+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PNP PR IN-LAND PAPER-BASED APPLICANTS 2017- Let's Connect Here

vikassaharan

Apr 11, 2019
No it is an update sign on GCkey. If you log into GCkey it will show “application updated” but when you click to see what’s changed, nothing is changed. When you log out and log in again, the status is back to “submitted”. People call it ghost update as no real update was made but only the status shows update. Hope this helps.
Do you also get an automatic email from CIC for ghost update or not?

Maankaur

Jun 12, 2018
How can i findout if my Immigration lawyer receive any e-mail or anything about update on my file .Like other people are getting ghost update .
  1. We received your application for permanent residence on November 27, 2017.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on January 25, 2018.
  3. We started processing your application on January 25, 2018.
  4. We sent you medical instructions on May 7, 2018. To avoid delays, please provide us the information requested in the letter as soon as possible. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.
  5. Medical results have been received.
  6. We sent you correspondence on June 28, 2018. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.

Bade2145

Star Member
Oct 10, 2018
How can i findout if my Immigration lawyer receive any e-mail or anything about update on my file .Like other people are getting ghost update .
  1. We received your application for permanent residence on November 27, 2017.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on January 25, 2018.
  3. We started processing your application on January 25, 2018.
  4. We sent you medical instructions on May 7, 2018. To avoid delays, please provide us the information requested in the letter as soon as possible. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.
  5. Medical results have been received.
  6. We sent you correspondence on June 28, 2018. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.

I think you have a ghost update already. If you have been paying attention, you would have noticed the no 4 has changed to “medical instructions “ instead of the previous “correspondence” that was there before. I may be wrong in your case but that is what I have observed in many other cases.
When you get a ghost update, they will change the correspondence to specifically medical.

Maankaur

Jun 12, 2018
I think you have a ghost update already. If you have been paying attention, you would have noticed the no 4 has changed to “medical instructions “ instead of the previous “correspondence” that was there before. I may be wrong in your case but that is what I have observed in many other cases.
When you get a ghost update, they will change the correspondence to specifically medical.
but it is like this from JUne 2018 . nothing changed ..

DaniS90

Star Member
Jan 17, 2019
Mine has always said 'medical instructions'

Reactions: Bade2145

Prg.7778

Star Member
Apr 26, 2019

Thanks I hope the ghost update is about security. But my medical is expiring soon. Not sure if the update is about medical. Hope all the 2017 applicants can get it very soon. Just so frustrating
Just got a ghost update in my account.....
Hopefully get the golden email tomorrow or next week.....

I'm Dec 11 2017 applicant....

I'm very excited!!!
Congrats. What is your full timeline?

Bade2145

Star Member
Oct 10, 2018
Just called IRCC and I was lucky because the agent was so nice. She told me I passed the security two days ago and they will try to extend my medical as it is expiring this month.
Pls can you share the contact number of IRCC you called. Thanks a lot.