+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

POF for ITA under PNP

sraj07

May 26, 2015
Hi,

For a candidate under FSW , outside Canada . Post ITA , Do we need to show that we maintain required fund (say 18500 cad for family size 3) for last 6 months in bank account ?

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sraj07 said:
Hi,

For a candidate under FSW , outside Canada . Post ITA , Do we need to show that we maintain required fund (say 18500 cad for family size 3) for last 6 months in bank account ?
No harm in having it around for 6 months or even longer. But what CIC really wants to see is if you have unfettered access to those funds and that they are unencumbered.

Which means, if you sell your car 1 day before submitting the post ITA application and deposit 20000 CAD into your account entirely from those sale proceeds and explain (with evidence like sales receipt, ownership transfer documents etc) that these monies are yours and you haven't borrowed them, even that would suffice. If you realize, in this example the funds stayed in the account for just 1 day yet that would be enough. So it depends on where your funds are coming from.

Hope that clarifies. All the best!

sraj07

May 26, 2015
Thanks Asivad ,

I am applying with my family , (family size 3 including me ) . So I know I need to show pof 18500 cad .. I have this money now . But I donot have it constantly for last 6 months . I never put this amount in a separate account and left it untouched .

This money is there in my salary account and this 18500 is built over time by my salary . I donot have this money for past 6 months . Exactly this amount is there for past 4 months onwards .Every month I get salary in this account and from this account , I used to transfer 1000 usd to India. (Should I need to explain why I am sending 1000 $ usd every month to India . I have been doing this for past 3 years , My parents are in India , so I need to take care of them ) .

Also I have a home loan running , but that comes under that 1000$ which I transfer to India .My home loan is NOT deducted from my Salary account . My statement , just show that I am sending 1000 usd to India ..

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sraj07 said:
Thanks Asivad ,

I am applying with my family , (family size 3 including me ) . So I know I need to show pof 18500 cad .. I have this money now . But I donot have it constantly for last 6 months . I never put this amount in a separate account and left it untouched .

This money is there in my salary account and this 18500 is built over time by my salary . I donot have this money for past 6 months . Exactly this amount is there for past 4 months onwards .Every month I get salary in this account and from this account , I used to transfer 1000 usd to India. (Should I need to explain why I am sending 1000 $ usd every month to India . I have been doing this for past 3 years , My parents are in India , so I need to take care of them ) .

Also I have a home loan running , but that comes under that 1000$ which I transfer to India .My home loan is NOT deducted from my Salary account . My statement , just show that I am sending 1000 usd to India ..
If you haven't borrowed funds, there is nothing to be worried about on this front. Just upload a bank certificate/letter which has all the required details. You don't need to explain why you send money home - that is a part of your personal finances.

sraj07

May 26, 2015
Thanks Asivad,

All money in my account is earned . No cent is borrowed .

Wish me luck .. I will get ITA this draw.

se7en

Apr 20, 2011
Can anyone tell me what CIC means by the following:

If you are nominated under a province or territory’s Express Entry stream, you must:

meet their requirements, and
meet the minimum criteria for Express Entry
this includes meeting the requirements of at least one of the immigration programs it covers.

I am having hard time in understanding the bold and underlined statement above. Does it mean that CIC will re-evaluate the candidates against PNP internal checklist or what?

Phil89

Champion Member
Sep 11, 2014
se7en said:
Can anyone tell me what CIC means by the following:

If you are nominated under a province or territory's Express Entry stream, you must:

meet their requirements, and
meet the minimum criteria for Express Entry
this includes meeting the requirements of at least one of the immigration programs it covers.

I am having hard time in understanding the bold and underlined statement above. Does it mean that CIC will re-evaluate the candidates against PNP internal checklist or what?
Not sure... They may not do that again since the province has already done that.. but who knows...

se7en

Apr 20, 2011
Phil89 said:
Not sure... They may not do that again since the province has already done that.. but who knows...
Actually I want to run away from PoF but looks like there is no escape for me :(
I always say prepare for the worst and hope for the best.

jemdill

Oct 20, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
se7en said:
Actually I want to run away from PoF but looks like there is no escape for me :(
I always say prepare for the worst and hope for the best.
same with me.. But yes looks like we need to show that fund just to avoid any complications. Because we already showed that to ON to get the Nomination and proved we don't have to give it back. :mad: :-[

karen12

Jun 16, 2015
rhonny20 said:
Sorry , I did not get you. What you wanna know abt PNP?
Rhonny I meant do you now if you got ITA under PNP do you still need to show Funds??
Or anybody else knwo that please let me know!
THANKS!

rhonny20

Jul 12, 2012
karen12 said:
Rhonny I meant do you now if you got ITA under PNP do you still need to show Funds??
Or anybody else knwo that please let me know!
THANKS!
I just showed a letter from my Bank showing my current account balance as I am a PNP applicant meeting all the requirements of CEC (although I got ITA under PNP). So according to CIC website my file will be processed according to CEC requirements in which POF are NOT required.

jemdill

Oct 20, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
CmrImmigrant said:
I'm interested by this post.
Your reviews will be welcomed.

Guys, just to let you know.. I edited my Fund to 0 in my Profile and now I am eligible for CEC and PNP only..
I wont touch my money in my account but there are some other stuffs going ON with my credit card and Car Loan here.. So just dont want to take any risk as CIC is looking for any reason to reject the application...
Lets see what will happen... Fingers crossed...

Phil89

Champion Member
Sep 11, 2014
jemdill said:
Guys, just to let you know.. I edited my Fund to 0 in my Profile and now I am eligible for CEC and PNP only..
I wont touch my money in my account but there are some other stuffs going ON with my credit card and Car Loan here.. So just dont want to take any risk as CIC is looking for any reason to reject the application...
Lets see what will happen... Fingers crossed...
I would not do that if I were you..Because when you applied for PNP, you had to show funds and now you say that you don't have it...

se7en

Apr 20, 2011
Phil89 said:
I would not do that if I were you..Because when you applied for PNP, you had to show funds and now you say that you don't have it...
I agree with you Phil89.
CIC itself is not very clear about PoF for PNP under EE.
I was looking at the paper based checklist for PNP where they do not ask to provide PoF but EE has no clear instructions so therefore it wouldn't hurt to provide PoF. I did a lot of research and wanted to run away from this but seems difficult and risky.
Prepare for the worst and hope for the best.