+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Police certificate and schedule A - All family members?

Nickarou

Mar 29, 2017
Hi

Do ALL of my family members really need to complete a Police Certificate and Schedule A Background (IMM5669)?

My Canadian wife is sponsoring me - and me only - for permanent residence. We sent off our application last month and now we have an email requesting for these documents from all family members, whether they are accompanying me or not. Oh, and I need to do this my the end of April.

Something doesn't add up: On the Shedule A (IMM5669) form it asks if you are the 'principal applicant' or the 'spouse, common-law partner or dependent child aged 18 years or older of the principal applicant'. So, what about parents and siblings?

What's the definition of 'family member'?

Thanks

MilesAway

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-09-2014
Doc's Request.
09-04-2015
AOR Received.
12-11-2014
File Transfer...
30-10-2014
Med's Done....
26-08-2014
Passport Req..
23-04-2015
VISA ISSUED...
07-05-2015
LANDED..........
04-06-2015
Taken from the guide: Family members
An applicant’s closest relatives, in the context of an application. It is defined as a spouse or common-law partner, dependent children, and their dependent children.

Lasso

Aug 15, 2016
Nickarou said:
Hi

Do ALL of my family members really need to complete a Police Certificate and Schedule A Background (IMM5669)?

My Canadian wife is sponsoring me - and me only - for permanent residence. We sent off our application last month and now we have an email requesting for these documents from all family members, whether they are accompanying me or not. Oh, and I need to do this my the end of April.

Something doesn't add up: On the Shedule A (IMM5669) form it asks if you are the 'principal applicant' or the 'spouse, common-law partner or dependent child aged 18 years or older of the principal applicant'. So, what about parents and siblings?

What's the definition of 'family member'?

Thanks
Your family member, your spouse and children only
It depends on how many depends did your wife included in her application. If it is you and you children then any one above 18 should provide a police certificate.

Falasteeniyeh

Apr 24, 2017
Yes I received this correspondence from CPC as well.
My Canadian partner is sponsoring me.
I included 2 police certificates from the two countries I spent my time in since age 18.
I asked the lawyer that helped us with our application and he reassured me that the police certificates are only for the primary applicant (and their dependent children)

Lasso

Aug 15, 2016
Falasteeniyeh said:
Yes I received this correspondence from CPC as well.
My Canadian partner is sponsoring me.
I included 2 police certificates from the two countries I spent my time in since age 18.
I asked the lawyer that helped us with our application and he reassured me that the police certificates are only for the primary applicant (and their dependent children)
And their dependent children above 18.

karachi-pakistan

Apr 12, 2016
Edmonton, AB, CA
Hi guys,

I have a similar question; I am applying for my wife's sponsorship too and need to confirm if only one police certificate is required from her home country or two (address where she lived before and after marriage). Her country, infact the city, of residence remained the same.

Please share your opinions...