+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PNP PR PAPER-BASED - April May June July 2019 Applicant —— Let’s share timeline and contact here!!!

claudiah

Star Member
Jul 30, 2015
Hi,
I recently nominated from SINP under OID category and I need to send the complete paper based application to the Centralized Intake Office. One of the document required is the birth certificate.
I don't have a birth certificate. Can I send the secondary school leaving certificate instead of birth certificate? What is the other option if I don't have birth certificate?If anyone experienced similar situation kindly tell me how to handle this?
No. Get your birth certificate from your consul if you are in Canada. It took 2 weeks for me. They will get it from your home country.

Yongwoo Kim

Dec 18, 2018
Hi,
I recently nominated from SINP under OID category and I need to send the complete paper based application to the Centralized Intake Office. One of the document required is the birth certificate.
I don't have a birth certificate. Can I send the secondary school leaving certificate instead of birth certificate? What is the other option if I don't have birth certificate?If anyone experienced similar situation kindly tell me how to handle this?
Hi, I was the same situation when I applied. Some countries don’t have birth certificate. You can apply for PR with Identification certificate and Family relationship certificate instead of the birth certificate. CIC will agree of that. If your country has the birth certificate, I recommend you going to the embassy in Canada or get it from your country. I hope you are helpful from my answer.

Good luck for your work and stay safe!!

Last edited:

dday2019

Star Member
Jun 13, 2019
Anybody know if the Paper based applications are still being processed due to Covid-19 or it is paused. The process was already slow and its gonna be worse I guess. I know Express Entry are still going as my friends got their invitations recently.

Amm2020

Apr 18, 2020
Yes they still processing but delayed or slow process. I think they busy with before march 18th approved application. EE did had ITA but process will be delayed more than what estimated. For paper based yes it will be further delayed but who knows process might be faster by end of year or so just keep an eye on when they reopen country.

pistachios2015

Mar 13, 2020
Anybody know if the Paper based applications are still being processed due to Covid-19 or it is paused. The process was already slow and its gonna be worse I guess. I know Express Entry are still going as my friends got their invitations recently.

nobody gets PPR after 16th of March, I'm afraid that they have paused.

assen89

Jun 30, 2017
nobody gets PPR after 16th of March, I'm afraid that they have paused.
Wrong, they are doing phone interviews and mailing your COPR to your address and having you initial and sign it and mail it back to them with your passport. They then mail it back with the necessary documents and send your PR Card a few weeks later.

Read the thread below, they are doing phone interviews as of April, since the land border is closed and you are unable to book an appointment to land at one of their offices.

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/ircc-winnipeg-pnp-paper-based-lets-connect-here.664600/page-19

Last edited:

pistachios2015

Mar 13, 2020
Wrong, they are doing phone interviews and mailing your COPR to your address and having you initial and sign it and mail it back to them with your passport. They then mail it back with the necessary documents and send your PR Card a few weeks later.

Read the thread below, they are doing phone interviews as of April, since the land border is closed and you are unable to book an appointment to land at one of their offices.

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/ircc-winnipeg-pnp-paper-based-lets-connect-here.664600/page-19
I don't care about the landing, I only care about if anybody gets PPR after 16th of March.

assen89

Jun 30, 2017
I don't care about the landing, I only care about if anybody gets PPR after 16th of March.
Did you read the link? "CARMSZ" got PPR in April and has completed landing and currently waiting for PR card.

"

March 11 2020 received PRE ARRIVAL LETTER
April 7 2020 - received an email from IRCC officer for a phone interview
April 9, 2020 - phone interview at 2pm (10 mins of talk) - confirmation of permanent resident mailed to us (since visa office are closed due to covid crisis)
April 14 - received COPR by expressmail (friday and monday are both holidays) just needed to sign and initial and send back to visa office with passport and picture
April 16 - finally, PERMANENT RESIDENT STATUS - and received all necessary documents. Officer sent me an email to wait for the PR Card in the next few weeks. "

If you PPR date is close, make sure you check your email frequently and pickup any incoming call.

Landing appointments will be held by telephone, if possible

We cancelled all in-person permanent resident landing appointments until further notice. All landing appointments will be done by telephone whenever possible. Otherwise, we’ll reschedule them for later.

We’ll contact you by email to let you know when your phone appointment will be. Use the Web form if you need to update your contact information.
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/immigration-applicants.html

Last edited:

VimalSagar

Star Member
Apr 19, 2020
Hi Folks,

Vimal here and I here to share my timeline for Paper-Based PR Application nominated by Ontario PNP -Masters Graduate Stream.

AR - 20th June 2019
AOR - 23rd July 2019
Pri-arrival Letter - 18th December 2019

GCKEY - 55% process bar completed.

Since then there is no Update into GCKEY as well as Status in ECAS is "In Process". I think so they are processing my BG Check as in GCKey it says: " We are Processing you background check...."

I am waiting for the Medical request.

I have never call IRCC or contacted them through Web form, I have heard that if you contact them before your deadline of processing time, might be there could be processing delay .....

I hope somebody give clear explanation about this.....???

Reactions: PALASHPAL

Le_flic

Mar 4, 2020
Guys , any news . Is CIC still working on application , waiting for medical aor July 19 and news .
Any updates please

Akhil27

Jul 30, 2019
Hi Folks,

Vimal here and I here to share my timeline for Paper-Based PR Application nominated by Ontario PNP -Masters Graduate Stream.

AR - 20th June 2019
AOR - 23rd July 2019
Pri-arrival Letter - 18th December 2019

GCKEY - 55% process bar completed.

Since then there is no Update into GCKEY as well as Status in ECAS is "In Process". I think so they are processing my BG Check as in GCKey it says: " We are Processing you background check...."

I am waiting for the Medical request.

I have never call IRCC or contacted them through Web form, I have heard that if you contact them before your deadline of processing time, might be there could be processing delay .....

I hope somebody give clear explanation about this.....???
I am August 2nd Aor.Can you tell me that you pass the eligibility?

Akhil27

Jul 30, 2019
hey Akhil27, I dont know how to check ?
I have recevied PAL, that means Eligibility passed right ?

what about you...?

let know please in details..! Thank you ..!
Thank you Vimal..will message you as soon as I will hear anything..me too waiting for medical request..