Dec 7, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hey everybody!

I need your advice here! This is my situation:

-I am an Italian student, 24 years old, currently living in London;
-Will be applying soon for a Study Permit (PhD at the University of Calgary);
- I got my BA in the United States;
- I have never had ANY convictions, charges, arrests, DUIs, etc. Nothing ever.

I am a bit confused about the matter of police certificates. On the official website of the UK Canadian Embassy office the checklist for Study Permit says:
"If you or any accompanying family member has a criminal conviction, an original police certificate and a personal explanation of events leading to the conviction(s)".
Now, as I said I have never been charged, or arrested, or anything.

So, do I need a police certificate?
If so, from which countries? On CIC it says from any country where you lived for six months or more in a row, so basically only Italy. I studied in the US (had a study visa for 4 years) but never stayed there for more than 3 months in a row, actually.

Thanks for your help!

tipsy

Oct 6, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
App. Filed.......
24-09-2018
Doc's Request.
03-01-2019
AOR Received.
18-10-2018
Med's Request
30-11-2018
Med's Done....
01-12-2018
Interview........
30-04-2019
I suggest you submit your application without police certificate. If they require you then they will send you communication thru submitted email address.

If you want to make sure, go and submit thru VFS. They will check your documents and will tell you if you required.

Hope I helped you.

salvatore270

Star Member
Dec 7, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
tipsy said:
I suggest you submit your application without police certificate. If they require you then they will send you communication thru submitted email address.

If you want to make sure, go and submit thru VFS. They will check your documents and will tell you if you required.

Hope I helped you.
Thanks!
The main issue is that if I want to get a Police Check outside the US, it would have to go through the FBI and take 14-16 WEEKS! :eek:

salvatore270

Star Member
Dec 7, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Just chatted with the Visa Office of London, UK.

police certificate not needed for study permit.