+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Points for education and education assessment

Daria Healme

Jun 19, 2017
Hi everyone,

I'm planning to enter express entry pull in September (for Canadian Experiece Class), when I will collect my 1 year of work experience.

I sent my application for the education assessment like 1 month ago, but it looks like I won't get it before I'm going to enter the pull.

I'm just wondering, will I still get points for my foreign education in this case? Can I say that I have bachelors (because I have it!) and provide supporting assessment later, when I get my ITA? What if my education assessment will come after I receive at ITA?

Thanks in advance for your help!

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
Hi everyone,

I'm planning to enter express entry pull in September (for Canadian Experiece Class), when I will collect my 1 year of work experience.

I sent my application for the education assessment like 1 month ago, but it looks like I won't get it before I'm going to enter the pull.

I'm just wondering, will I still get points for my foreign education in this case? Can I say that I have bachelors (because I have it!) and provide supporting assessment later, when I get my ITA? What if my education assessment will come after I receive at ITA?
The ECA is not required for the CEC class. You can indicate your education, but you will not get points for it without the ECA. You can update your profile any time before you get the ITA. Changes to the profile after the ITA *might* affect your eligibility.

If you claim to have the ECA when you do not, that would be misrepresentation.

God of war

Aug 27, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
But advanced diploma is of 3 years in ontario..I got admission directly in 3 rd sem..I will not considered three year program?
I would imagine it depends on "course completion letter" from your school. They will mention in that letter. or you can ask them, what they gonna write in that letter.