kryt0n

VIP Member
Sep 30, 2014
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-03-2017
Passport Req..
11-07-2017
It took 20 days but I got an email response from CIC asking about whether CEC needs the minimum landing funds:

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: 25 April 2015 at 03:57
Subject: RE: In Canada Case Specific Enquiry - Express Entry

Dear Client,

The question pertaining to the amount of available funds is asked to everyone who completes an Express Entry profile. The system then assesses your eligibility in the three economic immigration programs (Federal Skilled Worker, Federal Skilled Trades, Canadian Experience Class). Meeting minimum funds required is one of the requirements of the Federal Skilled Worker Program and Federal Skilled Trades Program, not of the Canadian Experience Class, unless you have a valid job offer and you are currently working in Canada.

An LMIA earns a candidate 600 points, but it is not a prerequisite for a round of invitation. If you get invited to apply for permanent residence, you need to validate the information you provided in your Express Entry profile.

There have been rounds of invitations that included candidates without job offers. Please review the Express Entry requirements carefully: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/apply-who-express.asp

For information on next steps, refer to your letter and our web page: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/pool.asp (see section, “Try to improve your score”)

Citizenship and Immigration Canada I Citoyenneté et Immigration Canada
www.cic.gc.ca
Can someone please help me with this bit:
Meeting minimum funds required is one of the requirements of the Federal Skilled Worker Program and Federal Skilled Trades Program, not of the Canadian Experience Class, unless you have a valid job offer and you are currently working in Canada.
So I don't need to have min funds for CEC but I do if I am already in Canada with a job? That doesn't make any sense!

dobes

Champion Member
Nov 23, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kryt0n said:
It took 20 days but I got an email response from CIC asking about whether CEC needs the minimum landing funds:

Can someone please help me with this bit:
So I don't need to have min funds for CEC but I do if I am already in Canada with a job? That doesn't make any sense!
It says that 1) minimum funds are not a requirement of CEC; 2) minimum funds ARE a requirement of FSW and FST, UNLESS 3) someone invited under FSW or FST has an LMIA-supported job offer AND is already working in Canada.

By this letter, those who don't need PoF are: anyone invited under CEC, and FSW and FST invited applicants who 1) have an LMIA, and 2) are already working in Canada.

Those who DO need PoF are: Any FSW or FST applicant who is currently outside Canada, whether you have an LMIA-supported job offer or not, and any FSW or FST applicant in Canada who does not have an LMIA.

kryt0n

VIP Member
Sep 30, 2014
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-03-2017
Passport Req..
11-07-2017
Thank you. My A Level in English literature was apparently well earned.

kryt0n

VIP Member
Sep 30, 2014
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-03-2017
Passport Req..
11-07-2017
But to get selected for FSW you must have said you had the min funds in EE? I said it at first but then reduced it when I realised i'd have to borrow the extra few ££. Now I am only eligible for CEC.

Ibyt

Mar 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
What I understand from that letter for FSW means that if you have a valid job offer and can work in Canada , you dont need PoF

However, to qualify for FSW you would have included a certain amount which you need to show in your application.

So its not technically possible.

It can only be used when PR is granted and you need to validate entry with an immigration officer, they will not need to ask for PoF since you have a job.

dobes

Champion Member
Nov 23, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Ibyt said:
What I understand from that letter for FSW means that if you have a valid job offer and can work in Canada , you dont need PoF

However, to qualify for FSW you would have included a certain amount which you need to show in your application.

So its not technically possible.

It can only be used when PR is granted and you need to validate entry with an immigration officer, they will not need to ask for PoF since you have a job.
In CIC speak, "a valid job offer" means one supported by LMIA. And it doesn't say CAN work in Canada - it says "and you ARE working in Canada".