police department. If you are coming soon to HK I would say it may be faster to apply from here. It depends on on how much you want to pay to deliver your application to the HK police.

Just to clarify and give some update: CIC still hans't provided any feedback after I applied to the CNCC, but I asked the HK police and they informed me the date they sent my CNCC to the consulate here in HK. So I guess I just need to wait until CIC contact me again through the MyCIC.

q1234q

Star Member
Oct 29, 2015
ngelsa said:
Maybe I didn't make my concern clear.

1. I read the entire instruction on the CIC website.
2. I DO NOT have a problem applying for a HK PCC.
3. I live in Canada but did stayed in HK for longer than 6 months after I turned 18.
4. This is not the first stage submission, this is CIC requesting ADDITIONAL documents and specifically asked for HK PCC to be uploaded.

Anyway, the problem I am having right now is that HK Police Force doesn't issue certificates directly to applicants, so there is no way I can upload one to my MyCIC account as CIC has requested. In addition, CIC doesn't accept the certificate by mail for express entry application, and if you really have checked out the entire site as well as the HK Police Force website, you will see that HK Police issues the certificates directly to CIC by registered mail. Thus, I am not sure what to do and wonder if anyone had run into the same situation and figured out a way to do it?
Hi Elsa,

I have a problem on the Hong Kong Certificate of No Criminal Conviction. They ask me to provide them a mailing address to send out my certificate and upload the receipt to the CIC website. Could you please kindly let me know the address for the certificate to deliver?

Thanks so much