+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Police background check for Inland spousal sponsorship

OrangeMapleIsHome

Star Member
Aug 7, 2019
Hi, does anyone know the easiest way to go about getting a US criminal record check done for an American Inland applicant? The checklist doesn't list it but the basic guide does say it is needed as well as the country where you've lived for the past 6 months..
Do you need to have fingerprinting done, and if so, can anyone recommend a good company to do so with? Thanks in advance

travelingrabbit

Star Member
Jul 24, 2020
Hi,

You need to either A) Go into a center that can scan your fingerprints to send to the FBI for your background check or B) Mail in the form and fingerprint cards to them.

Here's the link from the IRCC for info.

I personally filled the form and did the fingerprinting myself at home on the cards and mailed it in. I made sure to make at least 3 cards of fingerprints so in case some of the fingerprinting isn't good enough, they would have more examples. I had no issues and got my police cert. pretty quickly.

Reactions: OrangeMapleIsHome

OrangeMapleIsHome

Star Member
Aug 7, 2019
Hi,

You need to either A) Go into a center that can scan your fingerprints to send to the FBI for your background check or B) Mail in the form and fingerprint cards to them.

Here's the link from the IRCC for info.

I personally filled the form and did the fingerprinting myself at home on the cards and mailed it in. I made sure to make at least 3 cards of fingerprints so in case some of the fingerprinting isn't good enough, they would have more examples. I had no issues and got my police cert. pretty quickly.
Thank you so much for the reply!

Reactions: travelingrabbit