+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PNP through PEO payroll company

v-rachen

Mar 10, 2019
I've been trying to get a job offer, but its very difficult when you are outside Canada. I can get Canadian experience through PEO, but even after 2-3 years, it won't cross 460. Because my base score is 380-390 and experience adds on top of it.

Aside from other comments, Isn't 8.5 a good score for IELTS? Are you meaning CRS scores?

moscatojuices

Champion Member
Feb 21, 2022
I've been trying to get a job offer, but its very difficult when you are outside Canada. I can get Canadian experience through PEO, but even after 2-3 years, it won't cross 460. Because my base score is 380-390 and experience adds on top of it.

Aside from other comments, Isn't 8.5 a good score for IELTS? Are you meaning CRS scores?
Sorry yes it is, you clearly have good English - I was just getting it confused between CELPIP (I forget they translate differently).

I'm like you - my base was 300 something but only goes to 430 because of all 12s in CELPIP and 1-year Canadian work experience. Sadly the CEC invitations stopped exactly before I achieved one year work experience, so I went PNP. Fortunately for me, I have an IEC open work permit so I had 2 years to find a good job in Canada and got the PNP route and I luckily met a girl here so I have spousal as backup.

You might wish to try sending a few resumes and see how you go though, but if your U.S. residency is still possible and you have an established job and stuff it's a tough situation to be in. Good luck!

May 17, 2023
@v-rachen,
I'm in a similar situation, My employment is through a PEO and I also have the same question. Can I get a work permit supported by LMIA or PNP nomination with a PEO?
What happened in your case ?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
@v-rachen,
I'm in a similar situation, My employment is through a PEO and I also have the same question. Can I get a work permit supported by LMIA or PNP nomination with a PEO?
What happened in your case ?
The PEO has to post your job in Canada, and prove no one can do the job in Canada for a LMIA. The PEO needs to be eligible for a PNP program. Given it is not your employer, I doubt it.