+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Police Certificate from Dubai (visitor)

Mishkawy

Star Member
Oct 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello all,

This is a major problem for me right now.

My wife and I are Egyptians, currently living in Egypt.
We visited Dubai for more than 6 months, she was on a visit visa the entire time, and I was on a visit visa most of the time except for 2 months when I had a resident card only for 2 months.

I am applying for permanent residency in Canada (Received ITA) and they require that I get a police certificate from any country we staid at for more than 6 months even if the stay was just on a visit visa and not residency.

I contacted the Dubai police customer service and they said they cannot issue a police certificate for someone who staid as a visitor, and the same thing was said by the UAE embassy in Egypt and the UAE consulate in Egypt.

I even tried to get it online, but one of the questions is that they ask you for your previous residency card, which my wife does not have because she was in Dubai only as a visitor.

Thanks.
Kareem

nuclearbattery

Star Member
Jan 2, 2017
Here's the official instructions on obtaining PCC from UAE even if you're not a resident. http://www.cic.gc.ca/English/information/security/police-cert/mid-east/united-arab-emirates.asp

It seems like the easiest way to get the PCC is to ask someone in the UAE to take the requisite documents on your behalf to the police authority.

If they still refuse to issue you the PCC, submitting proof of your attempt to get the PCC (including with the response from the police authority stating that PCCs are not issued for those on visitor visas, regardless of total duration of stay) should be enough to satisfy CIC requirements.

Mishkawy

Star Member
Oct 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thank you for your reply,
What if I do not know someone in the UAE?
I can do my best to attach many screenshots of the Dubai police websites stating that I need a valid residency card to apply for the pcc. But this will be the only proof I have. Because Dubai police and tge UAE consulate in Egypt both refused to send me emails or provide a piece of paper stating that they cannot provide a pcc.
So it will be entirely depending on the mood of the visa officer when he looks at my application if he will accept screenshots from websites as proof or not.

sushsmart15

Champion Member
Jul 25, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
09-02-2017
Nomination.....
21-12-2016
AOR Received.
09-01-2017
Med's Done....
09-02-2017
Passport Req..
12-04-2017
VISA ISSUED...
28-04-017
Mishkawy said:
I can do my best to attach many screenshots of the Dubai police websites stating that I need a valid residency card to apply for the pcc. But this will be the only proof I have. Because Dubai police and tge UAE consulate in Egypt both refused to send me emails or provide a piece of paper stating that they cannot provide a pcc.
So it will be entirely depending on the mood of the visa officer when he looks at my application if he will accept screenshots from websites as proof or not.
If they have refused to accept your application for PCC, then kindly submit these proofs and mention all your attempts in LOE. Attach this LOE as the first page followed up with other PCCs in the PCC placeholder.

thestunner316

Champion Member
Feb 6, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Mishkawy said:
ah man, thats a tough situation to be in... i feel for you bro.

2 things that i can think of

1 - try sending a mail to UAE consulate, or whatever authority that issues PCC and ask them for PCC... if they reply on email saying no they dont issue PCC, just attach that mail to your application to strenghten it.

2 - if its financially feasible, visit UAE yourself and see if they can issue PCC... (honestly this is last resort, and knowing how things work here this will probably not work either)

i know getting PCC from UAE wont be easy if you have never been a legal resident here... anyway good luck - hope things work out for you.

Mishkawy

Star Member
Oct 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks for your support my friend.

1- I actually sent e-mails to Dubai police and they just replied asking me to call a phone number, which I did, and the person who answered just said it is not possible.
2- I sent an e-mail to the Canadian embassy in Egypt, and they did not reply. I called them, they said they do not answer these questions on the phone and I should send an e-mail (it's a loop).
3- I contacted UAE ministry of interior via chat, and it was an absolute joke, they kept transferring me to different agents without even acknowledging my question, and in the end they sent me a link to the Transport and Roads Authority (RTA) !!!! Then they said I should visit the UAE government website, which I did, clicked on police certificate, and it redirected me back to the website of the ministry of interior (another loop).
4- Right now I am chatting with the Dubai police via the website, and the asked me to wait a moment, and I have been waiting now for 20 minutes.
Fun times..

Visiting Dubai again myself is impossible for me.

thestunner316

Champion Member
Feb 6, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Mishkawy said:
Thanks for your support my friend.

1- I actually sent e-mails to Dubai police and they just replied asking me to call a phone number, which I did, and the person who answered just said it is not possible.
2- I sent an e-mail to the Canadian embassy in Egypt, and they did not reply. I called them, they said they do not answer these questions on the phone and I should send an e-mail (it's a loop).
3- I contacted UAE ministry of interior via chat, and it was an absolute joke, they kept transferring me to different agents without even acknowledging my question, and in the end they sent me a link to the Transport and Roads Authority (RTA) !!!! Then they said I should visit the UAE government website, which I did, clicked on police certificate, and it redirected me back to the website of the ministry of interior (another loop).
4- Right now I am chatting with the Dubai police via the website, and the asked me to wait a moment, and I have been waiting now for 20 minutes.
Fun times..

Visiting Dubai again myself is impossible for me.
damn, well it is what it is i guess...

try sending emails instead of chats, and hope someone replies saying you will not get PCC if you were on visit... otherwise LOE is the only way forward.

Mishkawy

Star Member
Oct 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I am still chatting with them and it looks like I can use this chat as proof.
But quick question. If I was a resident for only 2 months and a visitor for 4 months, and the issue me a PCC for only those 2 months, will this be any good?
I will also attach LOE and screenshots of course.

thestunner316

Champion Member
Feb 6, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Mishkawy said:
I am still chatting with them and it looks like I can use this chat as proof.
But quick question. If I was a resident for only 2 months and a visitor for 4 months, and the issue me a PCC for only those 2 months, will this be any good?
I will also attach LOE and screenshots of course.
OK you were resident for 2 months, i didnt know that... you should have entered your EmiratesID information in that online application field then ?

alright so from what i understand PCC will not mention dates (usually) , if thats the case then you are good to go. otherwise, just use whatever they give... they should take into consideration that if you were on visit for 4 months, then resident for 2 months... UAE wouldnt have given you resident permit for those 2 months if you had a criminal case on you during the visit visa period.

Mishkawy

Star Member
Oct 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
thestunner316 said:
they should take into consideration that if you were on visit for 4 months, then resident for 2 months... UAE wouldnt have given you resident permit for those 2 months if you had a criminal case on you during the visit visa period.
That is true.
Ok so I finished chatting with them, and I got the transcript for the chat which clearly states that and I quote:
"DP901 10:03:13 am
one of the main requirement for a Good Conduct Certificate is to obtain a previoud resident visa
previous*

Kareem Ismail 10:04:07 am
Ok, so that means that obtaining a Good Conduct Certificate for my wife who stayed only as a visitor the entire time is not possible. Correct?

DP901 10:04:29 am
yes
unfortunately"

Also:
"
Kareem Ismail 10:06:59 am
Ok, what about myself? I stayed for a total period of about a year, but only a couple of months of the stay was as a resident.
Can I receive a Good Conduct Certificate for the entire period including the periods when I stayed as a visitor?
Citizenship and Immigration Canada require that I obtain a police certificate for the entire period.

DP901 10:09:09 am
u want it for immigration purpose ?or for applying for a new job
??

Kareem Ismail 10:09:28 am
We want it for immigration to Canada

DP901 10:16:53 am
unfortunately u can not"

I will also apply for a police certificate for me even if they will only issue it for those 2 months just to be on the safe side.
What do you think?

thestunner316

Champion Member
Feb 6, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Mishkawy said:
That is true.
Ok so I finished chatting with them, and I got the transcript for the chat which clearly states that and I quote:
"DP901 10:03:13 am
one of the main requirement for a Good Conduct Certificate is to obtain a previoud resident visa
previous*

Kareem Ismail 10:04:07 am
Ok, so that means that obtaining a Good Conduct Certificate for my wife who stayed only as a visitor the entire time is not possible. Correct?

DP901 10:04:29 am
yes
unfortunately"

Also:
"
Kareem Ismail 10:06:59 am
Ok, what about myself? I stayed for a total period of about a year, but only a couple of months of the stay was as a resident.
Can I receive a Good Conduct Certificate for the entire period including the periods when I stayed as a visitor?
Citizenship and Immigration Canada require that I obtain a police certificate for the entire period.

DP901 10:09:09 am
u want it for immigration purpose ?or for applying for a new job
??

Kareem Ismail 10:09:28 am
We want it for immigration to Canada

DP901 10:16:53 am
unfortunately u can not"

I will also apply for a police certificate for me even if they will only issue it for those 2 months just to be on the safe side.
What do you think?
[/quote

well theres not much you can do in this case anyway... so go ahead :)

Wolverine17

VIP Member
Mar 28, 2016
Ok i am not sure if i will face any issues as well i used to live in saudi and visited bahrain a lot for leisure,then i moved to work in bahrain and they issued me pcc from the time i became a resident here in bahrain and not for my visits and the pcc has a start and end date,is it possible
To have any issues with that??obviously if i had any criminal activity in the past i wouldnt be able to obtain a clear pcc now right??

Kestrel

Star Member
Sep 16, 2017
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
01-09-2017
AOR Received.
06-09-2017
Med's Done....
25-06-2017
Hello all,

This is a major problem for me right now.

My wife and I are Egyptians, currently living in Egypt.
We visited Dubai for more than 6 months, she was on a visit visa the entire time, and I was on a visit visa most of the time except for 2 months when I had a resident card only for 2 months.

I am applying for permanent residency in Canada (Received ITA) and they require that I get a police certificate from any country we staid at for more than 6 months even if the stay was just on a visit visa and not residency.

I contacted the Dubai police customer service and they said they cannot issue a police certificate for someone who staid as a visitor, and the same thing was said by the UAE embassy in Egypt and the UAE consulate in Egypt.

I even tried to get it online, but one of the questions is that they ask you for your previous residency card, which my wife does not have because she was in Dubai only as a visitor.

Thanks.
Kareem
Hi. What happened with your application? I am also required to get a PCC for Dubai and since I was on a visit visa, they are not issuing me one. Any guidance from you would be great!

asifabid

Jun 14, 2017
Hi, any update on this I am also in the same situation visited dubai on visit visa on multiple occasions and not able to get pcc.