+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PNP PR IN-LAND PAPER-BASED APPLICANTS 2017- Let's Connect Here

Aug 12, 2011
You can do it on your own online. I'm not sure about processing it at the border. I read that getting an open work permit at the border is kind of complicated, but I am not sure. I don't know if it is only a rumor. I extended my post-graduate work permit at the border and I got it closed as your, sponsored by my employer . My friends, who had to renew their work permits, they did online and their employer did not pay the fee. That is why the received an open work permit. Since you have your file number you have the right to apply to a bridge work permit.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/work-canada/extend-permit/bridging-open-work-permit.html
My PNP work support letter explicitly specifies that it is LMIA exempt (exception code T13) and therefore closed and employer restricted, which is why my original work permit required a compliance fee paid through the employer portal. I'm just wondering whether the compliance fee needs to be paid again for the new work permit. There doesn't seem to be any information about it online. But my guess is it probably will.

Grechy7

Apr 12, 2018
My PNP work support letter explicitly specifies that it is LMIA exempt (exception code T13) and therefore closed and employer restricted, which is why my original work permit required a compliance fee paid through the employer portal. I'm just wondering whether the compliance fee needs to be paid again for the new work permit. There doesn't seem to be any information about it online. But my guess is it probably will.
I know. My work permit is closed too. Since you already have your file number you can apply for a bridge work permit. Your employer doesn't have to pay any fee. You will pay it on your own. Since your employer is not paying any fee, your work permit will be open. In my case, by the time that I received my provincial nomination my post-graduate work permit was about to expire and I didn't have time to get the file number, that is why my employer had to sponsor my extension and I couldn't get a bridge work permit.

Take a look here.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/work-canada/extend-permit/bridging-open-work-permit.html

A

abdisarockstar

FYI everyone,

Someone i know who applied PR in July 2017 got her PPR couple of days ago.
Don't know her full timeline.
I also read a few more people applying in June/July and having their AORs in August 2017 getting their PRs this month. Going by that I’m 2 months away. :D :p I wish

vd5724

Star Member
Sep 19, 2017
Hi guys!!

Here is my timeline
FR. OCTOBER 24 2017
AOR. DECEMBER 27 2017
MR. APRIL 12 2018
MP. APRIL 26 2018
RPRF. MAY 2018
PRE ARRIVAL. MAY 31 2018
WAITING FOR PPR

RECEIVED GCMS NOTES ON AUGUST 20 2018
ELIGIBILITY PASSED
CRIMINALITY PASSED
MEDICAL PASSED
SECURITY
LOCATION. READY FOR PS
Hi,
My time line is almost the same, a day before you or so,
I haven't received anything yet.

bsht

Jun 8, 2016
I received a Landing Appointment today! This is instead of PPR. They instructed me to bring passports/photos to receive CoPR in the IRCC office.

OINP Foreign Worker Stream Inland

Timeline:
Nov 15, 2017 - application received
Jan 18, 2018 - AOR
Jul 24, 2018 - MR
Aug 7 - Medical
Aug 20 MR passed
Aug 28 - Newborn daughter update send
Sep 20-21 - Decision made
Oct 10 - Landing invitation to IRCC office received

tobby163

Apr 19, 2017
winnipeg
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
sydney
Job Offer........
Yes
Nomination.....
06-07-2017
AOR Received.
09-25-2018
IELTS Request
no
File Transfer...
26-1002018
Med's Request
11-07-2018
Med's Done....
18-07-2018
Interview........
no
Passport Req..
12-02-2019
VISA ISSUED...
waiting
LANDED..........
waiting
I received a Landing Appointment today! This is instead of PPR. They instructed me to bring passports/photos to receive CoPR in the IRCC office.

Timeline:
Jan 18, 2018 - AOR
Jul 24, 2018 - MR
Aug 7 - Medical
Aug 20 MR passed
Congrats!
Hope we get out PPR or DM soon! Fingers crossed!

abbytronix

Star Member
Sep 3, 2015

Timeline:
Jan 18, 2018 - AOR
Jul 24, 2018 - MR
Aug 7 - Medical
Aug 20 MR passed

This is awesome!!!! Congrats!..
Just wondering did you use Lawyer or you submitted the application by your self.

appleleave

Sep 17, 2018
Hi Guys, just got an email from Case Processing Centre Ottawa saying that my PR application is "almost complete" and that I need to send in passport photos, within the next 30 days. But I am very confusing because my CIC account still showing that i am under background check, so wondering what should I do, is this a hoax email???????

Dear XXX,
The processing of your application for permanent residence in Canada is almost complete. You must complete the following steps within 30 days in order for our office to issue your Confirmation of Permanent Residence and, if applicable, permanent residence visa. If for any reason you are not able to meet this deadline, please inform us immediately by email to: CPC-CTD-Ottawa@cic.gc.ca with details concerning your situation.

STEP 1: UPDATE YOUR APPLICATION

If any of the following conditions apply, you must inform us immediately via email CPC-CTD-Ottawa@cic.gc.ca.

· Marriage or common-law union, divorce, annulment, legal separation;

· Death of the sponsor, the principal applicant or any accompanying family member;

· Birth or adoption of a child, including grandchildren born to dependent children;

· You, the principal applicant, or any of your family members have been charged or convicted of a criminal offence.

STEP 2: DETERMINE IF YOU NEED TO SUBMIT YOUR PASSPORT(S)

· Determine if you are holder of passport(s) from countries whose citizens need a visa or an Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA) to travel to Canada, by checking this website:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/visit/visas-all.asp.

· If you are holder of passport(s) from countries whose citizens need a visa to travel to Canada, you will need to submit the passport for you and for each accompanying family member. Your passport(s) should be valid for at least 6 months and have at least two blank pages. If a child is included on your passport, you must have one blank page per accompanying child. Please note that you STILL need to submit the passport even if:

o You have a valid Canadian temporary residence visa.

o You are a permanent resident of the U.S.A AND holder of passport from countries whose citizens need a visa to travel to Canada.

· If you are holder of passport(s) from countries whose citizens need an eTA to travel to Canada or a holder of passport(s) from the United States, you will need to submit one photocopy of the photo page and any pages containing amendments of the passport for you and for each accompanying family member. Please do not send your original passport(s). Your passport(s) should be valid for at least 6 months.

Please note that these instructions apply to passport holders from Mexico as well, who, as of December 1, 2016 , do not require a visa to enter Canada.

***Please note that Confirmation of Permanent Residence and permanent residence visas cannot be issued to holders of Diplomatic, Official or Military passports. You must have an ordinary passport.***

STEP 3: PREPARE YOUR DOCUMENTS

1. Passport(s) OR photocopy(ies) of passport(s), as explained in Step 2.

2. Two (2) photos of yourself and of each accompanying family member. See our specifications at www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/pdf/5445EB-e.pdf

3. One pre-paid return envelope so that we can return your passport(s) and Confirmation of Permanent Residence documents. See Step 4 for instructions regarding the return envelope.

CPC-CTD-Ottawa@cic.gc.ca so that we can send you instructions for submitting your documents to a visa office which is the most convenient for you. Please note that our office will not return passports to an address outside North America.

· If you have a mailing address in Canada:

- The pre-paid Xpresspost envelope must be from Canada Post. Please note that we will not return documents to a Canadian address via any other courier.

- Submit all documents by mail in a single package and send to the following address:

CPCO – PR VISA

Passports Submission

PO Box 8781 STN T CSC

Ottawa ON

K1G 4B9

DO NOT FILL OUT THE ADDRESS SECTION ON YOUR CANADA POST RETURN ENVELOPE.

· If you have a mailing address in the U.S.A.:

- A copy of a Self-Addressed FedEx, UPS or Purolator shipping label should be provided for the return of your documents. Please purchase a shipping label online or in store for FedEx/UPS/Purolator which includes transportation fees. If you need guidance on how to purchase the FedEx shipping label online, please send an email to us at CPC-CTD-Ottawa@cic.gc.ca.

- Submit all documents by mail in a single package and send to the following address:

CPCO – PR VISA

US Permanent /Temporary Residence VISA/Passports

365 Laurier Av. West

Ottawa ON

K1A 1L1

COMPLETE ANNEX A FOUND AT THE END OF THIS DOCUMENT AND SUBMIT IT WITH YOUR DOCUMENTS.

Regards,

Case Processing Centre – Ottawa

Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada

Government of Canada

www.cic.gc.ca

Last edited:

tobby163

Apr 19, 2017
winnipeg
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
sydney
Job Offer........
Yes
Nomination.....
06-07-2017
AOR Received.
09-25-2018
IELTS Request
no
File Transfer...
26-1002018
Med's Request
11-07-2018
Med's Done....
18-07-2018
Interview........
no
Passport Req..
12-02-2019
VISA ISSUED...
waiting
LANDED..........
waiting
First, Congrats!
I used to have heard some guys meet this situation and just do follow the instructions and send their passport to Ottawa, then couple days later, their CIC status updated to be normal. But I am not so sure, just read this case in some post.

Reactions: appleleave

appleleave

Sep 17, 2018
Hi Guys, just got an email from Case Processing Centre Ottawa saying that my PR application is "almost complete" and that I need to send in passport photos, within the next 30 days. But I am very confusing because my CIC account still showing that i am under background check, so wondering what should I do, is this a hoax email???????

Dear XXX,
The processing of your application for permanent residence in Canada is almost complete. You must complete the following steps within 30 days in order for our office to issue your Confirmation of Permanent Residence and, if applicable, permanent residence visa. If for any reason you are not able to meet this deadline, please inform us immediately by email to: CPC-CTD-Ottawa@cic.gc.ca with details concerning your situation.

STEP 1: UPDATE YOUR APPLICATION

If any of the following conditions apply, you must inform us immediately via email CPC-CTD-Ottawa@cic.gc.ca.

· Marriage or common-law union, divorce, annulment, legal separation;

· Death of the sponsor, the principal applicant or any accompanying family member;

· Birth or adoption of a child, including grandchildren born to dependent children;

· You, the principal applicant, or any of your family members have been charged or convicted of a criminal offence.

STEP 2: DETERMINE IF YOU NEED TO SUBMIT YOUR PASSPORT(S)

· Determine if you are holder of passport(s) from countries whose citizens need a visa or an Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA) to travel to Canada, by checking this website:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/visit/visas-all.asp.

· If you are holder of passport(s) from countries whose citizens need a visa to travel to Canada, you will need to submit the passport for you and for each accompanying family member. Your passport(s) should be valid for at least 6 months and have at least two blank pages. If a child is included on your passport, you must have one blank page per accompanying child. Please note that you STILL need to submit the passport even if:

o You have a valid Canadian temporary residence visa.

o You are a permanent resident of the U.S.A AND holder of passport from countries whose citizens need a visa to travel to Canada.

· If you are holder of passport(s) from countries whose citizens need an eTA to travel to Canada or a holder of passport(s) from the United States, you will need to submit one photocopy of the photo page and any pages containing amendments of the passport for you and for each accompanying family member. Please do not send your original passport(s). Your passport(s) should be valid for at least 6 months.

Please note that these instructions apply to passport holders from Mexico as well, who, as of December 1, 2016 , do not require a visa to enter Canada.

***Please note that Confirmation of Permanent Residence and permanent residence visas cannot be issued to holders of Diplomatic, Official or Military passports. You must have an ordinary passport.***

STEP 3: PREPARE YOUR DOCUMENTS

1. Passport(s) OR photocopy(ies) of passport(s), as explained in Step 2.

2. Two (2) photos of yourself and of each accompanying family member. See our specifications at www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/pdf/5445EB-e.pdf

3. One pre-paid return envelope so that we can return your passport(s) and Confirmation of Permanent Residence documents. See Step 4 for instructions regarding the return envelope.

CPC-CTD-Ottawa@cic.gc.ca so that we can send you instructions for submitting your documents to a visa office which is the most convenient for you. Please note that our office will not return passports to an address outside North America.

· If you have a mailing address in Canada:

- The pre-paid Xpresspost envelope must be from Canada Post. Please note that we will not return documents to a Canadian address via any other courier.

CPCO – PR VISA

Passports Submission

PO Box 8781 STN T CSC

Ottawa ON

K1G 4B9

DO NOT FILL OUT THE ADDRESS SECTION ON YOUR CANADA POST RETURN ENVELOPE.

· If you have a mailing address in the U.S.A.:

- A copy of a Self-Addressed FedEx, UPS or Purolator shipping label should be provided for the return of your documents. Please purchase a shipping label online or in store for FedEx/UPS/Purolator which includes transportation fees. If you need guidance on how to purchase the FedEx shipping label online, please send an email to us at CPC-CTD-Ottawa@cic.gc.ca.

CPCO – PR VISA

US Permanent /Temporary Residence VISA/Passports

365 Laurier Av. West

Ottawa ON

K1A 1L1

COMPLETE ANNEX A FOUND AT THE END OF THIS DOCUMENT AND SUBMIT IT WITH YOUR DOCUMENTS.

Regards,

Case Processing Centre – Ottawa

Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada

Government of Canada

www.cic.gc.ca
I just checked my status through online application status, it says Decision Made.

Reactions: KKK.f and tobby163

tobby163

Apr 19, 2017
winnipeg
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
sydney
Job Offer........
Yes
Nomination.....
06-07-2017