+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PNP - PR - Jan-Feb-March 2015 Applicants!

Sask_Can2015

Star Member
Jan 22, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-01-2015 SINP
Doc's Request.
05-02-2015 SINP
Nomination.....
25-08-2015
AOR Received.
01-12-2015
IELTS Request
Submitted with application
Med's Request
22-12-2016
Med's Done....
26-12-2016 Re-medical
Passport Req..
05-01-2017
VISA ISSUED...
19/01/2017
LANDED..........
May be April, 2017
After your note i wanted to also visit my postbox (my mailing address at ups) but in a while I got my MR too today luckily through email but i will check my postbox once a week to make sure no surprises from cic through regular mail.

Good luck to your medicals.
[/quote]

Congratulations..... ;)

ak2

Star Member
Jun 24, 2015
Tushky said:
I am a Feb applicant and just waiting for my PPR and they refused my work permit and I have to leave Canada. Does it affect processing time of my application If I go back to my home country???
I'm not sure, but it is possible that in the "Landing" process the officer checks all your previous records and permits/visas. The officer could reject your Permanent Residency based on the fact you being in Canada illegally.

However, as I said, I'm not an immigration lawyer and don't know what's best to do.

BTW, are you eligible to apply for a work permit again as "restoration of status" i.e., within the 90 days passed the expiry date of your work permit? If so, that might be a solution.

heroforest

Apr 30, 2015
Tushky said:
I am a Feb applicant and just waiting for my PPR and they refused my work permit and I have to leave Canada. Does it affect processing time of my application If I go back to my home country???
Why they rejected you? Any specific reason? What was your old WP? An open work permit? Did you apply BOWP before your current work permit expired? Thanks

ak2

Star Member
Jun 24, 2015
One more thing, if you are a PNP (Provincial Nominee Program) applicant, you cannot apply for a "Bridge Open Work Permit". They would reject it.

PNP applicants must apply for "LMIA Exempt Open Work Permit".

heroforest

Apr 30, 2015
ak2 said:
One more thing, if you are a PNP (Provincial Nominee Program) applicant, you cannot apply for a "Bridge Open Work Permit". They would reject it.

PNP applicants must apply for "LMIA Exempt Open Work Permit".
What? I am sure, as state on CIC website, PNP is eligible for BWOP!! Why do you say they will reject, please clarify, thx!

ak2

Star Member
Jun 24, 2015
heroforest said:
What? I am sure, as state on CIC website, PNP is eligible for BWOP!! Why do you say they will reject, please clarify, thx!
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/temp/work/prov/bridging.asp

"Qualifying foreign nationals currently in Canada who meet program eligibility requirements may be considered for a work permit to bridge the gap between the expiry of their current work permitand the final decision on their application for permanent residence (APR). They must have submitted an application for permanent residence under one of the following classes:

the federal skilled worker class (FSWC);
the Canadian experience class (CEC);
the federal skilled trades class (FSTC);
the caring for children class or the caring for people with high medical needs class; or
the provincial nominee class (PNC), for applicants for whom there are no employer restrictions on nominations.

Note: Foreign nationals in the Provincial Nominee Program (PNP) are eligible for a BOWP only if they have provided a copy of the nomination letter issued by the nominating province or territory along with their application and there is no indication that employment restrictions exist as conditions of the nomination."

So basically it depends on how you got your nomination letter. If you got it via the province as an skilled worker (your employer has sponsored you i.e., gave you the job offer letter etc.) then you are not eligible for BOWP but if you got it as s student i.e., there is no employer restrictions on the nomination letter; then you're good with BOWP.

However, in either case it's safe to apply for LMIA exempt open work permit. Although, in this case the employer needs to pay a fee! (about $200)

honeymai

Star Member
Apr 27, 2015
Inland
Category........
Visa Office......
Novia Scotia
NOC Code......
B
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-01-2015
Doc's Request.
20-09-201$
AOR Received.
15-04-2015
IELTS Request
No
File Transfer...
No
Med's Request
May ,2015
Med's Done....
June 1, 2015
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
ak2 said:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/temp/work/prov/bridging.asp

"Qualifying foreign nationals currently in Canada who meet program eligibility requirements may be considered for a work permit to bridge the gap between the expiry of their current work permitand the final decision on their application for permanent residence (APR). They must have submitted an application for permanent residence under one of the following classes:

the caring for children class or the caring for people with high medical needs class; or
the provincial nominee class (PNC), for applicants for whom there are no employer restrictions on nominations.

Note: Foreign nationals in the Provincial Nominee Program (PNP) are eligible for a BOWP only if they have provided a copy of the nomination letter issued by the nominating province or territory along with their application and there is no indication that employment restrictions exist as conditions of the nomination."

So basically it depends on how you got your nomination letter. If you got it via the province as an skilled worker (your employer has sponsored you i.e., gave you the job offer letter etc.) then you are not eligible for BOWP but if you got it as s student i.e., there is no employer restrictions on the nomination letter; then you're good with BOWP.

However, in either case it's safe to apply for LMIA exempt open work permit. Although, in this case the employer needs to pay a fee! (about $200)
I agree. Pnp nominated through employer will be rejected... That's what happened to us that's why we went through the restoration. Secondly, We also tried the LMIA exempt but it was returned because we missed a $100 payment for the open work permit for my wife and r permit was already expired when it was returned. The 3rd time we tried extending our permit was when we were done with medicals and that's the only support doc we provided wid cic. Permit got approved after 4mos. This is the most credible so far. BOWP is kinda tricky for us Pnp

ramsuperstar

Nov 18, 2015
Provinces and territories may include an employer or the name of the occupation and the National Occupational Classification (NOC) code, and still indicate that there are no employment restrictions. In these cases, the applicants are eligible for an open work permit, provided they meet the other eligibility criteria. A separate letter from the applicant or the nominating province to confirm that no employment restrictions exist should not be requested.

PROV/TERR STREAM: SKILL IMMIRATION

EMPLOYER(IF APPLICABLE): XYZ

NAME OF OCCUPATION: XYZ

RESTRICTION ON EMPLOYMENT: NO

SO I NEED TO CLARIFY WITH YOU GUYS WHETHER I AM ELGIBLE FOR BOWP?

STILL EMPLOYER SHOULD PAY COMPILENCE FEE $230?

Thanks

kazek

Dec 30, 2015
ak2 said:

Hello, I have on my Nominee Letter something like this:

The applicant has the documented training and experience to be employable in occupations related to NOC 7265 Welders and Related Machine Operators. The applicant has been working with Manitoba employer since October 2013 has a long term offer of employment from the same employer. On these bases, the applicant has demonstrated the intent ability to establish successfully in Manitoba and contribute to the economy of this province

So may I apply through BOWP? I think yes, but I want to make sure....

ak2

Star Member
Jun 24, 2015
ramsuperstar said:
Provinces and territories may include an employer or the name of the occupation and the National Occupational Classification (NOC) code, and still indicate that there are no employment restrictions. In these cases, the applicants are eligible for an open work permit, provided they meet the other eligibility criteria. A separate letter from the applicant or the nominating province to confirm that no employment restrictions exist should not be requested.

PROV/TERR STREAM: SKILL IMMIRATION

EMPLOYER(IF APPLICABLE): XYZ

NAME OF OCCUPATION: XYZ

RESTRICTION ON EMPLOYMENT: NO

SO I NEED TO CLARIFY WITH YOU GUYS WHETHER I AM ELGIBLE FOR BOWP?

STILL EMPLOYER SHOULD PAY COMPILENCE FEE $230?

Thanks
As I mentioned before, I'm not an immigration lawyer so no matter what I say you'd better consult with a lawyer.

If it says "No Restriction on Employment" then you should be good with BOWP.

However, to me, this is a kind of grey area and it's ultimately the officer's decision. So, if you could get the employer pay the"Complience Fee" then it's safer to go with LMIA Exempt Work Permit. If not then BOWP should work.

Nice12

Nov 23, 2015
abhishek22ize said:
Hi, can anyone please help me with WP extension. I have MPNP, EP and I want a open WP. Can I apply without LMIA because I have EP now. I applied for support letter from MPNP because CIC asked me. I am sure the Suport letter is not limited to my employer.
did you apply for bridging open wp?