+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Points for Canadian Experience

preeti123

Star Member
Sep 26, 2019
Hi guys,

I have completed PG but was given as Diploma, have 2 years of experience in India and 1 year course in Canada. With this , when I checked CRS a month ago with 1 year Canadian Experience, it showed 488, however, today again when I calculated it is now showing 512 points. I don't know why this is happening. Has CIC increased points recently or just a glitch?

Has anyone else experienced the same? Please do share because I am not sure whether to apply for 2nd course or directly go for Work Permit.

Thank you

kunaldude

Star Member
Dec 17, 2015
Hi guys,

I have completed PG but was given as Diploma, have 2 years of experience in India and 1 year course in Canada. With this , when I checked CRS a month ago with 1 year Canadian Experience, it showed 488, however, today again when I calculated it is now showing 512 points. I don't know why this is happening. Has CIC increased points recently or just a glitch?

Has anyone else experienced the same? Please do share because I am not sure whether to apply for 2nd course or directly go for Work Permit.

Thank you
Hey are you assuming your 1 year of canadian experience and your ielts score?

kunaldude

Star Member
Dec 17, 2015
Hey,

Yes , i have already given ielts but i presums Canadian work experience.
You can directly go for your work permit if you think you will be able to score 488 or more than that in CRS. The only concern is you would only be getting 1 year of work permit and you have to quickly get a job and need to utilize it. And then you can later apply under CEC category and if needed you would also be eligible for Bridge open work permit if your application would be in ITA state.

With a second course option you will get 3 years of open work permit and it will be easier for you to search for a job as you will have ample time.

Both the options are right and now you have to decide on your own.

preeti123

Star Member
Sep 26, 2019
You can directly go for your work permit if you think you will be able to score 488 or more than that in CRS. The only concern is you would only be getting 1 year of work permit and you have to quickly get a job and need to utilize it. And then you can later apply under CEC category and if needed you would also be eligible for Bridge open work permit if your application would be in ITA state.

With a second course option you will get 3 years of open work permit and it will be easier for you to search for a job as you will have ample time.

Both the options are right and now you have to decide on your own.

Hey,

Thanks alot for your response. I already have a job offer but i am just worried if my CRS becomes 488 instead of 512 ,unlike how it shows now, i would be in serious trouble if i dont get ITA within time. If i apply now I can expect ITA in next november.

kunaldude

Star Member
Dec 17, 2015
Hey,

Thanks alot for your response. I already have a job offer but i am just worried if my CRS becomes 488 instead of 512 ,unlike how it shows now, i would be in serious trouble if i dont get ITA within time. If i apply now I can expect ITA in next november.
488 is good score so you dont have to be worried, but I will advise you to make sure that you calculated your score wisely.