+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Points for "CRS - Arranged Employment"

ShilpiGhosh

Aug 22, 2015
Hello - My husband and I have applied for PR (CEC stream) and our point is 410.
We haven't received any points under Point D "CRS - Arranged Employment".
Our attorney says that if my husband's company (in Ottawa) gives a reference letter mentioning that he will work with them for a minimum of one year after getting PR, we can get points.
We are unsure if company can do that. Can anyone suggest in this case?

Also, what can we do for Provincial Nomination for Ontario?

crama123

Feb 22, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-Apr-2013
Doc's Request.
Hong Kong PCC
AOR Received.
31-May-2013
IELTS Request
Submitted with application
Med's Request
09-Feb-2014
Med's Done....
05-Mar-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
02-May-2014
VISA ISSUED...
29-May-2014
LANDED..........
20-July-2014
If the company do not issue a reference letter then the paystubs & t4's should prove it anyways.
I would say

1. Get a reference letter from a couple of collegue's
2. Then Submit paystubs,bank statements showing salary credit, T4's & notice of assessment from CRA
3. Write a cover letter explaining why you are not able to submit reference letter and submit all the above listed documents along with the cover letter.

This is what I did when my employer refused to issue me a reference letter. In addition to the above I also attached an email from my company hr saying "issuing such reference letter is not a company policy".

ShilpiGhosh

Aug 22, 2015
Thank you!
But, in our case they are asking us to provide a letter saying that once we will get our PR then we will be employed with the same company for minimum one year. They are ready to provide reference letter for the past and current experience but I am not sure if companies can do that for future.

crama123

Feb 22, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-Apr-2013
Doc's Request.
Hong Kong PCC
AOR Received.
31-May-2013
IELTS Request
Med's Request
09-Feb-2014
Med's Done....
05-Mar-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
02-May-2014
VISA ISSUED...
29-May-2014
LANDED..........
20-July-2014
ShilpiGhosh said:
Thank you!
But, in our case they are asking us to provide a letter saying that once we will get our PR then we will be employed with the same company for minimum one year. They are ready to provide reference letter for the past and current experience but I am not sure if companies can do that for future.
I think they can. This is what they do while filing for closed work permits. Right ? Companies issue offer letter with a start and end date. But that in no way means they have to retain the employee until the end date.

CasioLottoMax

Star Member
Feb 2, 2017
Hi,

I think there is something missing here.

To get points through "arranged employments" means that there is a positive LMIA behind it in connection with the company being required to confirm a minimum one year employment upon receipt of PR.

Just the reference letter will not help. You have to ask your employer to go for an LMIA which is connected with certain costs and timeline.

crama123

Feb 22, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-Apr-2013
Doc's Request.
Hong Kong PCC
AOR Received.
31-May-2013
IELTS Request
Med's Request
09-Feb-2014
Med's Done....
05-Mar-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
02-May-2014
VISA ISSUED...
29-May-2014
LANDED..........
20-July-2014
CasioLottoMax said:
Hi,

I think there is something missing here.

To get points through "arranged employments" means that there is a positive LMIA behind it in connection with the company being required to confirm a minimum one year employment upon receipt of PR.

Just the reference letter will not help. You have to ask your employer to go for an LMIA which is connected with certain costs and timeline.

It can be an intra-company transfer in which case an LMIA is not required.

CasioLottoMax

Star Member
Feb 2, 2017
Intra-Company transfer is a different story. You get points for "Canadian Work Experience" , but you don't get points for "Arranged Employment". Arranged Employment is based on LMIA. In case of current Intra-Company transfer position it has to go through LMIA before it can be considered as "arranged employment". The current intra-company transfer job doesn't count as valid job offer or anything else.

thinkshady

Jun 26, 2016
NOC Code......
ShilpiGhosh said:
Hello - My husband and I have applied for PR (CEC stream) and our point is 410.
We haven't received any points under Point D "CRS - Arranged Employment".
Our attorney says that if my husband's company (in Ottawa) gives a reference letter mentioning that he will work with them for a minimum of one year after getting PR, we can get points.
We are unsure if company can do that. Can anyone suggest in this case?

Also, what can we do for Provincial Nomination for Ontario?
If your attorney is referring to ICT 50 points. This is applicable to ICT (Closed WP) - LMIA exempt employees who would receive 50 points provided they already have one year Canadian experience in the last 3 years and they also obtain a job offer letter which states employee will be working for at least one year after PR.

http://news.gc.ca/web/article-en.do?mthd=tp&crtr.page=1&nid=1153419&crtr.tp1D=930

If your spouse is on Closed WP ICT - LMIA exempt working in Canada, have at least one year Canadian experience and also can get such offer letter can claim 50 points.

Ontario PNP is not open yet.

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
CasioLottoMax said:
Intra-Company transfer is a different story. You get points for "Canadian Work Experience" , but you don't get points for "Arranged Employment". Arranged Employment is based on LMIA. In case of current Intra-Company transfer position it has to go through LMIA before it can be considered as "arranged employment". The current intra-company transfer job doesn't count as valid job offer or anything else.
That is not correct. IRCC issued a revision in November 2016 to allow others to meet the definition of "offer of employment.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/offer.asp

However, for the LMIA-exempt version, the OP needs to meet 3 criteria -
- on a named (closed) work permit
- has worked for the employer for at least one year
- has a written offer of (future) employment for at least one year, upon becoming a permanent resident.

The job offer letter is different from the letter of reference (which describes past experience), although they are likely to contain a lot of the same details/information.

CasioLottoMax

Star Member
Feb 2, 2017
Hi Jes_ON,

The weblink you are referring to is mainly based on LMIA conditions.
For LMIA exempt the link is www cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/exempt.asp

Post opener needs to know whether the job position qualifies as LMIA exempt, otherwise I don't see how the job offer can be considered as "valid offer" without LMIA.

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
CasioLottoMax said:
The weblink you are referring to is mainly based on LMIA conditions.
Ummm, no. The link I provided covers all the options for "valid job offers," including LMIA and LMIA-exempt. But yes, the link you provide is specific to the LMIA-exempt changes.

Post opener needs to know whether the job position qualifies as LMIA exempt, otherwise I don't see how the job offer can be considered as "valid offer" without LMIA.

Ummm, yep : ) I thought the OP had said they were on an ICT, but that was someone else speculating. Upon re-reading, we have no idea - the OP has not stated what type of work permit her husband has.

SO - ShilpiGhosh - we need to know what kind of work permit your husband has, before we can properly answer your question !!!