+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PNP PR November 2014 Applicants

Bincanada

May 19, 2015
prasprime said:
Great and Rare American you are :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:.
Not that rare, its just that it is every bit as difficult to come to Canada from the US as it is from any other country. In many ways its more complicated, because there's no holiday visa program like with the UK or Australia, etc. for temp stays.

Lots of US citizens would rather live north of the border, just that few would put the effort I've put into it. LOL

Just try going to the doctor in the US, getting a $15,000 bill, and it hitting your credit report and your cards getting cancelled and not being able to get new loans for mortgages or a car. Medical debt is the #1 reason for bankruptcy filing in the USA, still in 2016 even after health reform passed. Life in the US isn't that peachy, and remember if you aren't in California or NY the minimum wage in many states is $7.75/hr.

Standards are higher in Canada, pay for the middle and lower income brackets is generally higher than the vast majority of US states, I think life in Canada is better. I don't want my neighbors living in dire poverty and I respect the fact Canada has things the US doesn't have, like a civilised health system. :)

All of us should be so lucky to be going to Canada, it is one of the most peaceful, most advanced places to live on Earth.

prasprime

Dec 16, 2013
India
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Again Great and Rare American you are :) :eek: :eek: :eek:

Such a great Attitude, I had few experience with Americans you are defiantly great. Thanks for your wishes. Congratulations.

Bincanada said:
Not that rare, its just that it is every bit as difficult to come to Canada from the US as it is from any other country. In many ways its more complicated, because there's no holiday visa program like with the UK or Australia, etc. for temp stays.

Lots of US citizens would rather live north of the border, just that few would put the effort I've put into it. LOL

Just try going to the doctor in the US, getting a $15,000 bill, and it hitting your credit report and your cards getting cancelled and not being able to get new loans for mortgages or a car. Medical debt is the #1 reason for bankruptcy filing in the USA, still in 2016 even after health reform passed. Life in the US isn't that peachy, and remember if you aren't in California or NY the minimum wage in many states is $7.75/hr.

Standards are higher in Canada, pay for the middle and lower income brackets is generally higher than the vast majority of US states, I think life in Canada is better. I don't want my neighbors living in dire poverty and I respect the fact Canada has things the US doesn't have, like a civilised health system. :)

All of us should be so lucky to be going to Canada, it is one of the most peaceful, most advanced places to live on Earth.

tenkrun10

Jul 31, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-03-2014
Doc's Request.
06-08-2014
Nomination.....
19-08-2014
AOR Received.
19-3-2015
IELTS Request
Submitted with Initial Application
File Transfer...
Waiting
Med's Request
24-03-2015
Med's Done....
31-03-2015
Interview........
RPRF, PCC, Schedule A Requests on. 02-07-2015.
Passport Req..
21-10-2015
VISA ISSUED...
28-10-2015.
LANDED..........
13-01-2016
Bincanada said:

Bicanada, I respect your opinion and you make some salient points but respectfully disagree. I think Canada's health care has some pros and cons, so those the US healthcare system. The major con of the US system is cost, pro is quality and accessibility (sometimes at a cost that results in bankruptcies). In Canada, like in the UK, you may not have easy access to see a speciality for an ailment that isn't basic. The time lost in waiting in line can mean life or death and deterioration in health. Canada though is better for basic access and coverage. Some will argue One another note, big congrats to you on completing this process. Quick question...are you US resident / Citizen or US resident and a citizen of a visa-exempt country other than the US ?

Heavensgrant

Nov 30, 2013
Michelle888 said:
Congrats to all who got PPR recently! :)
Did anyone do Landing in Alberta? If so, where & how was it?
Thanks!
Big congratulations Michelle!! Your wait is almost over. By the way do you have dependants with your applications, children/spouse?

Thanks again! and Best of luck to your new chapter as PR. :)

Nov Applicant

Oct 4, 2015
06 NOV.2014 APPLICANT
DM: 26-AUG-2015
PPR- 21-DEC-2015
PASSPORT MAILED- 04-JAN-2016
GOT PASSPORT BACK ON 16-JAN-2016, LANDED ON 16-JAN-2016!!!!!!!! :) :) :) :) :) :)

I just got any EMAIL" Your application V#######has been updated. Please sign in to your MyCIC account and check your application status and messages for more information"
I forgot muy password and user ID of GC Key Login!!
Is this mail regarding PR Card /PR Card Application # OR How to see the status of PR Card.

Michelle888

Oct 24, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-12-2014
Doc's Request.
24-08-2015 IP status on 26-08-2015
AOR Received.
15-04-2015
Med's Request
01-05-2015
Med's Done....
22-05-2015 Medicals Received on 12-06-2015 RPRF paid on 22-07-2015
Passport Req..
08-01-2016
Heavensgrant said:
Big congratulations Michelle!! Your wait is almost over. By the way do you have dependants with your applications, children/spouse?

Thanks again! and Best of luck to your new chapter as PR. :)
Thanks a lot! :)
To answer your question - spouse.

Dean007

Star Member
Sep 16, 2014
Guys I have a question, My current passport expired, so I renewed before my PPR and send them the new one. Is that right? Or i should have send them both(including the cancelled/expired) one too ?
PS: I applied PR using my new passport, Si they have my new passport on file and on ATIP/GCMS notes.

prasprime

Dec 16, 2013
India
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Send Both. In the mean time. Once you got the New Passport send the scan copy along with your information to CIC email address.

All the best. ;D ;D ;D

Dean007 said:
Guys I have a question, My current passport expired, so I renewed before my PPR and send them the new one. Is that right? Or i should have send them both(including the cancelled/expired) one too ?
PS: I applied PR using my new passport, Si they have my new passport on file and on ATIP/GCMS notes.

gildeh

Star Member
Dec 21, 2014
After 10 days, my tracker have not been activated yet for passport return from CIC. Is this normal? How long does it take?

delta304

Feb 6, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dean007 said:
if you already provide your new one during your PR process then dont worry. second thing new passport might have old passport
information ( i m not sure about your back home's but mine one had it)on last page of passport.i dont think
it will make any issue.

Dean007

Star Member
Sep 16, 2014
delta304 said:
if you already provide your new one during your PR process then dont worry. second thing new passport might have old passport
information ( i m not sure about your back home's but mine one had it)on last page of passport.i dont think
it will make any issue.
Ok thanks delta, I did provided the new one when applied for PR, So i send them the new one only, And yes it contains my old passport number. Thanks

Bincanada

May 19, 2015
tenkrun10 said:
Bicanada, I respect your opinion and you make some salient points but respectfully disagree. I think Canada's health care has some pros and cons, so those the US healthcare system. The major con of the US system is cost, pro is quality and accessibility (sometimes at a cost that results in bankruptcies). In Canada, like in the UK, you may not have easy access to see a speciality for an ailment that isn't basic. The time lost in waiting in line can mean life or death and deterioration in health. Canada though is better for basic access and coverage. Some will argue One another note, big congrats to you on completing this process. Quick question...are you US resident / Citizen or US resident and a citizen of a visa-exempt country other than the US ?
I've known people to die because they can't afford their chemotherapy in the states (I think this speaks volumes on access to specialty care), with cancers that should be curable might I add. I know people who never visit a doc because they can't afford the lab tests that come with basic visits, so they are not maintaining their health. I have my own experiences, we all have our experiences. I grew up in the US, I don't prefer the system I had to deal with for my entire life to this point. Every single doctor visit is a pain in the ass, you would be shocked at how complicated insurance claims are for just a physical and lab work, the insurance company you submit payments to probably won't pay for half of the items they charge. If you don't pay the balance, it goes on your credit report just like any other debt. It is a horrible health system. There is *nothing* desirable about it. Most progressive Americans like myself joke that Canada rations care by having those with non-life threatening problems wait a little, in the US they ration care by just not providing it and making it too expensive, so you just go without care at all. LOL And you can't just walk into a doc's office, you have to ensure they are covered by your insurance first and that the insurance will cover the visit.

Honestly, spend time in the US, and you visit the public health offices in cities east, west, north, south... The US has health care quality many times more in line with Mexico or Brazil, less in common with Canada or European nations. Sure, there's the Mayo Clinic and MD Anderson and John's Hopkins... But so much of the US health system looks more like what you see on the news with Remote Area Medical doing clinics for the poor in Appalachia. Google or YouTube 'Remote Area Medical' and watch, you'll be surprised how many Americans deal with health care.

I was born in the US, yes.

About the only thing that is true in the US is - if you have the money - you can walk into one of these medical imaging clinics and get an instant MRI or CT Scan... That is hardly something that makes a health system better, though. Canada's system needs improvements, all health systems do, but I strongly don't like the US system. I've seen too many friends and family be hurt by the US system to like it.

I'm just sharing my personal views and experience, I for one am happy to be headed to Canada. I don't have any outstanding health issues, but I'm proud to have a more civilised health system available for any potential issues in the future. I don't ever want to deal with the US health care mess again. My apologies for going into this health care issue, but it is important to me.