UPFRONT 08-07-2014
Passport Req..
submitted with application
VISA ISSUED...
06/08/2014
LANDED..........
1-09-2014
hello people

I landed here n Toronto yesterday after a very tiring journey..
first advice would be NEVER take BRITISH AIRWAYS, this airline sucks big time..my flight was delayed from HYD due to which I missed my connecting flight from London to Toronto. I reached London at 4pm local time and to my luck they didn't give me a flight for the same day, I was given a flight next day and was provided with a hotel room.
so finally the next day I took my air Canada flight (given by BA)reached here at 6:00pm local time and once with custom was shown way to immigration s given my student permit, and SIN yes there is another counter over there which is giving you a SIN then and there without any charges(this was the only happy part)
then I went down for my baggage and to my vain my luggage was missing I just got one suitcase and remaining two were missing. Went to air Canada office and inquired and they said my luggage didn't come from London yet aaahhh after a two day long journey I end up not having my luggage nothing was worse than this.
so they said I would get my luggage within 2 days hopefully.

today I went to my college centennial and yes I found it good and the staff is nice too and helpful. I didn't attend classes as I had few things to resolve.

so these my experiences faced so far :)

sikanderv

Star Member
Jun 5, 2011
Hyderabad
Category........
Visa Office......
Hyderabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-07-2014
IELTS Request
8 overall (R9 L8.5 S7.5 W7)
File Transfer...
25-07-2014
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
19-06-2014
Passport Req..
With application
VISA ISSUED...
21-08-2014
LANDED..........
Yet to decide
momars09 said:
hello people

I landed here n Toronto yesterday after a very tiring journey..
first advice would be NEVER take BRITISH AIRWAYS, this airline sucks big time..my flight was delayed from HYD due to which I missed my connecting flight from London to Toronto. I reached London at 4pm local time and to my luck they didn't give me a flight for the same day, I was given a flight next day and was provided with a hotel room.
so finally the next day I took my air Canada flight (given by BA)reached here at 6:00pm local time and once with custom was shown way to immigration s given my student permit, and SIN yes there is another counter over there which is giving you a SIN then and there without any charges(this was the only happy part)
then I went down for my baggage and to my vain my luggage was missing I just got one suitcase and remaining two were missing. Went to air Canada office and inquired and they said my luggage didn't come from London yet aaahhh after a two day long journey I end up not having my luggage nothing was worse than this.
so they said I would get my luggage within 2 days hopefully.

today I went to my college centennial and yes I found it good and the staff is nice too and helpful. I didn't attend classes as I had few things to resolve.

so these my experiences faced so far :)
hi momars09

congrats on reaching Canada....and sorry to hear about your ordeal with BA...In fact, I was advised by another friend to avoid this airline....hope you will get your luggage soon......and thanks for the update on the SIN allottment at the airport itself....Good luck with your stay and studies!