+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PNP processing times & extended visa

sancho

Nov 25, 2014
Hi guys. New on the board, though I have been browsing for a few months.
My question may have already been answered here somewhere, but I'm yet to find it.
So, i handed in my BC PNP on the 10th October, got my email of receipt on the 6th November. Website says 8-9 months processing, guy at the front desk said 8-9 months, which is sad cos it was shorter just maybe 2 weeks before.
My main worry and concern right now, is that it won't be processed in time. My visa expires May 23rd, 6 months. I'm on an IEC, and from the UK, so we only get 2. I'm aware that once nominated, and you have an application with CIC, you can apply for a bridging visa, now I think this is not possible with just the provincial application. I would just like to be advised on my options.
I can't apply for another IEC. My workplace is unionised, so they wouldn't apply for an LMO, or hold my job for 2 months whilst I go on visitor status. I've been working there for over a year. And I've been with my (canadian) girlfriend for over 10 months, however we havn't been living together, so I believe common-law is out.

So really, any advice on options would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.