+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PNP PR - September - October 2017 Applicants>>>Lets Connect here

dreamerx10

Jul 22, 2015
Just got ghost update. MyGK key updated to "Application Updated" and back to "Submitted" after I clicked on it. However, ECAS doesn't change

Timeline
AR Oct 16
AOR Dec 11
MR Apr 11
MP May 10
Ghost update Mar 27

BCPNP inland, 1 dependent
O congratulations! U even have a dependent! That explains a little delayed process ! Best of luck!

Last edited:

Thronion Alb

Star Member
Jan 7, 2018
Hello Everyone, I have been following this forum, it seems like never ending wait for PR. People sharing their experience on this forum really helps to ease stress in difficult times, especially when CIC doesn't give clear answers & the long wait to call them.

Please give advise if anyone has been through similar situation. SK inland nominee with Employer restriction WP. Spouse is dependent on PNP application. Previous medical still valid but received medical request again. Spouse WP about to expire and is currently looking new job. Called CIC but did not get satisfactory answers.

2017 Oct 16 - Recieved
2017 Dec 07 - AOR
2018 Apr 11- Medical request
2018 Apr 21- Medical Pass
2018 May 15 - Invitation letter
2019 Mar 21 - Medical Requested Once again

Need Advise: Spouse on PGWP expiring April 2019. Form IMM5710 has these option to choose. Q3: 1. Apply for work permit with same employer 2. Apply for work permit first time/ or with New employer. Which option to tick? Since spouse is looking new job, this is confusing.

Need Advise 2: In Form IMM 5710 under "Details of Intended work" Q8: Have you been issued a certificate under the provincial nominee program?
Since Spouse is dependent in the PNP certificate Does Spouse mention YES or NO ? Technically spouse is part of this application BUT certificate is under my name.

Need Advise 3: Supporting document to submit? Apart from my own current WP and AOR.
1. If she is open wp will choose ...nee employer" .
2. Intended occupation writr N/A
3. MOST IMPORTANT : YOU SHOULD APPLY FOR EXTENTION OF NOMINATION. Its easy. U have the form online ( extend your nomination ). Need 2-3 days. Fill the form, send it by email at sask imm. U have the email contact on the website.
Reason for extention : work permit expires.

MrBlackandWhite

Star Member
Dec 21, 2016
Winnipeg
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
16-03-2017
I received my PPR email last night,share my timeline with you:
SINP OID
2017 Oct 19 AR
2017 Dec 19 FN
2018 Aug 9 ME
2018 Aug 30 MEP
2019 Mar 23 DM
2019 Mar 25 PPR
Thanks for all enduring and efforts we have done and really sincerely appreciate this forum providing update information of our cases.
Good luck for all friends here pursing immigration dreams making your future and life much more brighter and prosperous.
Good luck for all of us in the future........
Wow congrats , glad to hear you got it.

Next step now: how long is it to get the COPR and visa after passport is sent? Just curious

MrBlackandWhite

Star Member
Dec 21, 2016
Winnipeg
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
16-03-2017
1. If she is open wp will choose ...nee employer" .
2. Intended occupation writr N/A
3. MOST IMPORTANT : YOU SHOULD APPLY FOR EXTENTION OF NOMINATION. Its easy. U have the form online ( extend your nomination ). Need 2-3 days. Fill the form, send it by email at sask imm. U have the email contact on the website.
Reason for extention : work permit expires.
Just to add to this, since spouse is on a PGWP, spouse can apply/is eligible for (BOWP), should choose new employer and should include an explanation letter quoting the file number for permanent residence and explain current situation. I think it takes about 2 month for BOWP. In this case, spouse may continue looking for employment or continue working as applying before expiration of previous immigration document automatically puts you in an “implied status” which technically means you can continue doing what you were doing on your previous immigration limit until a final decision is made on the new application. Hopefully before a final decision is made on BOWP, your ready for visa email should have arrived.

NOTE: wait for like a week before expiry of current document to stretch the BOWP processing time. For instance : if it expires April 27 2019, apply on April 22 2019. This is from experience and it definitely worked. (Just my 2cents, not an immigration lawyer!!)

Hope this helps!

vd5724

Star Member
Sep 19, 2017
Just to add to this, since spouse is on a PGWP, spouse can apply/is eligible for (BOWP), should choose new employer and should include an explanation letter quoting the file number for permanent residence and explain current situation. I think it takes about 2 month for BOWP. In this case, spouse may continue looking for employment or continue working as applying before expiration of previous immigration document automatically puts you in an “implied status” which technically means you can continue doing what you were doing on your previous immigration limit until a final decision is made on the new application. Hopefully before a final decision is made on BOWP, your ready for visa email should have arrived.

NOTE: wait for like a week before expiry of current document to stretch the BOWP processing time. For instance : if it expires April 27 2019, apply on April 22 2019. This is from experience and it definitely worked. (Just my 2cents, not an immigration lawyer!!)

Hope this helps!
it took me over 96 days to get my permit, 'should choose new/Same employer and should include an explanation letter quoting the file number for permanent residence and explain current situation'. YES