+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PNP PR - JULY, AUGUST, SEPTEMBER 2016 Applicants>>>Lets Connect here

Bugoy741021

Mar 16, 2016
Hello, my situation is almost the same as yours: Got BC PNP in June 2016(Inland applicant), Application received by CIC for PR(Paper based) on 16th September_2016, waiting for Medical.
Maybe we can keep each other updated whenever either of us get the MR. thanks a lot

save_me_plz

Jun 5, 2014
I considered applying under express entry back in June but after comparing the official processing timeline provided by CIC - EE 6 months, 6/7 months left out of the total 16 months in my federal application. I decided not to waste time and money to file through EE which would just lead to the same waiting and result.

I'm still not sure the second BOWP is necessary as you can live and work as normal after your current BOWP expires under an "implied status"...another BOWP just seems a waste of money...doesn't it?
you have to have a status first. Once your BOWP expires you will be out of status. Implied status is only for work permits not for PR application, The moment your curent BOWP expires you cant work. Implied status is only for you to get the WP's. people getting PR from ee in at most 3 months.. Paper process is way too long. I applied EE when I completed my one year. people are waiting for 20 months for PAper based now

PLUS- you never needed a BOWP in first Place if a PR application was sufficient for Implied status.

Last edited:

woodchild

Sep 8, 2017
you have to have a status first. Once your BOWP expires you will be out of status. Implied status is only for work permits not for PR application, The moment your curent BOWP expires you cant work. Implied status is only for you to get the WP's. people getting PR from ee in at most 3 months.. Paper process is way too long. I applied EE when I completed my one year. people are waiting for 20 months for PAper based now
Appreciate the response. I have stated my misunderstanding of the implied status but thanks for the further clarification. The concern now is:
(1). regarding the application of the second BOWP (plz refer to my comment regarding the questionnaire steps or the question of whether receiving AOR and passing medical equates to conditional approval of PR)
(2). whether it's a good idea to wait until Jan 1st to apply for the second open work permit since it takes only about 30 days to get it and once I submit even if I don't get it by expiry I can continue normally under the "implied status".

Regarding EE, my score is around 550~650 without the provincial nomination but 1100+ with it. Further research revealed to me that I couldn't find an EE stream under AINP, I was nominated under the strategic recruit stream (post-graduate) originally and my nomination had already expired now so I'd have to get another nomination for EE now (not sure about this?). In addition, I will have to write the English proficiency exam which could take anywhere between 2 - 6 weeks for a submitable result. English is my first language and i went to university in Canada so this is another what-the-fuckery to me. So even everything goes smoothly adhering to the timeline you mentioned, 3-4 months, if I start the process tomorrow, the fastest I'd get the PR is by next March/April + $2000+ in fees + hours of paperwork and potentially having to redo the medical?. I have already passed the medical stage of my pnp application at this point so I don't think it'll take until next March/April to finalize everything?

Thoughts? Comments?

hope above clarifies what I'm really asking
thanks

save_me_plz

Jun 5, 2014
Appreciate the response. I have stated my misunderstanding of the implied status but thanks for the further clarification. The concern now is:
(1). regarding the application of the second BOWP (plz refer to my comment regarding the questionnaire steps or the question of whether receiving AOR and passing medical equates to conditional approval of PR)
(2). whether it's a good idea to wait until Jan 1st to apply for the second open work permit since it takes only about 30 days to get it and once I submit even if I don't get it by expiry I can continue normally under the "implied status".

Regarding EE, my score is around 550~650 without the provincial nomination but 1100+ with it. Further research revealed to me that I couldn't find an EE stream under AINP, I was nominated under the strategic recruit stream (post-graduate) originally and my nomination had already expired now so I'd have to get another nomination for EE now (not sure about this?). In addition, I will have to write the English proficiency exam which could take anywhere between 2 - 6 weeks for a submitable result. English is my first language and i went to university in Canada so this is another what-the-fuckery to me. So even everything goes smoothly adhering to the timeline you mentioned, 3-4 months, if I start the process tomorrow, the fastest I'd get the PR is by next March/April + $2000+ in fees + hours of paperwork and potentially having to redo the medical?. I have already passed the medical stage of my pnp application at this point so I don't think it'll take until next March/April to finalize everything?

Thoughts? Comments?

hope above clarifies what I'm really asking
thanks
FOR BOWP:- yes, even if you apply the last day of your work permit expiration, you shoudl be good. I would not wait for the last moment though.

FOR EXPRESS ENTRY :- Please sort this in desc order by stream. CEC will be at the bottom. You will know how long is it taking for Inland CEC for PR.
September 2017- https://myimmitracker.com/en/ca/trackers/september-2017-aor-permanent-residency-tracker
August 2017 - https://myimmitracker.com/en/ca/trackers/august-2017-aor-permanent-residency-tracker

For Paper Based PNP :- April MAY June.. might give some idea og how much time after medical.
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/pnp-pr-april-may-june-2016-applicants.413018/page-488

Again, I am just telling you based on my understanding and my knowledge is based on what I heard and read on these posts. Please research a bit more and call CIC if you have any further question for most accurate information.

Bugoy741021

Mar 16, 2016
Hello, my situation is almost the same as yours: Got BC PNP in June 2016(Inland applicant), Application received by CIC for PR(Paper based) on 16th September_2016, waiting for Medical.
Can you please update me when you get the MR? thank you very much

jyken

Star Member
Aug 2, 2017
AB PNP
Category........
AINP
Visa Office......
CIO
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
06-07-2016
Doc's Request.
11-30-2016
AOR Received.
10-20-2016
Med's Request
13-09-2017
Med's Done....
25-09-2017
Passport Req..
02-01-2018
VISA ISSUED...
recieved passport with visa 28-01-2018
LANDED..........
01-02-2018 visa office Edmonton
any news july applicants?

Amy sandhu

Sep 18, 2017
Hi
I send my medical already n it has been 25 days showing we are reviewing result of your medical can anyone tell how long it take to medical updated

woodchild

Sep 8, 2017
FOR BOWP:- yes, even if you apply the last day of your work permit expiration, you shoudl be good. I would not wait for the last moment though.

FOR EXPRESS ENTRY :- Please sort this in desc order by stream. CEC will be at the bottom. You will know how long is it taking for Inland CEC for PR.
September 2017- https://myimmitracker.com/en/ca/trackers/september-2017-aor-permanent-residency-tracker
August 2017 - https://myimmitracker.com/en/ca/trackers/august-2017-aor-permanent-residency-tracker

For Paper Based PNP :- April MAY June.. might give some idea og how much time after medical.
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/pnp-pr-april-may-june-2016-applicants.413018/page-488

Again, I am just telling you based on my understanding and my knowledge is based on what I heard and read on these posts. Please research a bit more and call CIC if you have any further question for most accurate information.
For those of us who are interested in a second BOWP below is a link for the best explanation I found on the web so far. I believe after your first BOWP, there's no such thing as a SECOND Bridge Open Work Permit, just a simple Open Work Permit since your AOR is considered a conditional approval...
https://moving2canada.com/bridging-open-work-permit-canada/

bliss_infinitum

Oct 23, 2017
Hi
I send my medical already n it has been 25 days showing we are reviewing result of your medical can anyone tell how long it take to medical updated
My personal story: upfront med done and submitted in July 2017, but status was showing as “we are reviewing...” until November 2017 when it passed. So, nothing to worry about, I guess. Sometimes, the reason for the delay in seeing the status as “passed” can be due to the fact that you have dependents, which was the case for me.

vpkasbek

Nov 22, 2016
Visa Office......
CPC -Sydney; Secondary visa office: CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
Jan 03, 2017
Doc's Request.
Generic Reminder Email: RPRF, Passport Bio, Sch A, PCC. 06.12.2017; Updated Sch A form 09.25.2017
Nomination.....
Dec 15, 2016
AOR Received.
Mar 07, 2017
IELTS Request
Sent with package
Med's Request
Dec 15, 2017 (Upfront eMedicals); Feb 12, 2018 (Request from CIC)
Med's Done....
Feb 14, 2018 (Passed)
Interview........
Not applicable; BGIP 2: Feb 27, 2018
Passport Req..
Apr 13, 2018
VISA ISSUED...
Apr 19, 2018
Hi
It seems there medical
My personal story: upfront med done and submitted in July 2017, but status was showing as “we are reviewing...” until November 2017 when it passed. So, nothing to worry about, I guess. Sometimes, the reason for the delay in seeing the status as “passed” can be due to the fact that you have dependents, which was the case for me.
did you submit via emedical? do you it would have been the case if you hadnt done upfront and submitted upon actual medical from cic?