+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Points for the Area of Training Criteri

Jayy

Star Member
Sep 21, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Bonjour!

When I calculated points for QSWP, I noticed that a Bachelors in Graphic Communications guy gets 0 points, while, a 10+3 Mechanical Engineering Diploma guy gets (ACS/DCS) 6/12 points under Area of Training Criterion.

The preliminary tool says I'm eligible if I apply with Mechanical Diploma and ineligible with my University level Graphic Communications degree! I also understand that my work experience does not necessarily relevant to my degree/diploma! So, is there a possibility that I apply only with my diploma without mentioning the degree?!

Or am I missing something? Guys, please throw some light! Many thanks in advance!

Jayy

Star Member
Sep 21, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Re: Points for the Area of Training Criterion

Bump!

Montreal-QC

Star Member
Sep 2, 2016
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24 Nov'16
AOR Received.
Med's Request
Jayy said:
Bonjour!

When I calculated points for QSWP, I noticed that a Bachelors in Graphic Communications guy gets 0 points, while, a 10+3 Mechanical Engineering Diploma guy gets (ACS/DCS) 6/12 points under Area of Training Criterion.

The preliminary tool says I'm eligible if I apply with Mechanical Diploma and ineligible with my University level Graphic Communications degree! I also understand that my work experience does not necessarily relevant to my degree/diploma! So, is there a possibility that I apply only with my diploma without mentioning the degree?!

Or am I missing something? Guys, please throw some light! Many thanks in advance!
Off course u mentioned the diploma, which gives u points. To getting points in work experience, ur works must have the NOC. If u r work experience is related to the diploma for which u r not getting point. Then it's better to mention both diploma. But, u only get point the mechanical diploma.

Jayy

Star Member
Sep 21, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Montreal-QC said:
Off course u mentioned the diploma, which gives u points. To getting points in work experience, ur works must have the NOC. If u r work experience is related to the diploma for which u r not getting point. Then it's better to mention both diploma. But, u only get point the mechanical diploma.
Merci beaucoup. Je vous ai envoyé un message privé. Veuillez vérifier votre boîte de réception.