+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Police Certificate ---- Country / territory of issue

llty

Apr 6, 2019
Hi

When I tried to upload my police certificate from UK (Place were I lived for short period ) there is a slot where I need to write down the country of issue of the document (police certificate) , but to my surprise in the country list does not appear just UK , appear instead all this possible options for UK

1. UK overseas territories citizen
  2. UK overseas citizen
  3. UK subject
  4. UK national (overseas)
  5. UK protected person

which mine is NONE of them cause I am not citizen of UK, I just lived there for 11months so
what option should I write there, or how should I explain it somehow ?
or maybe if I am from European Union does not matter the option here ?

Thank you !

Last edited:
Reactions: sunnycube

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
These are categories of nationality from the UK. Are you sure it's asking for the country and territory of issue of a police certificate and not a passport?

llty

Apr 6, 2019
These are categories of nationality from the UK. Are you sure it's asking for the country and territory of issue of a police certificate and not a passport?
Yes I think so ,
In the cic website appear the follow info inside the Police certificate request in my account

Provide the following information on the document requested. ( Police certificate )

Document Name
Document Number
Country / territory of issue
Issue Date
Expiry Date

For example I need also attach for other country and there is no issue at all they just put the country name inside the Country / territory of issue menu

Only with UK appear this ..

Anitha sek

Jul 10, 2019
Hi,

We also have the same question.
1. What must be the expiry date? It's not mentioned in the document.
2. What should be chosen as a country of the issue from the drop-down? ( we worked for 4 yrs in London on work permit visa)

It would be of great help to let us know what you ended up with.

sunnycube

Aug 11, 2019
Hi guys, what did you end up doing? I have the same question so I was wondering if any of you already uploaded by now and got the visa or not?

Paidraic

Jan 20, 2020
Hi, I also have this issue. I am Irish, and live in London.. do you know what country/territory I should put for my UK Police certificate?

Aleen

Star Member
Nov 14, 2017
Canada
Hello,

So I have two police clearance certificate from two countries I've lived, my cic only gives one option to upload certificate, if I merge both certificate, what should be my country of issue and document number? As it's two different country and two different numbers.

Thanks

Marie-Louise

Feb 17, 2021
I have the same issue with the IEC 1 year visa (I am from Germany). The option for UK (or synonyms) or Schotland (where I studied) is not available. I have tried everything, calling them , sending a web form and even a tecnical error form (since those options are not countries) but I never got any help. Does someone here know what to do? Or did this get resolved for someone?

kamranayub1100

Mar 11, 2019
I have the same issue with the IEC 1 year visa (I am from Germany). The option for UK (or synonyms) or Schotland (where I studied) is not available. I have tried everything, calling them , sending a web form and even a tecnical error form (since those options are not countries) but I never got any help. Does someone here know what to do? Or did this get resolved for someone?
did you or anyone get a solution for this? i am in similar situation. thanks