22-09-2016
AOR Received.
04-01-2017
Med's Request
18-12-2017
Med's Done....
26-12-2017
Hi folks,
Just talked to an IRCC Call center Agent and she said my Security clerance is being done and they don’t know how long will it take but there is a date on my file in the mid of March, don’t know what to do but does anyone know what do they check in the Security check and which forum performs our security checks? Is it the local police or ????
My CIC account still says BG N/A and she said we are doing security clearance??? I don’t know what to say?
Thanks in advance to all of you for your replies.
What's your time line ?

Security clearance is done by CSIS

mannat anand

Star Member
Aug 27, 2017
Hi folks,
Just talked to an IRCC Call center Agent and she said my Security clerance is being done and they don’t know how long will it take but there is a date on my file in the mid of March, don’t know what to do but does anyone know what do they check in the Security check and which forum performs our security checks? Is it the local police or ????
My CIC account still says BG N/A and she said we are doing security clearance??? I don’t know what to say?
Thanks in advance to all of you for your replies.
They just the police records that’s all nothing else. What’s ur timeline

Kdgdong77

Star Member
Jan 26, 2016
I am July 25,my BG still N/A! There are few left from July in this thread and all of us the same situation!Maybe our files are assigned to the same officer!
Yeah. I think so too. I also think they open our application because they ask me a passport update request on january 7th. Can this be a correspendance showed on e-cas??
It show me that a correspendance sent on january 15th which i didnt receive it. Only one thing i receive was a passport update on 7th.... so weird

Nov 17, 2017
Calling cic for delayed applicants won't work, they also don't know anything what's going on. It's seems like processing time of bg has to do with country of origin. All delayed applicant pls stay in touch and mention your country of origin.

AhsanK

Star Member
Oct 17, 2016
Vancouver
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney, Ottawa
App. Filed.......
22-09-2016
AOR Received.
04-01-2017
Med's Request
18-12-2017
Med's Done....
26-12-2017
They just the police records that’s all nothing else. What’s ur timeline
Security is done by CSIS

One of friends application is in secondary security and he got a letter from CSIS with a load of legal stuff and he hasn't received any update after that

It's his 22nd month going on for federal application stage

umtrann

Jul 17, 2017
DM is decision made and BGIP is background check in process.

It seems like CIC is not updating our mycic accounts whenever they start a new process. But usually PPR is the final step of the whole PR applications.
when I read my email, I am still not sure if I need to send my passport because I am currently working in Canada under work permit. Sending passport out only applies to people who currently live outsite Canada, is it true? thanks

Jf17

Dec 22, 2016
Im from Philippines, I don’t have travel history coz this is my first time to work abroad..

Im august 29 applicant

AhsanK

Star Member
Oct 17, 2016
Vancouver
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney, Ottawa
App. Filed.......
22-09-2016
AOR Received.
04-01-2017
Med's Request
18-12-2017
Med's Done....
26-12-2017
I am from Pakistan as well August 30,2016 applicant.
My friend who is also from Pakistan is in secondary security
It's his 22nd month going on for federal application

Apparently certain nationalities under go extra security check

Oct 27, 2016
I am Aug 22nd Applicant.
AOR on Dec 8th
Received MR on Nov 7th
Back ground started Feb 7th Morning
Received PPR on Feb 7th Evening
Decision Made on ECAS on Feb 7th Midnight
i am from Pakistan. but have been in Canada since i was 17 years old

Wonderland_1010

Champion Member
Aug 24, 2015
Regina, SK
Category........
PNP
when I read my email, I am still not sure if I need to send my passport because I am currently working in Canada under work permit. Sending passport out only applies to people who currently live outsite Canada, is it true? thanks
If you read your email carefully, it should say something like:

Step 2: Determine if you need to submit passport.

If you are a holder of passport from countries whose citizens need visa to travel to Canada. Then you will need to submit passport for you and all accompanying family member. Your passport must be valid for at least 6 months and with 2 blank pages.

Please note that you will still have to submit passport if:

1. You have a valid Canadian temporary status visa (workpermit,studypermit or visitor visa)

2. You are USA permanent residence holder and holder of passport from countries that requires visa to travel to Canada.

If you are a holder of passport from countries whose citizens are exempt from obtaining a visa to travel to Canada, then you will need to submit one photocopy of passport page.

So in conclusion, if you are from a country that needs visa to travel to Canada, you will have to submit passport for PR visa stamping even if you are on work permit. The address to mail to should have been in the PPR email.