+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Police Certificate and Option C Help

Djdj9037

Jan 25, 2017
Hi again,
I am applying for inland sponsorship and I sent off for my police certificate from Ireland last week. i received conformation from the police force from there yesterday that they had completed my certificate and that they would mail it back to me. They also sent me by email a scanned copy if I wanted to print it off. My question is can I print off and send or those it have to be the original? it is signed by a police officer on scanned version too? It would save me a lot of time with application, as I am pretty much ready to send off, if i could use scanned copy instead of waiting how many more weeks for original.
Thank you for help,
Dan.

Also just a question about The most recent notice of assessment/proof of income section as well. My wife and I have been living outside of Canada for past 2 years so I believe her most recent would have been 2016 but she is locked out of her CRA account and when tried calling he said there was no info to send anyway since we have been gone for so long. Just confused as to what to do? Do we write explanation as to why we don't have it or try and get 2015/2016 notice of assessment for her?

Hurlabrick

Champion Member
Sep 4, 2016
Ottawa, ON
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
23-06-2016
AOR Received.
12-07-2016
File Transfer...
23-08-2016
Med's Done....
08-06-2016
Passport Req..
21-12-2016
VISA ISSUED...
24-12-2016
LANDED..........
11-04-2017
Hi again,
I am applying for inland sponsorship and I sent off for my police certificate from Ireland last week. i received conformation from the police force from there yesterday that they had completed my certificate and that they would mail it back to me. They also sent me by email a scanned copy if I wanted to print it off. My question is can I print off and send or those it have to be the original? it is signed by a police officer on scanned version too? It would save me a lot of time with application, as I am pretty much ready to send off, if i could use scanned copy instead of waiting how many more weeks for original.
It does not appear to say either way. I have to say that I would wait for the original which surely would only take a few days in the post to get to you.

Also just a question about The most recent notice of assessment/proof of income section as well. My wife and I have been living outside of Canada for past 2 years so I believe her most recent would have been 2016 but she is locked out of her CRA account and when tried calling he said there was no info to send anyway since we have been gone for so long. Just confused as to what to do? Do we write explanation as to why we don't have it or try and get 2015/2016 notice of assessment for her?
The checklist is fairly clear. I can only assume you are reading the requirements for the checkbox that starts with the words 'If you are working in Canada.....' - surely your sponsor is not working in Canada as they are with you in Ireland??

You need the checkbox that starts with 'If you are not working in Canada.....' - Nothing in there about CRA forms. I sent a copy of my UK P60 and a narrative and proof of funds for how I would support us in Canada and what I would do once there etc.....

Djdj9037

Jan 25, 2017
It does not appear to say either way. I have to say that I would wait for the original which surely would only take a few days in the post to get to you.

The checklist is fairly clear. I can only assume you are reading the requirements for the checkbox that starts with the words 'If you are working in Canada.....' - surely your sponsor is not working in Canada as they are with you in Ireland??

You need the checkbox that starts with 'If you are not working in Canada.....' - Nothing in there about CRA forms. I sent a copy of my UK P60 and a narrative and proof of funds for how I would support us in Canada and what I would do once there etc.....
Apologies if I was not clear. I am applying inland in Canada as I am on a eta visitor here so I will probably have to wait a while for them to mail police cert from ireland..that is my only concer.

Also my wife got off phone with cra and since she hasn't filed taxes for 2017 or 2016, because we were living in Ireland, we are getting her 2015 assesment mailed out to us. Do you think this will be enough ? And we just write an explanation as to why we don't have her most recent one from last year and that she is currently doing her tax returns for those years.

Thanks
Dan

Hurlabrick

Champion Member
Sep 4, 2016
Ottawa, ON
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
23-06-2016
AOR Received.
12-07-2016
File Transfer...
23-08-2016
Med's Done....
08-06-2016
Passport Req..
21-12-2016
VISA ISSUED...
24-12-2016
LANDED..........
11-04-2017
Apologies if I was not clear. I am applying inland in Canada as I am on a eta visitor here so I will probably have to wait a while for them to mail police cert from ireland..that is my only concer.

Also my wife got off phone with cra and since she hasn't filed taxes for 2017 or 2016, because we were living in Ireland, we are getting her 2015 assesment mailed out to us. Do you think this will be enough ? And we just write an explanation as to why we don't have her most recent one from last year and that she is currently doing her tax returns for those years.

Thanks
Dan
Aaah - sorry, I missed your 'inland' bit!

I suspect it is a coin-toss as regards a print of the scanned copy vs the original certificate.

I can't see that you can do anymore as regards the CRA, so I would suggest 'proof' of earnings in Ireland plus an explanatory letter and her 2015 assessment would do fine.