+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PNP PR PAPER-BASED - April May June July 2019 Applicant —— Let’s share timeline and contact here!!!

Nav3077

Star Member
Sep 9, 2019
Yes that what mine say

Congrats then you will get your COPR soon, and then the GC key will be updated. Till then it will say in the process because only ECAS get updated daily not GC key.... All the best I am waiting for COPR as well. Let's hope we will get it soon.

Pray4PR247

Aug 2, 2017
Congrats then you will get your COPR soon, and then the GC key will be updated. Till then it will say in the process because only ECAS get updated daily not GC key.... All the best I am waiting for COPR as well. Let's hope we will get it soon.
THANK YOU! Congrats to you too!..its been a long and winding road..we just have to be thankful that we are at this stage...i think they have hit the pause button on copr...but it could be that they are transitioning to the virtual landing system ... it was in testing for some- time and you had an option of doing the call n paper photo method. Now i think they are going to move fully to the online method...just my opinion...

Reactions: manku_patel

Khush Brar123

Star Member
Dec 7, 2020
Hello dear, I have question . Do we get copr first and then later we get update on gc key?

Nav3077

Star Member
Sep 9, 2019
Hello dear, I have question . Do we get copr first and then later we get update on gc key?

Yes, We will get COPR and at the same time they will update the Gc key till then it will say in the process. I am also waiting for COPR after DM. My lvo is calgary.

Nav3077

Star Member
Sep 9, 2019
I submitted my application on
September 6 2019
And additional document rcmp...they requested in feb
Upfront medical submitted - october 19 2020
Medical passed - November 26 2020
DM - 1 Dec
No update tell now
But I called them today just to ask that status - decision made is not showing on gc account but it’s showing when we go through online services..website. Then she said what ever you see on online services website ..that is the most recent information. Then she said as you now know that decision has been made ..I want to tell you that your application is approved. She said now you just need to wait for your copr. Because of covid situation it might be delayed. Just wanted to share because I am less worried now. And it might help someone and provide piece of mind.

As you have mentioned that the agent told you that your application is approved. When I called them yesterday. He told me that the GC key is in process and he cannot let me know about the decision because it is only the officer who will update about the decision by writing a letter means by COPR as it got approved. I am thinking now that this call center agent does not have the correct knowledge. They didn't know anything about our file. Neither they know the processing on our file. They can only tell whatever is on our online GC key. They don't have access to anything else. Because yesterday the guy told me that you have to wait until the officer will give any update. he cannot tell what processing is going on or what is the decision on your file.

Now I am thinking it is a wastage of time to call them. She might told you that your file is approved because in all the cases after DM in paper-based pnp it is the approvals.

Khush Brar123

Star Member
Dec 7, 2020
Yes, We will get COPR and at the same time they will update the Gc key till then it will say in the process. I am also waiting for COPR after DM. My lvo is calgary.
I am fromGTA
My time line is
Submitted file by -September 6 2019
Additional document request- feb 2020
Upfront medical - 19 october
Medical passed - 26 November
DM- 1 dec
Gcms requested - 10 dec
Let’s see when will we receive copr
Just additional info ...someone got his pr last year... what I have heard is that before we get out copr ... we get an update on status which will be approved...and then we get our copr with in 7 to 8 daysafter that status change. I don’t know about now ...but last year it was like this.

Nav3077

Star Member
Sep 9, 2019
I am fromGTA
My time line is
Submitted file by -September 6 2019
Additional document request- feb 2020
Upfront medical - 19 october
Medical passed - 26 November
DM- 1 dec
Gcms requested - 10 dec
Let’s see when will we receive copr
Just additional info ...someone got his pr last year... what I have heard is that before we get out copr ... we get an update on status which will be approved...and then we get our copr with in 7 to 8 daysafter that status change. I don’t know about now ...but last year it was like this.

Honestly, nobody knows how the officers work. It depends on them. In some cases, I have noticed that after DM they will receive the COPR with a week or so no changes in GC key till then. In some cases, some people are waiting for COPR or an update for more than a month. In some cases, people got a landing call and after two hours they got an update in GC key with COPR and approvals.

I think it depends on the officer to officer how they work. No body can help us. In my case, since my LVO is Calgary. I have checked the cases in this forum those were from Calgary too they got their COPR after DM in 3 days a, week and only one person was there who got COPR in 10 days. But in my case, I am waiting since last week. I don't know when DM was made on my file but I checked it last Friday, Dec, 11 and DM were made. So for me, it's a week now and I have no update yet on the GC key. It says in the process but from Friday I am checking every day, it says DM in ECAS.

I am eagerly waiting for COPR but no body can help in this except the officer can do a little hurry in issuing COPR atleast.

Khush Brar123

Star Member
Dec 7, 2020
As you have mentioned that the agent told you that your application is approved. When I called them yesterday. He told me that the GC key is in process and he cannot let me know about the decision because it is only the officer who will update about the decision by writing a letter means by COPR as it got approved. I am thinking now that this call center agent does not have the correct knowledge. They didn't know anything about our file. Neither they know the processing on our file. They can only tell whatever is on our online GC key. They don't have access to anything else. Because yesterday the guy told me that you have to wait until the officer will give any update. he cannot tell what processing is going on or what is the decision on your file.

Now I am thinking it is a wastage of time to call them. She might told you that your file is approved because in all the cases after DM in paper-based pnp it is the approvals.
I don’t deeply knows that but what i think it depends-on the agent. And she mentioned that as I know that decision has been made... so I am telling you. Otherwise we donot usually allowed to share it ....she said your application is approved but anything can happen. According to me they cannot assure us about the status of the file .... but some of them they do share limited information another thing she suggested me to request gcms notes so that i can see if they have issued the copr or not.
In your case they didn’t told you anything deep ... which is nit been declared yet... and they did exactly what they are required to do*

Khush Brar123

Star Member
Dec 7, 2020
Honestly, nobody knows how the officers work. It depends on them. In some cases, I have noticed that after DM they will receive the COPR with a week or so no changes in GC key till then. In some cases, some people are waiting for COPR or an update for more than a month. In some cases, people got a landing call and after two hours they got an update in GC key with COPR and approvals.

I think it depends on the officer to officer how they work. No body can help us. In my case, since my LVO is Calgary. I have checked the cases in this forum those were from Calgary too they got their COPR after DM in 3 days a, week and only one person was there who got COPR in 10 days. But in my case, I am waiting since last week. I don't know when DM was made on my file but I checked it last Friday, Dec, 11 and DM were made. So for me, it's a week now and I have no update yet on the GC key. It says in the process but from Friday I am checking every day, it says DM in ECAS.

I am eagerly waiting for COPR but no body can help in this except the officer can do a little hurry in issuing COPR atleast.
Thank you for this info. Very helpful.