+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Points Calculations Help Please

zabaloch

Star Member
Mar 15, 2010
1).Educational = Intermediate and 3 years bachelors degree (Evaluation done from IQAS) also a lot of work related certificates and one year english training
2). IELTS score Listening, Reading and Writing 6.0, 6.0, 6.0 and Speaking 6.5 bands
3). Experience = 2 years and 10 days (married and not working since 2 years)
4). Age = 27
5). No Arranged Employment in Canada (currently in USA)
6). Spouse has a bachelors Degree from USA and currently pursuing Masters (Expected completion Summer 2011)
7). No relatives in Canada, no job offer in Canada for any of us and no Canada work or education experience.

Please help us calculate the points

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

zabaloch said:
1).Educational = Intermediate and 3 years bachelors degree (Evaluation done from IQAS) also a lot of work related certificates and one year english training
2). IELTS score Listening, Reading and Writing 6.0, 6.0, 6.0 and Speaking 6.5 bands
4). Age = 27
5). No Arranged Employment in USA
6). Spouse has a bachelors Degree from USA and currently pursuing Masters (Expected completion Summer 2011)
7). No relatives in Canada, no job offer in Canada for any of us and now Canada work or education experience.

See: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/apply-factors.asp That is if you have at least one years experience in the list of "29" http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/apply-who-instructions.asp#list If you don't, it doesn't matter how many points you have.

MSMirza

Oct 14, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Request
.. waiting .. & .. waiting ..
Education = 20
IELTS = 10 (2+2+2+4)
Exp = 17
Age = 10
Spouse = 5 (after completion of Masters)

62 in total ...

zabaloch said:
Can anyone please help us here please.
Thanks in advance

zabaloch

Star Member
Mar 15, 2010
One question if you can help.
Why 20 points and why not 22 points for education?
I have a total of 16 years of education which I can prove through documentation.

Thanks for the help.

chima1980

Star Member
Oct 11, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October,27,2010
AOR Received.
PER received April 18th
IELTS Request
Included with app
Since u got only one degree at bachelor level,u will get 20 points form CIO.
Chima

Pippin

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2010
Showing my ignorance here, but does your reference to "INTERMEDIATE" and 3 years Bachelor degree mean hold two different degrees?

zabaloch

Star Member
Mar 15, 2010
Intermediate is the completion of twelve grades in Pakistan.
Ok, it seems if a person has a 3 years bachelors or a four years bachelors the person will still get only 20 points?
How can one achieve 22 points in education factor?

Pippin

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2010
You can earn another degree to increase your education points. Something else, of huge value, would be to study as much as you can and get your IELTS score up to at least 14 points and work another year in an A,B or O level job so you are ready to apply when your spouse has the Masters degree. Good Luck.

kkhan870

Nov 21, 2008
Hi it is interesting to note that Canadian points are too complicated
I have Bachelors degree in Agriculture and the Masters degree in Accounting which are totally different fields i mean I don't have a bachelor degree in Accounting I completed some extra credits and then completed masters in Accounting (U.S. system of education) now it is confusing whether I am eligible to get 25 points or 22 points it is a puzzle can somebody explain. Thank you

visaexpert

Apr 22, 2010
INDIA
Category........
Visa Office......
NEWDELHI
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kkhan870 said:
Hi it is interesting to note that Canadian points are too complicated
I have Bachelors degree in Agriculture and the Masters degree in Accounting which are totally different fields i mean I don't have a bachelor degree in Accounting I completed some extra credits and then completed masters in Accounting (U.S. system of education) now it is confusing whether I am eligible to get 25 points or 22 points it is a puzzle can somebody explain. Thank you

To claim 25 full points for Education Factor, There are 2 conditions,
1. You must have Master Degree or PHd and
2. You must have completed 17 years of Full time Education.

If you have completed Master Degree with less than 17 years of Education, then You will be awarded 22 Points.

I hope you have done both the degrees after 12th standard,
1. If Bachelor is 3 years and master is 2 years then 25 points
2. If Bachelor is 4 years and master is 2 years then 25 points
3. If Bachelor is 4 years and master is 1 years then 25 points
4. If Bachelor is 3 years and master is 1.5 years then 22 points
5. If Bachelor is 2 years and master is 2 years then 22 points

I hope, you got the answer.

visaexpert

Apr 22, 2010
INDIA
Category........
Visa Office......
NEWDELHI
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
zabaloch said:
4). Age = 27
5). No Arranged Employment in Canada (currently in USA)
7). No relatives in Canada, no job offer in Canada for any of us and no Canada work or education experience.

20 POINTS 1).Educational = Intermediate and 3 years bachelors degree (Evaluation done from IQAS) also a lot of work related certificates and one year english training

10 POINTS 2). IELTS score Listening, Reading and Writing 6.0, 6.0, 6.0 and Speaking 6.5 bands

17 POINTS 3). Experience = 2 years and 10 days (married and not working since 2 years)

10 POINTS 4). Age = 27

04 POINTS 6). Spouse has a bachelors Degree from USA and currently pursuing Masters (Expected completion Summer 2011)

TOTAL 61 POINTS

You may have following option to increase your points

1. Improve your IELTS score. You have got 10 out of 16 points. To get 16 points in IELTS, You should score 6.5 in Reading, Writing and Speaking and 7.5 in Listening Module.

2. You have shown 2 years and 10 months Experience and 2 years gap in Employment. You should claim 5 years work experience or at least you can adjust 2 month to complete 3 years work experience. Your age is 27 and you are not getting full work experience point, this is negative point.

3. If your spouse complete Master Degree, you will get 5 points for Adaptability.

kkhan870

Nov 21, 2008
Thank you a lot visaexpert for your detail answer but I am still little confused because of the different degrees in my College one is masters in Accounting with not a bachelors in Accounting and the bachelors is in Agriculture so I am little confused with 2 derees for 22 points

visaexpert

Apr 22, 2010
INDIA
Category........
Visa Office......
NEWDELHI
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kkhan870 said:
Thank you a lot visaexpert for your detail answer but I am still little confused because of the different degrees in my College one is masters in Accounting with not a bachelors in Accounting and the bachelors is in Agriculture so I am little confused with 2 derees for 22 points
There is no problem that you have degrees from different branches/ subjects. You are getting Points for Degrees i.e. bachelor and/or Master but not for Accountancy or Agriculture.

You have master degree and you should count total number of years. IF it is 17 or more then 25 points and If it is less than 17 i.e. 16.5 or 16 then 22 Points. Please do not be confuse about Accountancy or Agriculture, it is not the requirement of Embassy.