You r on right track
I read ur post carefully
I did the same thing but 6 months ago
You should be fine
You submitted all required documents
I had the same situation
Its all good
Hi there,

I have been working for the same company for more than 4 years now. I have not had vacation/home country since I came in 2013.
Do you think these will not affect my WP application?

Thank you very much.

mannat anand

Star Member
Aug 27, 2017
Cic just updated my application and it’s saying medical pass. But in the background check it’s saying not applicable what should be the nextstep

vpkasbek

Nov 22, 2016
Visa Office......
CPC -Sydney; Secondary visa office: CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
Jan 03, 2017
Doc's Request.
Generic Reminder Email: RPRF, Passport Bio, Sch A, PCC. 06.12.2017; Updated Sch A form 09.25.2017
Nomination.....
Dec 15, 2016
AOR Received.
Mar 07, 2017
IELTS Request
Sent with package
Med's Request
Dec 15, 2017 (Upfront eMedicals); Feb 12, 2018 (Request from CIC)
Med's Done....
Feb 14, 2018 (Passed)
Interview........
Not applicable; BGIP 2: Feb 27, 2018
Passport Req..
Apr 13, 2018
VISA ISSUED...
Apr 19, 2018
Cic just updated my application and it’s saying medical pass. But in the background check it’s saying not applicable what should be the nextstep
You background goes in process after 2-3 months or could be sooner.

Taji_Singh

Aug 9, 2016
Hello everyone,
could anyone tell me how to check the background status?
i am done with MR and it shows on cic status site that MR has been received.

jyken

Star Member
Aug 2, 2017
AB PNP
Category........
AINP
Visa Office......
CIO
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
06-07-2016
Doc's Request.
11-30-2016
AOR Received.
10-20-2016
Med's Request
13-09-2017
Med's Done....
25-09-2017
Passport Req..
02-01-2018
VISA ISSUED...
recieved passport with visa 28-01-2018
LANDED..........
01-02-2018 visa office Edmonton
Hello everyone,
could anyone tell me how to check the background status?
i am done with MR and it shows on cic status site that MR has been received.
if you have my cic acount youll gonna see it there or try to call cic they have automatic answer options that will read you acount if you dont have access to mycic

vpkasbek

Nov 22, 2016
Visa Office......
CPC -Sydney; Secondary visa office: CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
Jan 03, 2017
Doc's Request.
Generic Reminder Email: RPRF, Passport Bio, Sch A, PCC. 06.12.2017; Updated Sch A form 09.25.2017
Nomination.....
Dec 15, 2016
AOR Received.
Mar 07, 2017
IELTS Request
Sent with package
Med's Request
Dec 15, 2017 (Upfront eMedicals); Feb 12, 2018 (Request from CIC)
Med's Done....
Feb 14, 2018 (Passed)
Interview........
Not applicable; BGIP 2: Feb 27, 2018
Passport Req..
Apr 13, 2018
VISA ISSUED...
Apr 19, 2018
Hello, my situation is almost the same as yours: Got BC PNP in June 2016(Inland applicant), Application received by CIC for PR(Paper based) on 16th September_2016, waiting for Medical.
Hopefully cic is onto something big, but all threads are going cold with no PPRs or MRs for the last month or so.

woodchild

Sep 8, 2017
So I applied for MY Second BOWP last week. I have pnp 2016 august going on , I ghave been nominated for express entry as well so i was aeligible for both . I attached both AOR and and PNP as well. your PNP was expired for applying for PR not for BOWP.
I considered applying under express entry back in June but after comparing the official processing timeline provided by CIC - EE 6 months, 6/7 months left out of the total 16 months in my federal application. I decided not to waste time and money to file through EE which would just lead to the same waiting and result.

I'm still not sure the second BOWP is necessary as you can live and work as normal after your current BOWP expires under an "implied status"...another BOWP just seems a waste of money...doesn't it?

anmolbhullar

Nov 9, 2011
I considered applying under express entry back in June but after comparing the official processing timeline provided by CIC - EE 6 months, 6/7 months left out of the total 16 months in my federal application. I decided not to waste time and money to file through EE which would just lead to the same waiting and result.

I'm still not sure the second BOWP is necessary as you can live and work as normal after your current BOWP expires under an "implied status"...another BOWP just seems a waste of money...doesn't it?
You definately need to apply for bowp! Implied status means if you applied for a work permit while your previous work permit was valid and you havent gotten a decision on your work permit application NOT pr application. if you continue working in Canada without a valid work permit its highly likely your PR application will be refused for violating immigration law.

woodchild

Sep 8, 2017
You definately need to apply for bowp! Implied status means if you applied for a work permit while your previous work permit was valid and you havent gotten a decision on your work permit application NOT pr application. if you continue working in Canada without a valid work permit its highly likely your PR application will be refused for violating immigration law.
Just logged into mycic account and initiated a work permit application process. So when going through the questionnaire steps, I selected yes when asked - "Have you been told by a immigration officer that you are conditionally approved for permanent residency in principal?"(not exact wording, but you get what I'm referring to) then it led me to an open work permit application portal...so this is going to cost me $255 - $100 for open work permit holder fee and $155 for work permit application fee, which I remember are the same amounts I had to pay for the first BOWP (paid $155 first and then someone from CIC called me to request another payment of $100 before approving me)

So the question here is that when I looked into this back in August, I clicked No for the same question mentioned above because I wasn't sure if receiving AOR is the same as a Yes for the above question. so clicking No always led to the portal for a BOWP as if you are applying for a first BOWP coming out of expiration from your PGWP in my case (post graduate work permit), and I was already on my first BOWP and the nomination letter had already expired and etc. so I thought there wasnt even an option for a second BOWP. But clicking yes this time led to simply an open work permit portal which only requires passport, photo and a medical exam record as required supporting documents vs. nomination letter, job offer in addition for BOWP...so this question during the questionnaire steps is indeed very misleading and confusing...how does anyone know if receiving AOR and passing medical (my current progress) means conditionally approved for PR as CIC does not make this clear anywhere along the application process...wtf

You were right regarding the "implied status" part...my current BOWP is going to expire jan 31, 2018 which is the 17 month mark for my application counting from Aug 15 2016. I'm very inclined to just stay put until maybe Jan 1 2018 to start the application if I hadnt gotten the passport request by then because this is a fucking waste of money...any thoughts and comments regarding my comments on confusion mentioned in last 2 paragraphs and the decision to stay put?

Appreciate the help

Reactions: stormy007

Ryanraja

Nov 6, 2017
Hello everyone,
My PR application details are as :

File sent on 16th of September, 2016
File received 21st of September, 2016
Acknowledgement 19th of December,16
Processing started 20th of December,16
Medical requested 23rd of January, 2017
Medical have been received updated on 21st of July, 2017

My medical has already expired on 21 st of September, 2017 as I sent in in advance while applied PR

Now there is no updates from them. I have also checked GC keys where it says that eligibility is under review.

Please reply if someone has any clue when I can expect reply from them.

Ryanraja

Nov 6, 2017
Hello Everyone,

Is it possible to move KSA for work after applying PR to canada? Does it delay processing of PR? I have applied PR via SINP in September, 2016 and I am still waiting for reply after my medical has been received by them in July, 2017. Please suggest what to do?