+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Points for Intra-Company Transferee

tomie0987

Star Member
Oct 24, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Friends,

I am a newbie to the Canada PR process. I have got few questions, kindly help me out.

If my employer transfer me to Canada (Intra-Company Transferee with Specialized Knowledge - LMIA Exempt job - Closed Work Permit).

1. Will I be eligible to claim points as soon as I start working in Canada or should I spend any specific time with my employer in Canada to become eligible to claim points?
2. Are there any specific documents required from my employer to claim those points?
3. How many points will I be able to claim (Non Managerial Job)?

Thank you

thinkshady

Jun 26, 2016
NOC Code......
tomie0987 said:
Hi Friends,

I am a newbie to the Canada PR process. I have got few questions, kindly help me out.

If my employer transfer me to Canada (Intra-Company Transferee with Specialized Knowledge - LMIA Exempt job - Closed Work Permit).

1. Will I be eligible to claim points as soon as I start working in Canada or should I spend any specific time with my employer in Canada to become eligible to claim points?
2. Are there any specific documents required from my employer to claim those points?

Thank you
Check out the requirement below.

http://news.gc.ca/web/article-en.do?mthd=tp&crtr.page=1&nid=1153419&crtr.tp1D=930

janasj

Oct 22, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
tomie0987 said:
Hi Friends,

Thank you
1. You will not be eligible immediately. You should have atleast 1 year experience in Canada for the same employer. So, 1 year atleast.
2. You need a letter from your employer about your 1 year experience and also showing you will be working in the same role and same compamy for 1 year after getting PR.
3. You will get 50 points.

tomie0987

Star Member
Oct 24, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thank you !!

I am not sure if my employer will be happy to give me a letter stating that.

Is there a workaround for this ?

kryt0n

VIP Member
Sep 30, 2014
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-03-2017
Passport Req..
11-07-2017
tomie0987 said:
Thank you !!

I am not sure if my employer will be happy to give me a letter stating that.

Is there a workaround for this ?
Erm, no, but you need to be there for a year first anyway so maybe they will like you enough by then.

bhargavbhavi

Star Member
Apr 7, 2016
tomie0987 said:
Hi Friends,

Thank you
hi you may apply for PR no issue.

Sharing my case

applied for intra company transfer
visa office ankara,Turkey
applied on 21st nov-2016
rejected visa on 30th nov-2016
re-applied with some additional documents on 11th dec-2016
got request for reason why i am applying for 3 year work permit-21st dec-2016
my consultant sent the reason letter same day but till then i havent received any update regarding my visa process.

as per cic webside the processing time for work permit from turkey is 2 week but mine cross over the month still no update.
Please share your case if you have passed through same situation.

Reactions: lightning_crashes

lightning_crashes

May 13, 2018
NOC Code......

Sharing my case

applied on 21st nov-2016
my consultant sent the reason letter same day but till then i havent received any update regarding my visa process.

as per cic webside the processing time for work permit from turkey is 2 week but mine cross over the month still no update.
Did you get the work visa? Pls share your timeline and experience.

Jul 6, 2018
Hi All,

Currently i am in USA with H1B visa and i have applied for Intra company transfer( Closed work permit) to canada. Still its in internal processing within the company. I have few doubts regarding the processing time.
Am an indian citizen. I changed my indian company to US based company

1. How long will it take to process my work permit to get approve once its submitted.
2. Is there any premium processing available for intra company transfer

Thanks
Abhi

Tommy2581

May 15, 2017
Hi All,

Currently i am in USA with H1B visa and i have applied for Intra company transfer( Closed work permit) to canada. Still its in internal processing within the company. I have few doubts regarding the processing time.
Am an indian citizen. I changed my indian company to US based company

1. How long will it take to process my work permit to get approve once its submitted.
2. Is there any premium processing available for intra company transfer

Thanks
Abhi
1. you can check the current timelines here: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/#
If you are applying from USA, it says 3 weeks time. My ICT took 8 weeks when I applied in August-2015. As per IRCC, Processing times will vary based on:
  • Type of application submitted;
  • Volume of applications received;
  • How easily they can verify information;
  • How well and how quickly you respond to any requests or concerns;
  • Whether the application is complete.
2. As far as I know, no premium processing for ICT.

RiSoliman

Dec 7, 2017

Sharing my case

applied on 21st nov-2016

Can you please advise what are the needed applications and documents and where to submit them? do we submit them at the VAC?

Thank you