Med's Done....
Feb 6, 2015
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
Jul 15, 2015 (EE)
LANDED..........
Aug 26, 2015 (EE)
I was asked to upload a Police Certificate from Hong Kong to my MyCIC account; however, Hong Kong Police Force only issues and sends certificate directly to CIC. Also, CIC specified that they will not accept police certificates by mail for Express Entry applications, but Hong Kong Police Force will only send certificates directly to CIC by registered mail.

Have anyone on this forum completed this step for their Express Entry applications and willing to share some information on how to proceed?

Lammawitch

Champion Member
Dec 21, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
The CIC intructions for applying for & receiving a PCC from HK seem quite straightforward ?

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/asia-pacific/hong-kong.asp

mf4361

Champion Member
Apr 17, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18 Nov 2015
Nomination.....
12 Oct 2015
AOR Received.
25 Feb 2016
IELTS Request
Sent
Med's Request
28 Oct 2016
Med's Done....
14 Nov 2016
Passport Req..
27 Feb 2017
VISA ISSUED...
15 Mar 2017
LANDED..........
16 Mar 2017
Lammawitch said:
The CIC intructions for applying for & receiving a PCC from HK seem quite straightforward ?

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/asia-pacific/hong-kong.asp
From the link you provided:

Do I need to provide a Police Certificate for Express Entry?

No. CIC will contact you after you apply for permanent residence. CIC will give you specific instructions and the information you need to get a police certificate. Please read the instructions below for more information.

Note: CIC will not accept police certificates sent by mail for Express Entry applications.

So I guess if you live outside Hong Kong, you don't need PCC at time of application?

Lammawitch

Champion Member
Dec 21, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mf4361 said:
From the link you provided:

Do I need to provide a Police Certificate for Express Entry?

No. CIC will contact you after you apply for permanent residence. CIC will give you specific instructions and the information you need to get a police certificate. Please read the instructions below for more information.

Note: CIC will not accept police certificates sent by mail for Express Entry applications.

So I guess if you live outside Hong Kong, you don't need PCC at time of application?
Read the link in its entirety. There are explicit instructions on how to obtain one, & HOW the process works ....

mf4361

Champion Member
Apr 17, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18 Nov 2015
Nomination.....
12 Oct 2015
AOR Received.
25 Feb 2016
IELTS Request
Sent
Med's Request
28 Oct 2016
Med's Done....
14 Nov 2016
Passport Req..
27 Feb 2017
VISA ISSUED...
15 Mar 2017
LANDED..........
16 Mar 2017
Lammawitch said:
Read the link in its entirety. There are explicit instructions on how to obtain one, & HOW the process works ....
yea, when CIC requests a PCC and then we follow the explicit instructions as you said.

I meant at time of submitting PR application.

Lammawitch

Champion Member
Dec 21, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
*Sigh*.

Do I need to provide a Police Certificate with my Application for Permanent Residence? No. Citizenship and Immigration Canada will send you a letter requesting a police certificate after you send your Application for Permanent Residence. You must bring that letter when you apply for a Police Certificate.

chouchou959

Apr 8, 2015
Lammawitch said:
Hi Lammawitch,

Thanks for your reply.

I think both ngelsa and me are standing at a point after AOR. We received a message from CIC to obtain hk police clearance and upload it to my CIC. and we did read the online instructions.

However, on the same webpage,
“Note: CIC will not accept police certificates sent by mail for Express Entry applications.”
And
“Your police certificate will be released directly to the Canadian visa office that you applied to.”

Here comes the confusion. coz on the request letter there is no indication of a mailing address. So where should i instruct hk police to send it to? Hk police will only MAIL the letter to CONSULATES but never to applicants, so even if i did figure out the address, there will be nothing to be uploaded from my side, except maybe a receipt and an explanation letter.

ngelsa

Dec 4, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 18, 2015 (EE) / Sept 18, 2014 (PNP)
Doc's Request.
May 4, 2015 (EE) / June 11, 2015 (PNP)
Nomination.....
Sept 12, 2014 (SINP)
AOR Received.
Feb 18, 2015 (EE) / Feb 16, 2015 (PNP)
IELTS Request
CELPIP submitted with both EE and PNP applications
Med's Request
March 6, 2015 (PNP)
Med's Done....
Feb 6, 2015
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
Jul 15, 2015 (EE)
LANDED..........
Aug 26, 2015 (EE)
Maybe I didn't make my concern clear.

1. I read the entire instruction on the CIC website.
2. I DO NOT have a problem applying for a HK PCC.
3. I live in Canada but did stayed in HK for longer than 6 months after I turned 18.
4. This is not the first stage submission, this is CIC requesting ADDITIONAL documents and specifically asked for HK PCC to be uploaded.

Anyway, the problem I am having right now is that HK Police Force doesn't issue certificates directly to applicants, so there is no way I can upload one to my MyCIC account as CIC has requested. In addition, CIC doesn't accept the certificate by mail for express entry application, and if you really have checked out the entire site as well as the HK Police Force website, you will see that HK Police issues the certificates directly to CIC by registered mail. Thus, I am not sure what to do and wonder if anyone had run into the same situation and figured out a way to do it?

jayk77

May 26, 2015
After submitting my ITA application, I got the same request letter for Hong Kong Police Certificate from CIC. The letter indicated that I should upload the certificate online. Like ngelsa said, Hong Kong Police Force will only issue the certificate to the CIC office by registered mail.

I called the HK Police Force today and the department supervisor suggested that they had received couple cases similar to mine which applicants ask for a copy for online CIC application. He said the applicants had eventually given them a mailing address.

Do you guys know where should I have the certificate mail to for Express Entry?

Lammawitch

Champion Member
Dec 21, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
It really is not complicated.

Both HK & Canada have done this before :).

So, just follow the instructions:

AND:
Your police certificate will be released directly to the Canadian visa office that you applied to

jayk77

May 26, 2015
1. The letter I got on myCIC login did not have a letter head showing which CIC office. I contacted the HK Police and they required the corresponding CIC office since there are 5-6 CIC offices handling different applications. Does anyone know the mailing address for Express Entry Application?
2. The online myCIC system still require me to upload the document online which is impossible. Hong Kong Police will only issue the certificate to CIC. What should I upload to the myCIC system?

ailyn_28

May 29, 2015
ngelsa said:
I was asked to upload a Police Certificate from Hong Kong to my MyCIC account; however, Hong Kong Police Force only issues and sends certificate directly to CIC. Also, CIC specified that they will not accept police certificates by mail for Express Entry applications, but Hong Kong Police Force will only send certificates directly to CIC by registered mail.

Have anyone on this forum completed this step for their Express Entry applications and willing to share some information on how to proceed?
did you find already how to upload the police clerance in hong kong??

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
for people who need to identify their visa office and mailing address, may I point out that CIC kindly provides that information on their website.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/offices/

For those who have applied for PR from within Canada or the USA, your PR application will be processed at CPC-Ottawa, as at least one of you already knows.

In advance, forgive me, not trying to mock anyone, just having a little fun on a Friday afternoon!

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=CIC+CPC-O