+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Police certificate dated 2019, Can I submit it for my CEC application?

CripplingYogi194

Jul 29, 2018
I have a police certificate dated 19th March 2019. Since 2018, I left my home country and I have been living in Canada the past 3 years. Can I use this certificate for my CEC application?

Born in the country the police certificate is issued.
Left in Sept 2018 and never returned back
Police cert is dated March 2019

Thanks

kisiro191

Star Member
Jul 2, 2020
I believe the PCC is only valid for a year. I am on the same boat, applied for PCC in 2017 before coming to Canada, and never left Canada since. Still have to apply for another PCC now just in case.

CripplingYogi194

Jul 29, 2018
I believe the PCC is only valid for a year. I am on the same boat, applied for PCC in 2017 before coming to Canada, and never left Canada since. Still have to apply for another PCC now just in case.
I read that you can submit an expired cert if you have not been in the country after it was given. anyone can confirm this or have ever done this? Thanks

Mine was issued after i left the country

For any other country
For any other country, the police certificate must be issued after the last time you stayed there for 6 months or more in a row.

Some countries put expiry dates on their police certificates. If you have a police certificate that expired, include it. We’ll accept it if:

• it was issued after the last time you stayed there for 6 months or more in a row
  • it is not for the country where you currently live
An officer may ask for a new one later on.

kisiro191

Star Member
Jul 2, 2020
I read that you can submit an expired cert if you have not been in the country after it was given. anyone can confirm this or have ever done this? Thanks

Mine was issued after i left the country

For any other country
For any other country, the police certificate must be issued after the last time you stayed there for 6 months or more in a row.

Some countries put expiry dates on their police certificates. If you have a police certificate that expired, include it. We’ll accept it if:

• it was issued after the last time you stayed there for 6 months or more in a row
  • it is not for the country where you currently live
An officer may ask for a new one later on.
You're right. But there are some cases that you will be asked to submit it "An officer may ask for a new one later on". So I just get a new one while I am in the pool to avoid the delay