+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Police certificate CEC

Kinto

Sep 21, 2019
Hi. I've lived in Canada for 7 years now and I came as a student. When I was applying for my study permit I was requested to provide a police certificate from my country, which I did. I currently hold a PGWP and I was invited to apply under CEC and I am requested to provide a police certificate once more. I haven't lived in in my home country since I left for Canada 7 years ago, thus the record I am asked to provide is the same as the one I gave 7 years ago. Is that normal?

rily

Star Member
Mar 27, 2019
It is normal. The same with mine. I have to get the new one from my country. If you don't provide it, they will refuse ur application right away deal to incompleteness. Unless your country requests the letter from IRCC to get PCC

Reactions: Kinto

momars09

May 20, 2014
App. Filed.......
23-07-2014
IELTS Request
Med's Done....
UPFRONT 08-07-2014
Passport Req..
submitted with application
VISA ISSUED...
06/08/2014
LANDED..........
1-09-2014
Hi. I've lived in Canada for 7 years now and I came as a student. When I was applying for my study permit I was requested to provide a police certificate from my country, which I did. I currently hold a PGWP and I was invited to apply under CEC and I am requested to provide a police certificate once more. I haven't lived in in my home country since I left for Canada 7 years ago, thus the record I am asked to provide is the same as the one I gave 7 years ago. Is that normal?
Hi.. Yes you will have to provide a new pcc when applying for immigration. Many countries have consulates here which helps you getting your pcc here.

Kinto

Sep 21, 2019
It is normal. The same with mine. I have to get the new one from my country. If you don't provide it, they will refuse ur application right away deal to incompleteness. Unless your country requests the letter from IRCC to get PCC
Thank you!

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
Same, but with a current date... yes, that is normal.