+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Police Certificate for IEC work permit from (Hong Kong -> Canada)

dream996

Jan 30, 2019
When I applied for the police certificate from Hong Kong, they didn't provide a physical copy for me. In fact they didn't give me anything at all to submit directly. Apparently they have to be the one to send it to the IRCC.

They mentioned it will take up to 4 weeks however the IRCC set a deadline (04 Nov). Which is next week and there might not be enough time for the certificate to reach to IRCC.

Also they added a "slot" on my application and expecting me to upload something... Should I just upload a letter to explain via this?

gian_0405

Sep 17, 2021
When I applied for the police certificate from Hong Kong, they didn't provide a physical copy for me. In fact they didn't give me anything at all to submit directly. Apparently they have to be the one to send it to the IRCC.

They mentioned it will take up to 4 weeks however the IRCC set a deadline (04 Nov). Which is next week and there might not be enough time for the certificate to reach to IRCC.

Also they added a "slot" on my application and expecting me to upload something... Should I just upload a letter to explain via this?

Hi I am wondering what happened to your police certificate. Did they upload it? I have the same situation as well.

isabell.L

Star Member
Jul 12, 2013
You can upload the receipt and a explaination letter so they know what to expect. I would like to know did IRCC successfully receive your HK Police Certificate? I applied one for my husband in June, 2021, after 3 months they said they didn't received it, so I ask the HK police department to send another certified true copy in Nov, 2021. until now, Feb 2022, my consultant call IRCC and they said they still dun have it.

dream996

Jan 30, 2019
You can upload the receipt and a explaination letter so they know what to expect. I would like to know did IRCC successfully receive your HK Police Certificate? I applied one for my husband in June, 2021, after 3 months they said they didn't received it, so I ask the HK police department to send another certified true copy in Nov, 2021. until now, Feb 2022, my consultant call IRCC and they said they still dun have it.
They received mine on the 3rd week.

I went to the police station to apply for it, CNCC have to send it directly to IRCC on their end.
Make sure the address on the letter from IRCC is correct sometimes they make mistakes too.

isabell.L

Star Member
Jul 12, 2013
They received mine on the 3rd week.

I went to the police station to apply for it, CNCC have to send it directly to IRCC on their end.
Make sure the address on the letter from IRCC is correct sometimes they make mistakes too.
Thank you!! So did they send it directly to the Canada office or did they sent it to the Canadian Consulate General in Hong Kong?
Because my family went there for me and HK police department told them they will send it directly to the HK office instead.

Is this address Correct??
Attn : OW
Program Support Officer immigration , Refugees and Citizenship Canada
CIO-Correspondence
49 Dorchester Street
Sydney, NS
B1P 5Z2
Canada

dream996

Jan 30, 2019
Thank you!! So did they send it directly to the Canada office or did they sent it to the Canadian Consulate General in Hong Kong?
Because my family went there for me and HK police department told them they will send it directly to the HK office instead.

Is this address Correct??
Attn : OW
Program Support Officer immigration , Refugees and Citizenship Canada
CIO-Correspondence
49 Dorchester Street
Sydney, NS
B1P 5Z2
Canada

Would you mind clarifying where are you applying? Are you in Hong Kong? Is your family applying it on your behalf?

If you are applying in HK, you will get a reference/request letter directly from IRCC, the letter will instruct HK police authorities to send the CNCC to the Consulate General of Canada in Hong Kong.

However, in your case, it seems that you are applying outside of Hong Kong and your case is being processed in Sydney, Nova Scotia.

Have you provided everything on this checklist?
https://www.police.gov.hk/info/doc/cert_no_crime/en/checklist_overseas_en.pdf

isabell.L

Star Member
Jul 12, 2013
Would you mind clarifying where are you applying? Are you in Hong Kong? Is your family applying it on your behalf?

If you are applying in HK, you will get a reference/request letter directly from IRCC, the letter will instruct HK police authorities to send the CNCC to the Consulate General of Canada in Hong Kong.

However, in your case, it seems that you are applying outside of Hong Kong and your case is being processed in Sydney, Nova Scotia.

Have you provided everything on this checklist?
https://www.police.gov.hk/info/doc/cert_no_crime/en/checklist_overseas_en.pdf
Yes! I applied inland. I received the letter from IRCC requesting for the CNCC from Hong Kong, so I ask our family to go to the Police department to apply one for my husband. Same as your's , the result was delivered the Consulate General of Canada in Hong Kong, and we also confirmed with the Hong Kong Police department and they gave us a tracking number to proof it was delivered. The problem is that it seems like no one scan and upload the document to my file, that's why IRCC in Canada office said they didn't received it. Can I know if yours already uploaded to your file ?? Did you call them to confirm??

Last edited:

dream996

Jan 30, 2019
Yes! I applied inland. I received the letter from IRCC requesting for the CNCC from Hong Kong, so I ask our family to go to the Police department to apply one for my husband. Same as your's , the result was delivered the Consulate General of Canada in Hong Kong, and we also confirmed with the Hong Kong Police department and they gave us a tracking number to proof it was delivered. The problem is that it seems like no one scan and upload the document to my file, that's why IRCC in Canada office said they didn't received it. Can I know if yours already uploaded to your file ?? Did you call them to confirm??
Unfortunately, IRCC is facing some backlog and they are terrible at keeping people up-to-date about status. Also, they don't update your profile as you'd expect. Even though they may have received the documents they don't necessarily tell you nor do they upload the documents to the profile.

It's very frustrating to deal with them :/

I simply uploaded my receipt as proof and a letter informing them I applied, a few weeks later my permit was approved. I didn't have to call or do anything.

Your best bet is to upload webforms with letters explaining your situation and keep calling until the issues is resolved.

Reactions: isabell.L