+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PNP PR IN-LAND PAPER-BASED APPLICANTS 2017- Let's Connect Here

mitchcrease

Star Member
Jul 12, 2018
Maybe this is helpful:

How much time does it take to get PR for Canada after medical?

(https://www.quora.com/How-much-time-does-it-take-to-get-PR-for-Canada-after-medical)

It really varies from applicant to applicant. But what I have seen is that, on an average it takes anywhere about 2–3 months.

Generally, your application will follow the below path after the submission.

BG: Not Applicable (NA1)

Medical passed – (MEP)

BG: In Progress (IP1) – R10 check is done here.

BG: Not Applicable (NA2) – Eligibility check is done here.

BG: In Progress (IP2) –

BG: Not Applicable (NA3) – Sometimes this doesn’t come

PPR: Passport Request

CoPR: Confirmation of Permanent Residence

So it is in below order

AOR – NA1 – MEP – IP1 – NA2 – IP3 – NA3 – PPR – CoPR

AOR: This is a letter you will get within 24 hours after submission of your PR application.

NA1: “Not applicable“. This will be your BG status message as soon as you submit and get AOR. Typically, this will be status till the time you get your medical passed status.

MEP: “You passed the medical exam“. This will generally happen after approx 25-30 days after your AOR. For PNP applicants it can take more time generally.

IP1: This will happen one or two days after your medical. Sometimes on the same day itself. BG status message in this stage will be “Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start your background check.”. CIC agents will do R10, criminality checks during this stage. Once they feel everything is good then they will change it to NA. These things will happen at CIO Office (Centralized Intake Office).

NA2: “Not applicable“. This will signify that IP1 is completed. Sometimes IP1 will take few hours and if we have not checked our account during the time it was in IP1, it won’t be possible to know that we are in NA1 or NA2. Our file will be transferred to CPC (Case Processing Center) where agents will do eligibility assessments. If they feel everything is okay, then they will provide their recommendation to Visa Officer and same time they will initiate Security Checks.

IP2: BG status message in this stage will be “We are processing your background check. we will send you a message if we need more information.“. Visa Officer starts reviewing or after reviewing all agents recommendations. On the same day, PPR request will be triggered if the applicant paid RPRF up front. These things will be done at CPC office.

NA3: “Not applicable“. This will signify that IP2 is completed. This status is not visible is many cases and direct PPR request is placed from IP2.

PPR: Passport Request. You will get an email for that and you may not get an update in your CIC account for this.

ADR: Sometimes an additional document is requested in IP1 or IP2 stage.

Good luck!
Mine is totally not in that order

vasuv001

Apr 17, 2014
India
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
hello friends,

my company is suggest me to go for pnp paper based (bc Pnp skilled worker stream). they told me to inform once i get selected in the draw. so i have to wait for my score to get selected. or is it adviseable to apply after one year.

In case if i start an paper based application, what if i get selected in ee can i cancel the paper based and go for EE.

Actually how long does it takes for PNP PAPER BASED.

pls input ur valuable suggestions

cheers

maicha

Star Member
Feb 26, 2013
SK
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
ottawa
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
Feb 2017
Doc's Request.
June 2017
Nomination.....
Nov 2016
AOR Received.
April 2017
Med's Request
February 28 2018/ March 12 2018
Med's Done....
06-03-2018/ May 17, 2018 PASSED
Passport Req..
01-06-2018
ANYONE GOING TO EXIT/FLAGPOLE ON SASKATCHEWAN BORDER ON JULY 30 AND OR 31, I AM WILLING TO SHARE GAS PLEASE AND THANKS I CAN MEET YOU IN PRINCE ALBERT OR SASKATOON.

Last edited:

Ann_7

Star Member
Feb 20, 2018
Category........
PNP
Job Offer........
Yes
this only applies to EE, not paper-based applications. I don't know why it's posted here
Hi lileka, do you know what it means if an inland's application has been from Sydney to Winnipeg's CIC office? I applied through SINP and send additional documents (which CIC did not request) via the web form and received a message from Winnipeg's CIC office... Many thanks!

lileka

Sep 20, 2017
Hi lileka, do you know what it means if an inland's application has been from Sydney to Winnipeg's CIC office? I applied through SINP and send additional documents (which CIC did not request) via the web form and received a message from Winnipeg's CIC office... Many thanks!
I'm not 100% sure, but from what I read they send some applications to regional offices to relieve the workload at CPC in Ottawa and process applications faster.

Ann_7

Star Member
Feb 20, 2018
Category........
PNP
Job Offer........
Yes
I'm not 100% sure, but from what I read they send some applications to regional offices to relieve the workload at CPC in Ottawa and process applications faster.
Thanks for your reply lileka! Hope you hear wonderful news soon.

Grechy7

Apr 12, 2018
Inland BC PNP International Graduate Program

Feb 23, 2017 App Rec'd
Apr 6, 2017 AOC
Mar 1, 2018 MR
Mar 19, 2018 MR pass
Jun 26, 2018 ghost update
Jul 4, 2018 DM in ECAS
Jul 9, 2018 PPR

Single applicant, no sponsorship. It's really a long wait. I would recommend definitely to do it by EE if you're qualified.
Congrats! Question, the DM in Ecas on July 4th was the Pre-arrival letter?

hrehouma

Star Member
Jul 20, 2018
Applied: 18 September 2017
AOR: 16 October 2017
MR: 23 March 2018
Medical Passed: 17 April 2018
RPRF fee request and paid: 2 May 2018
Pre-arrival services letter: 4 May 2018
Still no PPR...

Looks like it's been sitting in IP2 since. I am a paper based PNP inland applicant.

Anyone knows how long I still have to wait ( Or at least approximate) ?
Also, is it worth applying for Express Entry too at this point?

Thanks guys

lileka

Sep 20, 2017
Still no PPR...

Looks like it's been sitting in IP2 since. I am a paper based PNP inland applicant.

Thanks guys
what do you mean STILL no PPR
LOL
they've just started issuing PPRs to March and April applicants.
if you want PR quicker and ok with extra money spending, it might be worth applying through EE. EE can be very quick, majority of EE applicants I know received PPR in less that 6 months.

Istanbullover

Star Member
Jun 2, 2017

Hello guys,
I got done my medical on May, I have been waiting for PPR. We will include my partner under my application. Does anyone knows that sponsorship application slow down the process of main applicant?

Thank you

Grechy7

Apr 12, 2018
Still no PPR...

Thanks guys
I saw one case from May who got PPR. You might get it soon. Did they ask you additional documents?

Grechy7

Apr 12, 2018
Still no PPR...

Thanks guys
Do you have dependents? I don't think that at this point is worthy apply for Express Entry. I understand that applicants from 2016 and the beginning of 2017 had hard time and they waited for so long, even almost 2 years (A friend of mine) But in my friend's case she lived in many countries and she had a hard time getting the criminal records of each country, plus in general the delays are matter of fact of the 40 thousand refugees that came to the country and they required processing their PR too of course. I think currently the summer delayed everything. Another friend who works in Canada Revenue told me that a big amount of officers are taking vacations and that brings delays. Hopefully you will get the PPR soon.

Reactions: hrehouma

nav1402

Oct 13, 2017
Still no PPR...

Thanks guys
Hey we have similar timeline but nothing yet for me too.
I know this is so frustrating

OINP - Inland
Application received: Sep 13, 2017
AOR: Oct 13, 2017
MR: Mar 28, 2018
MD: Mar 29, 2018
Medical Passed: Apr 6, 2018
GcKey status Updated: April 25, 2018
Eligibility and Criminality Passed : April 25, 2018
Pre-arrival email: Apr 26, 2018