+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Points System for 2 MBAs

Kassa1988

Apr 6, 2020
I have a degree and a MBA in Business Administration. I'm planning to come to Canada for a MBA in finance since I have 5 years working experience in finance sector.

1) Is it possible for me to apply for another MBA?

2) If so, when I apply for PR, will I get points for both MBAs since I will have 2 MBAs by that time..
Or only for Canadian MBA?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
I have a degree and a MBA in Business Administration. I'm planning to come to Canada for a MBA in finance since I have 5 years working experience in finance sector.

2) If so, when I apply for PR, will I get points for both MBAs since I will have 2 MBAs by that time..
1. You can apply but it doesn't really make sense given that you already have an MBA.

2. You won't get any extra points for having more than one MBA.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017

You already work in finance with your MBA so it would be very clear that you are not a genuine student.

Kassa1988

Apr 6, 2020
1. You can apply but it doesn't really make sense given that you already have an MBA.

2. You won't get any extra points for having more than one MBA.
1) Those are 2 different MBAs. And actually my field is finace. Hence I will need that qualification in future. What do you think?
2) There are 2 categories in express entry for education qualification.. One is Canada qualification and other one is foreign. If I got both, won't I get both points?

Kassa1988

Apr 6, 2020
You already work in finance with your MBA so it would be very clear that you are not a genuine student.
Those are 2 different MBAs. And actually my field is finace. Hence I will need that qualification in future. In this case can't I apply for my 2nd MBA?
Those are 2 different MBAs. And actually my field is finace. Hence I will need that qualification in future. In that case can't I apply for it?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
1) Those are 2 different MBAs. And actually my field is finace. Hence I will need that qualification in future. What do you think?
2) There are 2 categories in express entry for education qualification.. One is Canada qualification and other one is foreign. If I got both, won't I get both points?
1. It doesn't change the answer. Your chances are less because you already have an MBA.

2. You get points if you have Canadian education, whether that be a diploma or a Master's degree. I meant that you don't get to double your points for having 2 MBAs.

Impatient Dankaroo

VIP Member
Jan 10, 2020
No top Canadian institution would accept you into their program if you already have an MBA. I'd challenge you to find me one person that has 2 MBAs

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Have you looked at what you are making now and your opportunities and whether it makes sense to move to Canada. It is a very small market and may are moving or returning form London and HK due to political instability plus there is immigration and Canadians who have never left Canada are trying to enter the finance sector. There are only so many jobs to go around in our small country. The salaries tend to much lower then other regions on top of it.