+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PNP PR May,2015 Applicant

rhonny20

Jul 12, 2012
Mbgirlfriend said:
Its actually much more stressful than waiting in your own country. As Anatalia said many are tied to one employer and the same position with that employer. My BF couldn't take a promotion if he wanted one without going through a big hassle of getting a new WP and letting PNP know.

Making any changes could slow down the process even more. Also for many people time is important if they are getting close to 4 years of being here on a WP then they may not be able to apply for an extension after that 4 years and if their nomination is based on their employment and can no longer work they can loose their nomination and thus be refused PR

Also any kind of travel outside of Canada while you are waiting for PR is not advisable. My BF is very home sick and would like to go home for a visit but can't because he is an inland applicant.

In land applicants are trapped while they wait (Trapped with their employer, trapped in Canada) and have the constant stress of not knowing if they will even get their next WP and be able to work while they wait. As well for some knowing if they don't get a WP that their entire PR application could be refused. Also the fear that if for some reason PR is not approved then it means that they have spent years away from their family in a job they didn't want to stay in for nothing.

Sometimes its very hard for my BF to feel settled because there is the fear that something won't go right. If he doesn't get PR by mid February then he needs to get another WP. Based on current rules he should be able to get a BOWP but we can't count on them not changing rules again. And just having to apply for another WP is stressful.

At least while you are at home in your own country you aren't dealing with the stresses of having to constantly get new work permits (my BF is on his 3rd already) in order to be able to work. You don't have to miss your family and friends. You can just live your life knowing all you have to do is wait and eventually it will happen and when it does you can start your life here freely.
Hey I read ur reply. Its somewhat right but according to my lawyer if my work permit is refused but my employer is still holding my job, I can wait for my PR in my home country and do the visa stamping there because that is the only choice

Anatalia

Jun 21, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-04-2015
AOR Received.
13-07-2015
Med's Done....
08-01-2016
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
LANDED..........
10-05-2016
+100 to what Mbgirlfriend just wrote.

Because of not being able to get a long enough vacation time I missed funeral of my father back home. Its a mental pain for the rest of life for me and missed opportunity of saying good bye for the last time. Feels very demotivating.

Its my 3rd year on work permit and if cio will return my application again, Im not sure I will be able to gety pr before this wp expires.

BCdream

Star Member
Oct 15, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-05-2015
AOR Received.
waiting...
IELTS Request
not requested
File Transfer...
waiting...
Med's Request
waiting...
Med's Done....
waiting...
Passport Req..
waiting...
VISA ISSUED...
waiting...
LANDED..........
already in Canada!
VictorPapa said:
YES, at the moment I think CIO is sending XEP for Inland applications and direct EP for Outland applications! We can see CIO is trying to keep their 8 weeks time frame. If they finish one application within 8 weeks then they send direct EP (OUtland) and if they don't finish application within 8 weeks then they send XEP to say "Hey, we didn't forget you! We will finish your application soon!!!" and this situation happens for many of Inland applications. ;)

I think this is a very good decision CIC made to expedite Outland applicants because when you are already inside Canada and you are living there, receiving PR is not a big deal at all because it is only a change of status and you already living there and have your rules in Canada's economy but for Outland applicants it will be a new life with a lot of new opportunities so I think CIC is trying to help outland applicants enter Canada sooner to improve their economy but Inland applicants already have their rules in Canada's economy and with new PR situation there won't be any improvement for Canada at all! ;D

What do you think?
But in that way it seems that they do not care about people that already pay taxes and work (sometimes in very difficult situations as anatalia wrote). Probably this is my perspective derived from the fact that I am an inland applicant, but I think that they should care mostly of people that are already in Canada, instead of giving priorities to people that will come here in perspective... Moreover they should know very well what is the typical situation of an immigrant (exactly like mbgirlfriend wrote...). Anyway, that's the life. I just wonder if I'll be able to see the finish of this process or I will give up before...

take care!

rhonny20

Jul 12, 2012
BCdream said:
But in that way it seems that they do not care about people that already pay taxes and work (sometimes in very difficult situations as anatalia wrote). Probably this is my perspective derived from the fact that I am an inland applicant, but I think that they should care mostly of people that are already in Canada, instead of giving priorities to people that will come here in perspective... Moreover they should know very well what is the typical situation of an immigrant (exactly like mbgirlfriend wrote...). Anyway, that's the life. I just wonder if I'll be able to see the finish of this process or I will give up before...

take care!
YOU are still lucky guys. See me here, my work permit got refused while pr in process and now on restoration. May be I will go back to my home country and wait for my PR there (as my lawyer told me). Its a very hard journey.

Anatalia

Jun 21, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-04-2015
AOR Received.
13-07-2015
Med's Done....
08-01-2016
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
LANDED..........
10-05-2016
Till what time they send emails with xep/ep?
Is it same time as their office hours 8am-4pm monday to friday?
If so, then 2 days left only for us without XEP who applied before April 20th:/

followcanada2015

Star Member
Oct 22, 2014
harirajmohan said:
if there is no payment issue (if you paid online then nothing to worry about) and have signed all necessary forms then you should expect EP in this week.
Thanks for your encouragement, buddy

nudang99

Star Member
Jun 9, 2012
Victoria, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
NS
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-04-2015
Doc's Request.
13-01-2015
Nomination.....
16-01-2015
AOR Received.
06-07-2015
IELTS Request
Submitted with Application
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
December 2015
Med's Done....
December 2015
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
August 3 2016
VISA ISSUED...
August 16 2016
LANDED..........
August 18 2016
rhonny20 said:
Hey I read ur reply. Its somewhat right but according to my lawyer if my work permit is refused but my employer is still holding my job, I can wait for my PR in my home country and do the visa stamping there because that is the only choice
Is that true Rhonny20? that we can wait for our Pr from our hone country. coz i might have to do that if my restoration got refuse. donate a lots of stuffs already. not sure for what going to happen...everything so uncertain. I was so happy on January for my nominee and series of upsets afterward. WP refuse, returned pr application, cab not work, have to do restoration and CIC keep changing the processing time on WP. being inland applicant is supee stress.

Sup17

Star Member
Mar 15, 2015
Anatalia said:
Maybe it is not a big deal for government and economy, but for inland applicants its a life important! Especially those ones who applied under employer driven stream. We cant change job, we cant choose city we want to live in, we have to work shifts we dont choose, and many others things we cant because we all tied to an employer and it feels very depressive to be not a free person in a free country. I know its our choice and nobody has forced us to come here but i had no other choice. I d rather wait pr at home if I had an option.

I again called today to ask what is XEP and why im not getting it and people who applied after me are getting it. It seems they have no clue about xep or ep. They keep replying "wait 18 weeks". Like robots.
I am totally agree with you doing night shift since last 5 years. I hate doing this you get no life sleep work and work sleep , stressful shift and stuck with one employer they treat you like slaves. One of my friend here since 2007-08 he got screwed up many times coz of rule changes and now implied status and employer refused to get extension for him. It's stressful for everyone inland outland we all are on same boat things seems to be good from far and in other person hands

VictorPapa

Champion Member
Jan 6, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thank you all my friends for your valuable comments about Inland applicant's difficulties.

I hope all of Inland and Outland applicants could get their PR as soon as possible. ;)

Good Luck.

harirajmohan

VIP Member
Mar 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-May-2015
Doc's Request.
30-Dec-2015 ReminderEmail(PCCs, NewPassport via cse 31-Dec-2015)
Nomination.....
SK 22-Apr-2015
AOR Received.
11-Aug-2015
Med's Request
23-Dec-2015
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2016
Passport Req..
26-May-2016 (BGC In Progress 25-May-2016)
VISA ISSUED...
PP Reached Ottawa:27-May-2016, Received:10-Jun-2016
LANDED..........
PR: 09-Jul-2016, PR Card: 17-Aug-2016
So all action (XEP and EPs) only on week beginning or what.... Days are passing very very slow :(. There should be another batch on Thur/Fri :). Could not wait for whole week for the next batch.

abhispat

Dec 18, 2013
Mumbai
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
File Send to CIO 20 May 2015 File Received by CIO 26 May 2015
Doc's Request.
6th September 2015
Nomination.....
21st April 2015
AOR Received.
05th August 2015
IELTS Request
Provide with application
File Transfer...
20th August 2015
Med's Request
7th September 2015
Med's Done....
15th September 2015
Passport Req..
8th Feb 2016
VISA ISSUED...
12th Feb 2016
harirajmohan said:
So all action (XEP and EPs) only on week beginning or what.... Days are passing very very slow :(. There should be another batch on Thur/Fri :). Could not wait for whole week for the next batch.
Agree with you buddy :) :D ;D

Anatalia

Jun 21, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-04-2015
AOR Received.
13-07-2015
Med's Done....
08-01-2016
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
LANDED..........
10-05-2016
If i dont see email with xep or ep today and tomorrow. I will have to start checking my mail box for returned package... Because I had experienced same sh*t before when everyone were getting xep and I had nothing.

Jiss

May 1, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 13,2015
Doc's Request.
Nov 9,2015
AOR Received.
July 8,2015
Med's Request
Received
Med's Done....
April 20, 2015
Passport Req..
Jan 29,2016
VictorPapa said:
YES, at the moment I think CIO is sending XEP for Inland applications and direct EP for Outland applications! We can see CIO is trying to keep their 8 weeks time frame. If they finish one application within 8 weeks then they send direct EP (OUtland) and if they don't finish application within 8 weeks then they send XEP to say "Hey, we didn't forget you! We will finish your application soon!!!" and this situation happens for many of Inland applications. ;)

I think this is a very good decision CIC made to expedite Outland applicants because when you are already inside Canada and you are living there, receiving PR is not a big deal at all because it is only a change of status and you already living there and have your rules in Canada's economy but for Outland applicants it will be a new life with a lot of new opportunities so I think CIC is trying to help outland applicants enter Canada sooner to improve their economy but Inland applicants already have their rules in Canada's economy and with new PR situation there won't be any improvement for Canada at all! ;D

What do you think?
It could be true to an extend in their (cic) perspective.but it is really hard for the pnp pr applicants and lmia people who have closed work permit..we r bound to an employer and job situations which we never like at all.can not change ur place,job,life standards..nothing..even though you could get a better job with better pay, u can not opt for it...ur opportunities are gone..can not even continue ur studies...many people are forced to work in remote places for nominal remuneration just because of this silly regulations...
Before coming,all we think of Canada is freedom and rights...now with this foolish regulations, inland applicants are completely denied of their freedom of choice and life indirectly..employees are forced to be silent to the exploitation of the employers ..It is not what we expect from canada..it is totally against the Canadian occupational rules..but still there is no option..ur pr is always under risk......
especially those who came with study permit,spend lot of money here for it,still working and spending more for getting jobs or lmia...just for nothing..only for pr..there is big difference for getting mortgages, car loans, line of credit etc here before and after pr..

harirajmohan

VIP Member
Mar 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-May-2015
Doc's Request.
30-Dec-2015 ReminderEmail(PCCs, NewPassport via cse 31-Dec-2015)
Nomination.....
SK 22-Apr-2015
AOR Received.
11-Aug-2015
Med's Request
23-Dec-2015
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2016
Passport Req..
26-May-2016 (BGC In Progress 25-May-2016)
VISA ISSUED...
PP Reached Ottawa:27-May-2016, Received:10-Jun-2016
LANDED..........
PR: 09-Jul-2016, PR Card: 17-Aug-2016
Anatalia said:
If i dont see email with xep or ep today and tomorrow. I will have to start checking my mail box for returned package... Because I had experienced same sh*t before when everyone were getting xep and I had nothing.
May be yours is coming next monday. As we all know that they dont process in correct order (dont think they even maintain weekly order), its possible that the application is stuck at the end of the pile. Its just luck on how soon the application gets picked by the officer.

They should have given a simple one page form online to receive IMM0008 information and asked the applicants to send the other documents by paper to make it easy to track at this internet age but still they are trying to move away with paper and local vo processing.

Yes i agree its pain on waiting without knowing anything on what will happen. We need to see what dates are being processed during next week's AOR.