+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Police Certificate - Email vs Courier

ushopeful

Dec 7, 2016
I recently received an e-mail requesting my RPRF and FBI Clearance certificate. In the e-mail, it included directions on how to send digital copies of these items and told me to e-mail my response back to them. The majority of the body of the e-mail is as follows (minus the parts that could identify me personally & removing the links):

Instructions to obtain Police Certificates can be found on our website.

You can pay the Right of Permanent Residence Fee online by visiting our website. Once the payment process is complete, the web site will display your official receipt in PDF format. Please send the receipt with your application number in the title to the following email CPCO-Cost-Recovery@cic.gc.ca. Please note that the RPRF ($490 per adult) is separate from the processing fees ($550 per adult and $150 per child) which were paid at the time of submitting the application.

The above information/documents must be received in our office within 30 days from the date of this letter. FBI certificates or proof of application for same must be provided within 90 days from the date of this letter.

If we do not receive a response within the time allotted to you from the date of this notice, a decision will be made based on the information on your file, which could result in the refusal of your application.

Please reply directly to this email and put your application number in the title.

Please note:

· Any documents submitted which are not in English or French must be accompanied by a notarized translation in either English or French.

· Please send us scanned versions of the requested documents. Please do not submit originals, unless otherwise stated, as documents submitted will not be returned.

· Please note that we can only accept unzipped PDF, JPG or .doc files that are attached to an email, totaling less than 5 MB.
However, recently I saw on a different part of the website that says police certificates must be sent by mail vs other documents which can be sent via e-mail. This directly conflicts with the directions I received in the e-mail. I sent my documents in response to this e-mail.

To make me even more panicky, I checked my status today and it says 'DECISION MADE' but it doesn't say what the decision is! It hasn't even been 90 days (which I was supposed to have to submit my certificate.)

My question is this: Has anyone else submitted their FBI clearance via e-mail and been APPROVED?
Or should I send them a courier ASAP with my original copy, before the time runs out even though the website says the decision has been made before the 90 day time period expired?

CDNPR2014

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
go by what the instructions state, not what you are reading on the internet. the instructions are specific to your application. the internet are general guidelines. if they did not provide a mailing address for the PCC, then they want you to email it. if they need it mailed, they will ask.

Don't worry about DM. If you are receiving a request to pay the RPRF, then you can assume your file was approved. they would have required an interview or more application information and would not have requested the RPRF if they do not intend to approve your file.

In addition to sending it as instructed, it may also be a good idea to send a case specific enquiry through the website to confirm with them if they require the original PCC.