Mar 6, 2015
Hi everyone,

This is my timeline:

Oct 12, 2021 - Job Offer
Jan 19, 2022 - JAL
Jan 20, 2022 - SINP application
Feb 8, 2022 - SINP nomination approval
Feb 17, 2022 - PR application (Online trough PR Portal under PNP) - In process
Feb 23, 2022 - Online Work Permit application trough IRCC account (T-13 LMIA exempt) - In process
Mar 8, 2022 - Biometrics completed

Is anyone in the same boat?

I was not asked for medical exam yet and not sure how long I should expect for the final decision on the WP and be allowed to move.

moscatojuices

Champion Member
Feb 21, 2022
Yep, I'm literally three weeks behind you. As I'm an open work permit expiring in October, I submitted my new closed work permit application with the SINP Work Permit Support Letter about a week ago.

When you say "In process", is that the term used under the "Status" column of your online PNP application? Does it say "In process" or "Submitted"?

thimayer

Mar 6, 2015
The first page says "Submitted"...

When I hit on my application, it show the following message:

"We are processing your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you."
Latest update:
Biometrics - March 8, 2022: Completed.

moscatojuices

Champion Member
Feb 21, 2022
The first page says "Submitted"...

When I hit on my application, it show the following message:

"We are processing your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you."
Latest update:
Biometrics - March 8, 2022: Completed.
Which application are you referring to? 1) Your PNP application via the PR Portal, or 2) Your Temporary Work Permit application via GCKey?

I believe I don't need Biometrics for either application as I did them for my IEC visa, and as such that is valid for both these streams.

thimayer

Mar 6, 2015
Which application are you referring to? 1) Your PNP application via the PR Portal, or 2) Your Temporary Work Permit application via GCKey?

I believe I don't need Biometrics for either application as I did them for my IEC visa, and as such that is valid for both these streams.
The WP application.

thimayer

Mar 6, 2015
Thank you, moscatojuices.

Is the PR Portal (link below) only for inland people? I am applying from Brazil, and I am unsure if I am doing it right.

https://prson-srpel.apps.cic.gc.ca/en/login

After receiving the SINP nomination, I have just created the online account there, submitted documents, and paid the fees. After applying, I received the following email on Feb 17, 2022:

"Hello,
This email confirms that you have successfully submitted your permanent residence application.
We’ll review your application to make sure you:

• provided all of the information we asked for
  • uploaded all required documents correctly
  • paid the fees
We’ll send you a confirmation email (an acknowledgement of receipt or AOR) once an agent has confirmed your application is complete.
Please note that we’ll return your application to you if it is incomplete.
It can take some time before you receive the AOR.
Check your email regularly to see if you’ve received it. To avoid missing our emails, check your junk or spam folder.
Thank you,
Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada"

moscatojuices

Champion Member
Feb 21, 2022
Thank you, moscatojuices.

Is the PR Portal (link below) only for inland people? I am applying from Brazil, and I am unsure if I am doing it right.

https://prson-srpel.apps.cic.gc.ca/en/login

After receiving the SINP nomination, I have just created the online account there, submitted documents, and paid the fees. After applying, I received the following email on Feb 17, 2022:

"Hello,
This email confirms that you have successfully submitted your permanent residence application.
We’ll review your application to make sure you:

• provided all of the information we asked for
  • uploaded all required documents correctly
  • paid the fees
We’ll send you a confirmation email (an acknowledgement of receipt or AOR) once an agent has confirmed your application is complete.
Please note that we’ll return your application to you if it is incomplete.
It can take some time before you receive the AOR.
Check your email regularly to see if you’ve received it. To avoid missing our emails, check your junk or spam folder.
Thank you,
Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada"
Yep that's exactly what I got. The link is for anyone eligible for non-Express Entry PNP.

Now, the most important thing you can do is:
  • Wait patiently for the AOR and everything after (expect anywhere between 11-15 months)
  • Don't get fired from your job
  • Don't commit a crime serious enough to make you inadmissible to Canada

Last edited:
Reactions: thimayer

thimayer

Mar 6, 2015

moscatojuices

Champion Member
Feb 21, 2022
Does anyone know if I am eligible to apply for the WP at the airport once I have a valid eTA, Job Offer, Offer of Employment number, and fell on the IMP? I am outland waiting for the WP.

It is frustrating that I have a Job Offer and can not start working. It should take a 2-week processing time, but I still have no updates on my WP application.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/work-canada/permit/temporary/apply/poe.html
I mean, the website quite clearly says you can...

And where are you getting a 2-week processing time from?

thimayer

Mar 6, 2015
I mean 2-week processing time because I fell on the International Mobility Program.

In this case, need I to do the upfront medical exam? How about Biometrics, it is collected at the airport? I couldn’t find much information about it.

thimayer

Mar 6, 2015
For those who are in the same situation, I have been researching it, and below is the sum up.

The online process I have opened does not interfere with the POE application. I need to gather all the documents (especially regarding my provincial nomination and work permit support letter), issue an eTA (which I already have), and apply for a work permit at the first Canadian airport. The same applies to my spouse’s OWP application. It is essential to have in hand the translated marriage certificate.

I will wait a few more weeks for an update on my online application. If nothing happens, I will book a flight and go. I will update here after next steps.

Although I already gave biometrics, I don't need to do it before travel. I am going to have the upfront medical exam next week and try to update it on my online application. If I decide to apply at the POE, I will take this medical exam.

progaucon

Apr 25, 2022
  1. We received your application for permanent residence on November 25, 2019.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on February 3, 2020.
  3. We started processing your application on February 3, 2020.
any one same boat with me ? been wait 30 months

Stoney123

Sep 24, 2022
Hello,

I just submitted PR and work permit application this week. Same stream- SINP_Employment Offer. Join the team and waiting.

ShaheenH

Sep 30, 2022
Visa Office......
Etobicoke
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Need expert eadvice
I have applied SINP PNP with job offer in Dec-2020 from outside Canada, Current status is Medical passed in aug2022 recvd PAL aswell. I received adr to provide employment letter from Canadian employer. I contacted with him and came to know that he closed his business few months back due to covid situation.
Pls advice on below,
-I HAVE TO SEARCH FOR NEW JOB OFFER FROM NEW EMPLOYER.
-WHAT WILL BE THE IMPACT ON MY PR PROCESS?
-WILL IRCC GIVE MORE TIME TO SUBMIT ADR FEOM NEW ENPLOYER?