+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PNP - PR - Jan-Feb-March 2016 Applicants

lorenzoxu

Sep 21, 2014
I have no idea about that. I tried to get some help from my MP but they couldn't help.

BTW: where are you from?
China. I'm MPNP. I contacted my MP. And he told me he emailed Ministerial Enquiries Division at IRCC to ask. But I haven't got any answers yet

syed32

Mar 6, 2018
Need a suggestion.

I know few applicants waiting from 30 or more months as well. Mine will be 21 months at the end of July.
I am eligible to apply for Express Entry as i have more than enough than required points, should I?
Probably this way i will get my P.R in 6 months. Right now, not sure if it can even take more than 30 months.

Thanks.

tam_131

Star Member
May 16, 2016
March 2016 applicant here.

I just called IRCC and they informed me that my background check is complete and my application is waiting for final review. Any idea how long the final review takes?

My passport will expire at the end of this month and I haven't got a request to renew it. I already renewed my passport. Should I wait for them to ask to renew my passport and send it to them or should I just send it now?

I appreciate your advice guys.

Thanks!

Sardar Ali

Star Member
Mar 22, 2011
March 2016 applicant here.

I just called IRCC and they informed me that my background check is complete and my application is waiting for final review. Any idea how long the final review takes?

My passport will expire at the end of this month and I haven't got a request to renew it. I already renewed my passport. Should I wait for them to ask to renew my passport and send it to them or should I just send it now?

I appreciate your advice guys.

Thanks!

I would suggest to send them scanned copy of your new passport using the case-specific enquiry web form [ https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/canada-case-cas-eng.aspx ]. Good luck!

Sardar Ali

Star Member
Mar 22, 2011
Received PPR finally :)
Timeline:
Application Received: April 8, 2016
Medical Exams: Dec, 2016
Security Screening Started: July 19, 2017
PPR: July 17, 2018
It took 27 months and 10 days to get the PPR email.

Reactions: petaji and antonpa

antonpa

Star Member
Jul 17, 2018
Nova Scotia
Category........
PNP
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
09-08-2016
AOR Received.
28-11-2016
Med's Request
07-11-2017
Med's Done....
25-11-2017
Passport Req..
30-01-2019
VISA ISSUED...
15-02-2019
Received PPR finally :)
Timeline:
Application Received: April 8, 2016
Medical Exams: Dec, 2016
Security Screening Started: July 19, 2017
PPR: July 17, 2018
It took 27 months and 10 days to get the PPR email.
Congratulations!

How did you find out when and if the Security Screening started in your case? In my GCMS notes everything security-related is hidden, so I have no idea if I'm under security screening or not.

Sardar Ali

Star Member
Mar 22, 2011
Congratulations!

How did you find out when and if the Security Screening started in your case? In my GCMS notes everything security-related is hidden, so I have no idea if I'm under security screening or not.
Those sub-activities (mostly hidden in GCMS) indicates security screening. Second, I was asked to provide details about my jobs, publications, thesis supervisor, and latest resume on July 19th 2016. They usually ask for these documents to conduct security screening. It took 1 year for the security screening but I am glad that the wait is finally over for me.

Reactions: antonpa

lorenzoxu

Sep 21, 2014
Hi, I just checked my application online. The application status shows "application/profile updated". But nothing changed. Anyone has any idea what that means?

tam_131

Star Member
May 16, 2016
Hi folks,

I contacted the Ottawa call center two days ago and got the following email this morning.

--------------
Your application is currently in the final processing queue awaiting finalization. Please note that nothing further is required from you at this time.
Regrettably, we are unable to provide you with a timeframe, but rest assured we are doing what we can to process your application in a timely fashion.
-------------

Any idea how long does the final review take?

Thanks!

lorenzoxu

Sep 21, 2014
Hi folks,

I contacted the Ottawa call center two days ago and got the following email this morning.

--------------
Your application is currently in the final processing queue awaiting finalization. Please note that nothing further is required from you at this time.
Regrettably, we are unable to provide you with a timeframe, but rest assured we are doing what we can to process your application in a timely fashion.
-------------

Any idea how long does the final review take?

Thanks!
Same here. I called IRCC this morning. They told me I finally complete my background check. And they are doing final review. But they don't how long that will take.