+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PNP PR - JULY, AUGUST, SEPTEMBER 2016 Applicants>>>Lets Connect here

pparth.9429

Aug 28, 2018
Sept 22, 2016 applicant. Still waiting for "THE BG" check to be completing......

My closed wp will be expired on Jan 10, 2019 and thinking to apply for extension. My AINP nomination certificate has already been expired and can not apply for extension as I have already got extension once. My AINP certificate has no employment restriction but has employer name and NOC/position mentioned. BOWP application requires to add pnp certificate as a supporting documents.
1. Am I eligible to apply for BOWP as I have closed work permit?
2. Should I still add this expired PNP certificate even though its not valid anymore ??

Please advise if I am still eligible to switch from closed to bowp and can apply with expired pnp certificate
Thanks,
Also i have submitted my application on and received Delhi immaigration email for Confirmation regarding the application is received on 19th sep 2017 but still it is showing

Review of eligibility We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
Review of medical results You do not need a medical exam. We will send you a message if this changes.
Review of additional documents We do not need additional documents.
Interview You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
Biometrics We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes.
Background check We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.
Final decision Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

i have submitted my application based on my father and he had a PPR request, but i did not receiving any update on my application,

any suggestion?

IZZY2016

Star Member
Oct 26, 2016
Also i have submitted my application on and received Delhi immaigration email for Confirmation regarding the application is received on 19th sep 2017 but still it is showing

Review of eligibility We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
Review of medical results You do not need a medical exam. We will send you a message if this changes.
Review of additional documents We do not need additional documents.
Interview You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
Biometrics We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes.
Background check We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.
Final decision Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

i have submitted my application based on my father and he had a PPR request, but i did not receiving any update on my application,

any suggestion?
Sorry its not clear to me.

IZZY2016

Star Member
Oct 26, 2016
any body left behind for this group, did you guys consult any immigration lawyer for any help? Very frustrating as its taking for ever. Wondering what should i do to end this waiting except waiting... Thanks guys

antonpa

Star Member
Jul 17, 2018
Nova Scotia
Category........
PNP
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
09-08-2016
AOR Received.
28-11-2016
Med's Request
07-11-2017
Med's Done....
25-11-2017
Passport Req..
30-01-2019
VISA ISSUED...
15-02-2019
any body left behind for this group, did you guys consult any immigration lawyer for any help? Very frustrating as its taking for ever. Wondering what should i do to end this waiting except waiting... Thanks guys
August 2016 here. The options are very limited. Technically you can sue IRCC for taking too long (writ of mandamus), but the definition of "too long" is questionable, usually it is longer than 3 years. Also, the process is very pricey, especially if the case really ends up in court.

IZZY2016

Star Member
Oct 26, 2016
August 2016 here. The options are very limited. Technically you can sue IRCC for taking too long (writ of mandamus), but the definition of "too long" is questionable, usually it is longer than 3 years. Also, the process is very pricey, especially if the case really ends up in court.
It sounds weird but thinking to apply through Express Entry after a long period of time. Again waste of money paying all the fees. Who knows the security may take the same thing via EE.

S3ns0r

Star Member
Nov 21, 2016
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
12-08-2016
Doc's Request.
20-01-2017, 26-07-2018
AOR Received.
05-12-2016
IELTS Request
n/a
File Transfer...
31-07-2018
Med's Request
07-11-2017 ; 21-12-2018
Med's Done....
15-11-2017 ; 03-01-2019
Interview........
21-02-2019
Passport Req..
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
21-02-2019
LANDED..........
inland applicant
It sounds weird but thinking to apply through Express Entry after a long period of time. Again waste of money paying all the fees. Who knows the security may take the same thing via EE.
exactly you never know if it's gonna be the same or not. I'm curious I saw some people have applied to EE while they were waiting for an update through paper application if they got PR quicker.

Last edited:
Reactions: IZZY2016

IZZY2016

Star Member
Oct 26, 2016
exactly you never know if it's gonna be the same or not. I'm curious I saw some have people applied to EE while they were waiting for an update through paper application if they got PR quicker.
I know some of my friends applied for EE at the early stage (8/9 months) of their pnp application and they got their PR in 2-3 months. But waiting for 2 years and then apply for EE does not make sense to me. I have to start from the very beginning with new IELTS, new police certificates, new medical and paying another 2-3 grands for 2 people.
Never been any other country, no criminal cases. Still.. Very frustrating...

Reactions: S3ns0r

MarsiaMS

Jul 5, 2016
Northern British Columbia
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
27-01-2017
AOR Received.
15-03-2017
IELTS Request
submitted with application
Med's Request
28-02-2018
Med's Done....
upfront
I know some of my friends applied for EE at the early stage (8/9 months) of their pnp application and they got their PR in 2-3 months. But waiting for 2 years and then apply for EE does not make sense to me. I have to start from the very beginning with new IELTS, new police certificates, new medical and paying another 2-3 grands for 2 people.
Never been any other country, no criminal cases. Still.. Very frustrating...
I am planning to go for EE. I already waited for 20 months, but I don't want to wait for 3 years. Already had a new English test

S3ns0r

Star Member
Nov 21, 2016
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
12-08-2016
Doc's Request.
20-01-2017, 26-07-2018
AOR Received.
05-12-2016
IELTS Request
n/a
File Transfer...
31-07-2018
Med's Request
07-11-2017 ; 21-12-2018
Med's Done....
15-11-2017 ; 03-01-2019
Interview........
21-02-2019
Passport Req..
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
21-02-2019
LANDED..........
inland applicant
Thank you. I will do same thing like you did. I believe you applied for bowp?? Let me know when you got it. Thanks.
Got my BOWP refused today, they told that employer fees have to be paid with every single application for BOWP, ridiculous. Now I need to restore my status and then apply for work permit again and I can't work. This is just killing me

"On February 21, 2015, regulations pertaining to employers hiring Labour Market Impact Assessment exempt foreign nationals under the International Mobility Program (IMP) came into effect:
• Before the foreign national makes their application for a work permit, the employer must submit an Offer of Employment to the Minister using the electronic system made available by the Department for that purpose;
• Employers must pay the employer compliance fee of $230.00, unless they are exempt from the fee requirement under subsection R303.1(5)."

Last edited:

IZZY2016

Star Member
Oct 26, 2016
Got my BOWP refused today, they told that employer fees have to be paid with every single application for BOWP, ridiculous. Now I need to restore my status and then apply for work permit again and I can't work. This is just killing me

"On February 21, 2015, regulations pertaining to employers hiring Labour Market Impact Assessment exempt foreign nationals under the International Mobility Program (IMP) came into effect:
• Before the foreign national makes their application for a work permit, the employer must submit an Offer of Employment to the Minister using the electronic system made available by the Department for that purpose;
• Employers must pay the employer compliance fee of $230.00, unless they are exempt from the fee requirement under subsection R303.1(5)."
That does not make sense to me. I'm really sorry for you. And your case made me nervous. My BOWP application will be same like yours now. Wondering what should I do now.
If your employer pays the compliance fee, don't your pnp certificate need to be valid, need support letter from pnp? Did you have "employer restriction" on your pnp certificate? BOWP requirements don't say anywhere if you need employer certificate/compliance fee. This is CIC's stupidity... can't think of anything else.

For my case, is there any way I can have my employer paying the compliance fee and add the fee info via "case enquiry form"? Don't I have to add the employer info on the actual application form as I left it blank? Very complex now I believe. Good thing is my WP is valid until Jan 16, 2019.

Please advise guys....

Reactions: S3ns0r and MarsiaMS

S3ns0r

Star Member
Nov 21, 2016
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
12-08-2016
Doc's Request.
20-01-2017, 26-07-2018
AOR Received.
05-12-2016
IELTS Request
n/a
File Transfer...
31-07-2018
Med's Request
07-11-2017 ; 21-12-2018
Med's Done....
15-11-2017 ; 03-01-2019
Interview........
21-02-2019
Passport Req..
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
21-02-2019
LANDED..........
inland applicant
That does not make sense to me. I'm really sorry for you. And your case made me nervous. My BOWP application will be same like yours now. Wondering what should I do now.
If your employer pays the compliance fee, don't your pnp certificate need to be valid, need support letter from pnp? Did you have "employer restriction" on your pnp certificate? BOWP requirements don't say anywhere if you need employer certificate/compliance fee. This is CIC's stupidity... can't think of anything else.

For my case, is there any way I can have my employer paying the compliance fee and add the fee info via "case enquiry form"? Don't I have to add the employer info on the actual application form as I left it blank? Very complex now I believe. Good thing is my WP is valid until Jan 16, 2019.

Please advise guys....
Thank you, yes stupid IRCC if I could just go and yell on somebody there because of their bureaucracy, I can't work and I have a family here how am I supposed to live. Exactly! There is nothing about employer compliance fee in BOWP application. I talked to my boss and tomorrow we will try to get it sorted, call CIC and pay fees. I do have employer restriction and the thing is I already have work permit with him this is just extension , that doesn't make any sense to me why we need to pay fees again. My PNP cert expired I have no idea how we are going to do this, but he told me that he has a portal where he pays these fees and creates a job position. I will keep you posted on how it goes.

In your case I would at least approach to your boss and mention it to him.

IZZY2016

Star Member
Oct 26, 2016
Thank you, yes stupid IRCC if I could just go and yell on somebody there because of their bureaucracy, I can't work and I have a family here how am I supposed to live. Exactly! There is nothing about employer compliance fee in BOWP application. I talked to my boss and tomorrow we will try to get it sorted, call CIC and pay fees. I do have employer restriction and the thing is I already have work permit with him this is just extension , that doesn't make any sense to me why we need to pay fees again. My PNP cert expired I have no idea how we are going to do this, but he told me that he has a portal where he pays these fees and creates a job position. I will keep you posted on how it goes.

I believe the employer restriction is the issue here. I heard from people in this forum that whoever has no employer restriction got their BOWP but if the pnp certificate is expired not sure how it works. Please let me know how you sort this out. My employer does not have any foreign worker except me. I am the only one. I walked them through last time when they submitted the offer online on the Employer Portal. I would do the same thing again this time but when i called cic/ainp they told me that i'm eligible for BOWP and did not bother my employer. Should i ask my employer now, pay the fee and add the receipt via "case specific inquiry" while my application in process?

IZZY2016

Star Member
Oct 26, 2016

Do you mind if I ask you to copy and paste the reason for refusal here hiding you personal information. Sorry to bother as I know you are pretty upset now. Also when did you apply for your bowp?

qweasd123

Nov 19, 2017

If you have employment restriction you can't apply for BOWP. You need to apply for close work permit this is what I know

qweasd123

Nov 19, 2017
I believe the employer restriction is the issue here. I heard from people in this forum that whoever has no employer restriction got their BOWP but if the pnp certificate is expired not sure how it works. Please let me know how you sort this out. My employer does not have any foreign worker except me. I am the only one. I walked them through last time when they submitted the offer online on the Employer Portal. I would do the same thing again this time but when i called cic/ainp they told me that i'm eligible for BOWP and did not bother my employer. Should i ask my employer now, pay the fee and add the receipt via "case specific inquiry" while my application in process?
I think you are good because you don't have employment restrictions on your pnp

It is up to you if you want to ask your employer