+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Police certificate and clearances - Inland sponsorship

mgdesigner28

Jul 8, 2020
Hello everyone,
I came to Canada 3 weeks ago, and I'm going to apply for inland spousal sponsorship with my husband (canadian citizen). We've been working on our application since few months ago, but everything changed on the day we decided to do it inland.
I'm from Colombia and I've lived in Colombia my entire life (and no other country). On the IMM 5533-Document checklist, there's a section named "7. Police certificate and clearances" that has 3 different checkboxes:
1. The country where you currently live if you have lived there for 6 months or more; and
2. The country where you have lived most of your life since the age of 18.

And then, there's a section named "Canadian police certificates" and it says "if you have lived in Canada for the last 6 months"

SO, my questions are:
A. For the checkbox number one, do I need to check it and write "Canada" on the empty imput or not? I ask this because I currently live in Canada, but for ONLY 3 weeks, not 6 months or more.
b. If Canada isn't the answer, then do I need to write "Colombia" or just leave it empty?
C. And for the "canadian police certificates" I'm not sure if this applies to me or not. What I understand is that it doesn't apply to me because I need to be here for 6 months after the date of my application in order to check this box. Am I correct?

I would really appreciate your help.