+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Police Certificate Fingerprints Rejected Repeatedly?

EStrong

Nov 7, 2018
Hi there, I signed up for this forum to hopefully get some help for my issue. I'm in the process of getting my permanent residency in British Columbia, and the only piece I'm waiting on is my Police Certificate. I've submitted my prints 4 times, and every time they're rejected. I got the first three sets done at my local RCMP, and at the suggestion of the FBI worker who I called did the last set myself at home. I tried calling again after the most recent set was declined, but the worker refused to give me any info and simply said that if they were rejected, they were too low quality.

I just wanted to ask if anyone has had this issue happen, and how they fixed it? I work with my hands for a living as an artist so my fingerprints aren't the best, and I also have very tiny hands. It's getting a bit tiring needing to pay the $18 fee + $15 for shipping my prints down repeatedly, not to mention needing to apply to extend my visitor status because of this holdup.

As far as I know, there is no alternative way to get a Police Certificate and they do not accept digital prints. Any ideas? Thanks!

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Hi there, I signed up for this forum to hopefully get some help for my issue. I'm in the process of getting my permanent residency in British Columbia, and the only piece I'm waiting on is my Police Certificate. I've submitted my prints 4 times, and every time they're rejected. I got the first three sets done at my local RCMP, and at the suggestion of the FBI worker who I called did the last set myself at home. I tried calling again after the most recent set was declined, but the worker refused to give me any info and simply said that if they were rejected, they were too low quality.

I just wanted to ask if anyone has had this issue happen, and how they fixed it? I work with my hands for a living as an artist so my fingerprints aren't the best, and I also have very tiny hands. It's getting a bit tiring needing to pay the $18 fee + $15 for shipping my prints down repeatedly, not to mention needing to apply to extend my visitor status because of this holdup.

As far as I know, there is no alternative way to get a Police Certificate and they do not accept digital prints. Any ideas? Thanks!
1. Talk to the local police and ask who does the finger printing for cadavers. They can raise the prints.

Reactions: EStrong and scylla

EStrong

Nov 7, 2018
That's a good idea! I'll call and ask tomorrow morning. I've also submitted a contact us form to the IRCC asking about an alternative method to obtain my PC, and included my rejection letters. Fingers crossed there.

EStrong

Nov 7, 2018

So this was the response I received from my submission asking about an alternative to obtaining the PC with my ink fingerprints. Anyone know if it's even possible to be accepted without the PC included in my PR package? I would say it's worth a try, but the steep application fee has me hesitant to try.

EStrong

Nov 7, 2018
A happy update! This morning I received an email from the FBI(unprompted) and it seemed that they mistakenly declined my previous fingerprints, so after opening one more case and paying the fee, they were accepted and processed! Yay. Glad this ended on a happy note. I can finally proceed with my PR application :)