+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Points reduction after invitation

sparkling123

Star Member
Apr 28, 2017
Hi,

I got the invitation with 451 points. The cut-off was 431.

When I filled my EE profile, I included a year of foreign work experience which gave me 25 points. However, due to bureaucratic nightmares at the place I worked, I may not get a proper service letter which suits CIC. Therefore, I may possibly lose the 25 points. But, my wife just did her English test, and she got 15 points (when filling out the EE profile, she hadn't done the English test which gave her zero marks).

As such, I will actually have 441 points when I apply (451 -25 +15). This is still higher than the cut-off mark for my round of invitation. My question is this. Am I good to go ahead?

Hoping for some insight from others. Thanks in advance!!

Srushti

Oct 25, 2016
Los Angeles, California
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
01-03-2017
Doc's Request.
31-03-2017
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
26-05-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
01-08-2017
any changes made after ITA, I would always suggest to raise a CSE along with submitting you eAPR. You would want the visa officer to clearly understand your situation and assess your case with all fairness.

sparkling123

Star Member
Apr 28, 2017
Thanks for your reply.

I haven't actually done the formal application yet even though I got the invitation. As there is some more time left, I'm waiting to see if I can get a more suitable letter from my foreign employer before submitting my application. It doesn't look very hopeful though.

I want to make sure that I won't be rejected for purely technical/procedural reasons because my score dropped a bit. As per the CIC site, if the score drops below the cut-off threshold, I'm ineligible. However, in my case, my score is still above the cut-off threshold for my round of invitation. So, the dilemma is to go ahead with the application and submit or not.

vensak

VIP Member
Jul 14, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sparkling123 said:
Hi,

I got the invitation with 451 points. The cut-off was 431.

When I filled my EE profile, I included a year of foreign work experience which gave me 25 points. However, due to bureaucratic nightmares at the place I worked, I may not get a proper service letter which suits CIC. Therefore, I may possibly lose the 25 points. But, my wife just did her English test, and she got 15 points (when filling out the EE profile, she hadn't done the English test which gave her zero marks).

As such, I will actually have 441 points when I apply (451 -25 +15). This is still higher than the cut-off mark for my round of invitation. My question is this. Am I good to go ahead?

Hoping for some insight from others. Thanks in advance!!
You need to show that at the day of ITA and on the day of AOR you meet minimum CRS criteria. If IELTS of your wife is dated after your ITA it will not count towards your points at the day of ITA.
So not providing reference letter or alternative evidence that you got work experience according requirements (for example work contract, pay subs, alternative reference letter from your manager), you will not meet criteria and your application will be rejected.
Furthermore, you also have to prove at least 1 year of work experience in order to be qualified for EE as such.

So you have no other choice, but to get evidence from your work space.