+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

police certificate from delhi, India............please help

sushid0c

Star Member
Oct 25, 2007
hi.

I am based in delhi.
I want to know about how to go about the police clearance certificate.
I went to my local police station and asked him how to go about it.
He told me to apply at the Deputy comm. office in the format as required by the immigration office.

1..................Is there a prescribed format and where do you get it form??????????

2..................How long is this police certificate valid............(just to ensure that visa people dont tell me it has expired and ask me to get a new one )

3................can any member help me and tell how to go about this PCC thing in delhi
please help...

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

sushid0c said:
hi.

I am based in delhi.
I want to know about how to go about the police clearance certificate.
I went to my local police station and asked him how to go about it.
He told me to apply at the Deputy comm. office in the format as required by the immigration office.

1..................Is there a prescribed format and where do you get it form??????????

2..................How long is this police certificate valid............(just to ensure that visa people dont tell me it has expired and ask me to get a new one )

3................can any member help me and tell how to go about this PCC thing in delhi
please help...
When all else fails, follow the instructions

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/asia-pacific/india.asp

PMM

heather

Feb 11, 2008
Hi

I am from India but not from Delhi........I visited the Police Commissioners office and collected an Application form. One had to fill in personal details like name, address, details of family members, educational qualifications and also give details of two references in the locality. Along with the completed form, one had to submit a DD for Rs.100/- payable to PC, 2 passport size snaps, address proof and copy of passport. After 15 days or so one had to visit the local police station where the above mentioned form is sent and they look at the originals of the copies submitted and ask some questions on details filled in on the form. Sometimes they also carry out a visit at the address mentioned on the form. Then after a gap of another few days one needs to go back to the PCs office and collect the PCC. The original PCC needs to be submitted to the embassy, keep a copy for your records.

Trust this helps. All the best.

sushid0c

Star Member
Oct 25, 2007
heather said:
Hi

I am from India but not from Delhi........I visited the Police Commissioners office and collected an Application form. One had to fill in personal details like name, address, details of family members, educational qualifications and also give details of two references in the locality. Along with the completed form, one had to submit a DD for Rs.100/- payable to PC, 2 passport size snaps, address proof and copy of passport. After 15 days or so one had to visit the local police station where the above mentioned form is sent and they look at the originals of the copies submitted and ask some questions on details filled in on the form. Sometimes they also carry out a visit at the address mentioned on the form. Then after a gap of another few days one needs to go back to the PCs office and collect the PCC. The original PCC needs to be submitted to the embassy, keep a copy for your records.

Trust this helps. All the best.

thanks. it did help a lot. Thanx a ton.