+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Point Of Entry Between Canada / U.S Border...

Mr. Mouse

Sep 30, 2008
Currently in Canada on holiday but found a job here and if my LMO comes through from my employer, I've been told I can "visit" the U.S for a day and get my work visa sorted when come back through Canada's border. Are there any risks or anything I should know about this method? I don't want to be refused entry back and then can't get my return flight home

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You should not be refused entry into Canada if you are visa-exempt or have a multiple entry visa. I don't know anybody personally who has done this for an initital work permit but I have heard about it. I know people who have done it when changing jobs with a new LMO and new permit and then it's not a problem. Let us know how it goes.

Mr. Mouse

Sep 30, 2008
Thanks Leon,

If I become an illegail immigrant from Canada and U.S and get deported I'll email here to say it's a bad idea :D

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Sounds good :D You can talk to Service Canada or call CIC before you go to verify that this is supposed to work. I have heard of people having done it, that's all I know but if you are not from a visa exempt country and you only have a single entry visa, you would have problems coming back.