+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Police Certificate delivered to Regular Mail address instead of Courier address

EssT

Jan 8, 2020
Hi,
I arranged to dispatch my Police Certificate (from HK Police) to IRCC through Fedex, since HK Airmail is not working due to the pandemic.
However, I mentioned the 'Regular mail' address on the package, instead of using the 'Courier Address'. The fedex tracking says it has been delivered.

I have sent the PCC Fedex courier to:

ATTN: EE Registry
Case Processing Agent
Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada
CIO – Correspondence
PO BOX 8400
Sydney, NS
B1P 0G6
Canada

Instead of sending it to :

ATTN: EE Registry
Case Processing Agent
Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada
CIO-Correspondence
49 Dorchester Street
Sydney, NS
B1P 5Z2
Canada

The 6 months to my application were due on 12 Sept 2020, and right now my Application Status on IRCC website shows 100%Complete, but it also mentions that:
1. August 25, 2020 We are reviewing the additional documents you provided. (this is when I submitted additional medical for my child)
2. We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.

I wrote to CIC via a webform that I have accidentally sent the PCC Courier to the Regular Mail address. They sent a standard reply about extension due to pandemic etc, without acknowledging if they actually received the PCC or not, or if it is ok that a Courier is received in the Regular Mail address.

Since I have completed everything, I am now worried that this small mistake may cost me the application.

Does anyone have any experience about this? What should I do in such a case?

Thanks!

mmmiii

Sep 14, 2020
Hi, I also had a HKPC courier issue which was a little different from yours. Hope my experience could be helpful.
HK sent my police certificate to CIO Sydney by regular mail in March, 2020. And according to Canada Post, it was delivered on 19 March, 2020. However, when I request the application status through webform, I was told this HKPC has not been received.
After several rounds of communication, I decided to request HK Police Force to re-send the copy. But, just when I made the arrangement, CPC Ottawa (my secondary office) sent me an email saying they just received the letter which was sent on March.
In this case, I consider that once our letter is delivered, it will be finally received by IRCC. The only problem is just the time it will take. All we have to do is to clarify the detailed delivery information through webform.

EssT

Jan 8, 2020
Hi, I also had a HKPC courier issue which was a little different from yours. Hope my experience could be helpful.
HK sent my police certificate to CIO Sydney by regular mail in March, 2020. And according to Canada Post, it was delivered on 19 March, 2020. However, when I request the application status through webform, I was told this HKPC has not been received.
After several rounds of communication, I decided to request HK Police Force to re-send the copy. But, just when I made the arrangement, CPC Ottawa (my secondary office) sent me an email saying they just received the letter which was sent on March.
In this case, I consider that once our letter is delivered, it will be finally received by IRCC. The only problem is just the time it will take. All we have to do is to clarify the detailed delivery information through webform.

Hi,
Thanks for sharing this.
Would you please let me know what/how you asked the IRCC in your webform about them receiving your PCC? I will send them a similar request to confirm.

I think I was clear in what I tried to inform them in my webform info, but it seems that they just sent me a generic 'extension due to pandemic' reply.

For HKPF to resend the copy - Did you contact the HKPF for it? I am planning to do the same, just to be on the safer side. Do you know the process to have them resend a copy?

Thanks

mmmiii

Sep 14, 2020
Hi,
Thanks for sharing this.
Would you please let me know what/how you asked the IRCC in your webform about them receiving your PCC? I will send them a similar request to confirm.

I think I was clear in what I tried to inform them in my webform info, but it seems that they just sent me a generic 'extension due to pandemic' reply.

For HKPF to resend the copy - Did you contact the HKPF for it? I am planning to do the same, just to be on the safer side. Do you know the process to have them resend a copy?

Thanks
For the webform thing, I just wrote "I am writing to confirm if you have well received my police certificate sent by Hong Kong Police Force on *DATE* with a delivery number of XX". I think maybe we'd better to ask only 1 question in one webform, because I had the experience that the agent only replied the first question. Maybe they are too busy...

For resending the copy, here is the process:
- send an email to HKPF attaching the webform reply which indicates that IRCC does not receive your letter
- HKPF would reply your email and ask you to choose a delivery method (mail or courier) and give them the resending address
- HKPF would then send you an email advising a pick-up date for courier
- you should arrange a courier yourself and paid in advance, then send the courier waybill, labor and payment receipt to HKPF by email

But I am not sure if HKPF would resend your copy if you don't have a document which indicates that IRCC does not receive your first letter.

Reactions: monthur

EssT

Jan 8, 2020
For the webform thing, I just wrote "I am writing to confirm if you have well received my police certificate sent by Hong Kong Police Force on *DATE* with a delivery number of XX". I think maybe we'd better to ask only 1 question in one webform, because I had the experience that the agent only replied the first question. Maybe they are too busy...

- send an email to HKPF attaching the webform reply which indicates that IRCC does not receive your letter
- HKPF would reply your email and ask you to choose a delivery method (mail or courier) and give them the resending address
- you should arrange a courier yourself and paid in advance, then send the courier waybill, labor and payment receipt to HKPF by email

But I am not sure if HKPF would resend your copy if you don't have a document which indicates that IRCC does not receive your first letter.
Sounds good.
I will send it out to them and see what they have to say.

Thanks a lot! :)

monthur

Sep 17, 2020

Thanks for the helpful info! May I ask how did you track the mail when it reached Canada? I heard that Canada Post doesn't release delivery information of international registered mails.