+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

POE and date left Canada

Hanadi-Al

Dec 24, 2010
Dear All,

I was searching for some information to help me with an issue, and im very happy to find this forum.
Well, I am a PR and since 2007 and im now in the second month out of Canada for a family reason, will return after christmas vacation.
I wanted to ask about how to declare the date I left Canada in the custom card while it is not stamped in my passport, and also my home country they dont stamp our passport upon arrival.
My question now is how should I prove my absence at the point of entry if they question me? I dont have the ticket I used for leaving Canada since it was one way ticket. I dont know what to show them to prove that date?

any advice is highly appreciated.

-Hanadi

Hanadi-Al

Dec 24, 2010
Let me add something, I heard about many people who spent some extended period of time out of Canada, and they declare whatever date they want, more or less (mostly less) and the immigration officer has no way I MEAN no way to find out if its true or not! in this case I dont know know how to conivince the IO that Im giving the right date.. I dont want them to suspect and then put my self in risk specially that the time left in my PRC is less than two years.

???!! any experince out there??

Baloo

VIP Member
Nov 30, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You could show receipts from purchases made outside of Canada.

You could contact the airline you made the flight with, to get a copy of the transaction.