+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PNP - PR - Jan-Feb-March 2016 Applicants

Unsung

Jun 13, 2016
kulmanik said:
Information for work permit extension that might help you guys.

I was crossing the border (Peace Arch border near Vancouver/Surrey) last week and I asked the Officer about work permit extension as my work permit expires in April 2017.

The Officer told me that I can apply for the extension but i do not have to if I do not plan on leaving the country.

I will be under applied status by default as i have applied for pr and also given my medical. So I can continue working without any extension till i get a result from CIC for my PR.

Again I am not allowed to exit the country after my permit expires and till I get my PR.

Also, if any one of you guys call CIC, please ask them the same question. No need to waste $500 for a permit that you wont even use after you get the PR
Makes sense though

moneywater

Dec 10, 2012
Canada
NOC Code......
[color=blue]2241[/color]
App. Filed.......
03-03-2016
AOR Received.
22-04-2016
Med's Request
24-02-2017
Med's Done....
08-03-2017
Passport Req..
XX-XX-2017
LANDED..........
already in!!
kulmanik said:

I was crossing the border (Peace Arch border near Vancouver/Surrey) last week and I asked the Officer about work permit extension as my work permit expires in April 2017.

The Officer told me that I can apply for the extension but i do not have to if I do not plan on leaving the country.

I will be under applied status by default as i have applied for pr and also given my medical. So I can continue working without any extension till i get a result from CIC for my PR.

Again I am not allowed to exit the country after my permit expires and till I get my PR.

Also, if any one of you guys call CIC, please ask them the same question. No need to waste $500 for a permit that you wont even use after you get the PR
The question is how will you do flagpoling, if you have no status in canada when the PR comes, shouldn't you need to have a legal status in canada to do the flagpoling??

kulmanik

Star Member
Feb 29, 2016
B.C.
Visa Office......
Nova Scotia
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
11-01-2016
Med's Request
13-01-2017
Med's Done....
18-01-2017
Passport Req..
waiting
VISA ISSUED...
waiting
moneywater said:
The question is how will you do flagpoling, if you have no status in canada when the PR comes, shouldn't you need to have a legal status in canada to do the flagpoling??
You can still flagpole because you do not leave the country, also if you go to flagpole you are already a PR at that time.

Also if you have US visa you can go and come back with a PR Status to Canada.

I am just saying all the options I can think. :)

Rajveer

Star Member
Aug 1, 2009
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14/10/2014[Bc PNP]
Nomination.....
25/11/2015
AOR Received.
22/01/2016
Med's Request
01/02/2016
Med's Done....
04/02/2016
Passport Req..
26/04/2016
VISA ISSUED...
01/05/2017
LANDED..........
09/05/2017
kulmanik said:

Makes Sense..

here is another thing I heard from the officer.. I have been in Canada since 09 and my file has been processing for a while now.. he told me I do not need a medical and cic will directly ask for my passport when they are processing my PR application which they already have been since the past year. Although I still choose to not believe that I should not have to apply for my medical.. it is kinda interesting what each CIC officer has to say.. almost like they just choose to say whatever they feel like saying

parvisingh

Nov 24, 2014
California
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
24-07-2017
They can sell you anything if things are not in writing and you will have no way to prove.

When you get in trouble you are on your own. I hate to say this "but pay the money just to be safe" and get the documentation as a backup.

Rajveer said:
Makes Sense..

here is another thing I heard from the officer.. I have been in Canada since 09 and my file has been processing for a while now.. he told me I do not need a medical and cic will directly ask for my passport when they are processing my PR application which they already have been since the past year. Although I still choose to not believe that I should not have to apply for my medical.. it is kinda interesting what each CIC officer has to say.. almost like they just choose to say whatever they feel like saying

Nick20099

Nov 26, 2016
I got request for medical and Landing fee in month of august
I paid my fee and medical done in month of September
after that i did not hear any thing from CIC
Waiting for PPR
when i sent email to CIC last month and i got reply last week from CIC that your routine BG check is remain on going,we will contact u as soon as

kulmanik

Star Member
Feb 29, 2016
B.C.
Visa Office......
Nova Scotia
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
11-01-2016
Med's Request
13-01-2017
Med's Done....
18-01-2017
Passport Req..
waiting
VISA ISSUED...
waiting
parvisingh said:
They can sell you anything if things are not in writing and you will have no way to prove.

When you get in trouble you are on your own. I hate to say this "but pay the money just to be safe" and get the documentation as a backup.
Well I am pretty confident for the applied status.

Hopefully all the Jan Applicants get the PPR before April anyways.

Good Luck to all.

alicecorbie

Sep 6, 2016
Saskatoon
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa CPC
NOC Code......
7***
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-01-2016
Nomination.....
08-12-2015
AOR Received.
14-03-2016
Med's Request
14-01-2017
Med's Done....
19-12-2016
Passport Req..
20-04-2017
VISA ISSUED...
-------------
LANDED..........
(Inland; SK)
Baanayaad said:
No you can apply anytime if your work permit expires within 4 months. Mine expires on May 7, thus I have already applied for a BOWP.
Why "No"? ;D I said "up to 30 days".

moneywater

Dec 10, 2012
Canada
NOC Code......
[color=blue]2241[/color]
App. Filed.......
03-03-2016
AOR Received.
22-04-2016
Med's Request
24-02-2017
Med's Done....
08-03-2017
Passport Req..
XX-XX-2017
LANDED..........
already in!!
kulmanik said:
You can still flagpole because you do not leave the country, also if you go to flagpole you are already a PR at that time.

Also if you have US visa you can go and come back with a PR Status to Canada.

I am just saying all the options I can think. :)
Is this written somewhere on the cic website?? coz i'm skeptical that we can flagpole with no status in canada. Also my permit expires in april 2017 and I'm planning to renew it next month. PR is still in processing and expecting MR by next month.

So as per you are saying i don't need to extend the permit??

kulmanik

Star Member
Feb 29, 2016
B.C.
Visa Office......
Nova Scotia
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
11-01-2016
Med's Request
13-01-2017
Med's Done....
18-01-2017
Passport Req..
waiting
VISA ISSUED...
waiting
moneywater said:
Is this written somewhere on the cic website?? coz i'm skeptical that we can flagpole with no status in canada. Also my permit expires in april 2017 and I'm planning to renew it next month. PR is still in processing and expecting MR by next month.

So as per you are saying i don't need to extend the permit??
As per the officer at the border, if you do not plan on traveling outside canada you do not have to extend.

Just call CIC maybe they can answer the question better. But make sure you ask about applied status and update me as well. Thanks.

meanjoe

Star Member
Apr 15, 2016
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
05-02-2016
Doc's Request.
12-09-2016
Nomination.....
26-11-2015
AOR Received.
14-04-2016
Med's Request
01-02-2017
Med's Done....
03-02-2017
lehbes said:
Well,

I received a second GCMS notes. No changes at all:
- Eligibility "passed" (updated on 21 of October last year)
- Criminality "in Process" (updated on 21 of October last year)
- Medical "in Process" ( changed on 21 of October last year)
- Security " Not started"

On the last page of notes I found one interesting information concerning the police certificate of my wife, such as ''''''ACTION ITEMS''''''-----Spouse----PC---"The name of her home country"----__________ next information is hidden and I can not read it due a Privacy Act. I think that is why our Criminality status still shows "In Process" and Background on My CIC account shows "In Progress". They did not ask us to provide them any information, looks like they do their own investigation.

Any related experience?
Was there any record in her police certificate?

You may want to find the other keywords like: adverse, criminality decision on hold, additional info required, or so...
Since it's brought forwarded anyway, the case will be reviewed in security stage again if you have any problem.

In my case, I had one, which deemed to be rehab. I attached court records.
I also know a case that the PA got requested to go through rehab process, which took another 6 months. As soon as he got approved rehab, his decision was made.

moneywater

Dec 10, 2012
Canada
NOC Code......
[color=blue]2241[/color]
App. Filed.......
03-03-2016
AOR Received.
22-04-2016
Med's Request
24-02-2017
Med's Done....
08-03-2017
Passport Req..
XX-XX-2017
LANDED..........
already in!!
kulmanik said:
As per the officer at the border, if you do not plan on traveling outside canada you do not have to extend.

Just call CIC maybe they can answer the question better. But make sure you ask about applied status.
Is it Implied status you are saying?? coz I have never heard about applied status.

kulmanik

Star Member
Feb 29, 2016
B.C.
Visa Office......
Nova Scotia
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
11-01-2016
Med's Request
13-01-2017
Med's Done....
18-01-2017
Passport Req..
waiting
VISA ISSUED...
waiting
moneywater said:
Is it Implied status you are saying?? coz I have never heard about applied status.
Yes, Sorry i meant Implied status. :)

moneywater

Dec 10, 2012
Canada
NOC Code......
[color=blue]2241[/color]
App. Filed.......
03-03-2016
AOR Received.
22-04-2016
Med's Request
24-02-2017
Med's Done....
08-03-2017
Passport Req..
XX-XX-2017
LANDED..........
already in!!
kulmanik said:
Yes, Sorry i meant Implied status. :)
I just talked to a CIC agent, and he confirmed that there is no implied status for PR applicants. They should have a legal status in canada while doing flagpoling, means they have to apply for permit extension before doing the flagpoling.

He said that implied status will be considered only if the applicant have applied for the extension of their stay and its in processing(no decision made yet for permit extension), but in the mean time the applicant receives PR. Then only border will consider that as an implied status.

In all other cases, the applicant needs to have a legal status.

worldvision

Jun 30, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 18, 2016
Doc's Request.
Aug 30, 2016
AOR Received.
Mar 29, 2016
IELTS Request
N/A
Med's Request
Feb 1, 2017
Med's Done....
Feb 8, 2017; Pass Med on Feb 14, 2017
Passport Req..
April 21, 2017
moneywater said:
I just talked to a CIC agent, and he confirmed that there is no implied status for PR applicants. They should have a legal status in canada while doing flagpoling, means they have to apply for permit extension before doing the flagpoling.

He said that implied status will be considered only if the applicant have applied for the extension of their stay and its in processing(no decision made yet for permit extension), but in the mean time the applicant receives PR. Then only border will consider that as an implied status.

In all other cases, the applicant needs to have a legal status.
Hi,

May I know which phone number should we call CIC. I would like to contact about MR :'( . Thank you.