+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PNP PR PAPER-BASED - April May June July 2019 Applicant —— Let’s share timeline and contact here!!!

joekao222

Star Member
Oct 9, 2020
My work permit expired on Nov 16 and my PR application is still on DM, I applied for a work permit just to cover myself. My application got canceled and I got a refund.
So what do you do? I assume you're not allowed to work and you can't even receive EI or other benefits because your SIN number is also expired.

Reactions: Sandy992

Sandy992

Jun 4, 2019
Hi Sandy, please do let me know how the work permit extension goes. I saw another peer of ours on the form saying that his extension was canceled soon after he applied, and he was refunded the application fees. He asked his immigration lawyer and they said it is because he already has DM in the system.
Yes for sure I will post any update I receive.

Sandy992

Jun 4, 2019
My work permit expired on Nov 16 and my PR application is still on DM, I applied for a work permit just to cover myself. My application got canceled and I got a refund.
Hi
Thanks for response Shivam
Did you call CIC to know what should be done under this situation?

shivam41

Star Member
Feb 4, 2015
Hi
Thanks for response Shivam
Did you call CIC to know what should be done under this situation?
I was waiting for their email for a reason to cancel my application as they only said "Your application was cancelled. We will send you a message with details. " I will call CIC or apply for webform.

shivam41

Star Member
Feb 4, 2015
So what do you do? I assume you're not allowed to work and you can't even receive EI or other benefits because your SIN number is also expired.
I am still working as CIC not sent me a reason to cancel my work permit application. I will check with my lawyer if I can work or not? BTW do you know any case where a person has to stop working in this case?

Pray4PR247

Aug 2, 2017
I am still working as CIC not sent me a reason to cancel my work permit application. I will check with my lawyer if I can work or not? BTW do you know any case where a person has to stop working in this case?
Its automatic that once you have DM your work permit will be canceled. No need to stop working. You are all good

Reactions: MauroInCanada

shivam41

Star Member
Feb 4, 2015
hi Folks, I realized that by using this link https://services3.cic.gc.ca/ecas/security.do?lang=en we can see more details about our PNP paper application and my status using this link is "Decision Made" but nothing changed on IRCC portal. It is still in progress. How long time did you folks got an email or call from IRCC after a Decision Made?

I got Passed on Medical last Dec 19th.
My Medical passed on Nov 12 and got DM on 16th Nov and still waiting for CoPR

Khush Brar123

Star Member
Dec 7, 2020
Hi
I am in same situation I have DM on my application Dec 2, 2020, and work permit expires January 10,2021 was hoping will get the COPR by now, but I am applying for work permit extension this week.
We don’t need to worry about expiring work permit because IRCC extended a date for us to renew our workpermits

Public policy extended for temporary residents applying to restore status
Ottawa, December 31, 2020—Effective January 1, 2021, Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada is renewing a temporary public policy that provides more time for temporary residents to apply to restore their legal status in Canada.

This public policy, which has been in place since July 2020 but was set to expire, recognizes that many temporary residents in Canada have been affected by worldwide health- and travel-related restrictions, and may need to remain in Canada for longer than they anticipated.

Under the public policy, visitors, students and workers whose valid temporary status expired, or expires, between January 30, 2020, and May 31, 2021, will have until August 31, 2021, to restore their status. In addition, the public policy will continue to allow former work permit holders applying for an employer-specific work permit to work while a decision on their restoration application is pending..

Report a problem or mistake on this page