+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PNP- PR ( CIC applicants SEPTEMBER and OCTOBER 2015)

Rizmo

Mar 10, 2017
Can you share your experience please..

Do they ask for a valid status?? My work permit got expired last week... and I'm planning to do my landing next week and I'm so worried.. I'm on restoration period now though I didn't apply for restoration as I was thinking doesn't make sense since I got my copr and doing my landing to validate it.. I know they will ask for all your work permit but is gonna be a problem for me having no status??? Please any advice is highly appreciated.. and congrats for your PR.

jocker

Jun 4, 2016
Rizmo said:

Do they ask for a valid status?? My work permit got expired last week... and I'm planning to do my landing next week and I'm so worried.. I'm on restoration period now though I didn't apply for restoration as I was thinking doesn't make sense since I got my copr and doing my landing to validate it.. I know they will ask for all your work permit but is gonna be a problem for me having no status??? Please any advice is highly appreciated.. and congrats for your PR.
No guarantee you will have smooth landing just because someone had it (even the one who has exactly the same situation). There are no standard behaviors of SBSA officers during this standard procedure. They will do and sign your papers anyway but there is a chance to meet an officer who will look for any issues with landing papers to get on your nerves.If I were you (considering your situation) I would do my landing in the CIC office, just to save my nerves.

umanitoba

May 30, 2015
Doe anyone have experience about asking CV and field of study? after 15 months CIC asked my CV and field of study and I don't why they need CV and field of study for security check after 15 months?? I know that for study permit they ask for your cv but for some one how applied for PR and graduated?? How long does it take from now to get the PPR?

Papa Bomboy

Jan 19, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Rizmo,

do your landing at the nearest IRCC office, do not go to the border. IRCC agents advised me to have a valid status before proceeding with the landing process(this was on the phone).

IRCC agents are very relaxed and I suspect they won't give you as much trouble as the border officials would.

Just like someone posted, we all have a different experiences for the landing process.

After you have successfully landed, we did like to hear how it went down.

Cheers, mate.

Rizmo said:

mf4361

Champion Member
Apr 17, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18 Nov 2015
Nomination.....
12 Oct 2015
AOR Received.
25 Feb 2016
IELTS Request
Sent
Med's Request
28 Oct 2016
Med's Done....
14 Nov 2016
Passport Req..
27 Feb 2017
VISA ISSUED...
15 Mar 2017
LANDED..........
16 Mar 2017
jocker said:
No guarantee you will have smooth landing just because someone had it (even the one who has exactly the same situation). There are no standart behaviors of SBSA officers during this standart procedure. They will do and sign your papers anyway but there is a chance to meet an officer who will look for any issues with landing papers to get on your nerves. I were you (considering you situation) I would do my landing in the CIC office, just to save my nerves.
That seems to be a legal consequences of leaving Canadian soil and enters again (essentially what flagpole is)

When you present yourself at the border, you will need visa or proof of legal status. If you don't have it, the officer can suspect you in overstay previously, or straight up trying to enter without visa.

You don't get that at a inland IRCC office (Which does not involve border crossing) even the procedure on IRCC's end are the same

Also see here
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=748&top=22

Alexandra25

Star Member
Jun 30, 2015
mf4361 said:
That seems to be a legal consequences of leaving Canadian soil and enters again (essentially what flagpole is)

When you present yourself at the border, you will need visa or proof of legal status. If you don't have it, the officer can suspect you in overstay previously, or straight up trying to enter without visa.

You don't get that at a inland IRCC office (Which does not involve border crossing) even the procedure on IRCC's end are the same

Also see here
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=748&top=22
You have pm from me

umanitoba

May 30, 2015
Inland Dec 2015 applicant received additional info (CV+ Supervisor name) after 15 months of waiting while other received PPR!!! any idea??? anyone in the same situation???

pafj

Nov 19, 2015
umanitoba said:
Inland Dec 2015 applicant received additional info (CV+ Supervisor name) after 15 months of waiting while other received PPR!!! any idea??? anyone in the same situation???
Yeah, it happened to me. I am Oct 2015 and I haven't receievd a DM or PPR or anything.... so unfair!

I got asked same info back in Nov 2016. still waiting

AB-AM

Nov 28, 2016
Same for me. Nov 5 Inlad applicant. Have been asked late Nov and still no DM or PPR.

pafj said:
Yeah, it happened to me. I am Oct 2015 and I haven't receievd a DM or PPR or anything.... so unfair!

rosvita

Jun 26, 2016
pafj said:

hi could you advise your field of study? are you master or PhD?

amaan008

Mar 1, 2017
can u guys share time line .I am november 23 applicant .Called cic they said background check is done and security is done waiting for final .They said u will get ur decision before sep 9 . I dont know why they are taking so much time for final review .Doesnt anyone know that

Alberta30

Star Member
Jan 8, 2016
Rizmo said:
Hi I have a question for all who landed at border do you really have to show a proof of valid status?

I'm planning to do my landing to Coutts next week, but my open work permit expired already.. I got my copr a day before my permit expires.. I tried to apply online for extension but it didn't go through due to technical problem.. so now I'm under restoration period for my status and i didn't apply for anything at all.. ( thinking that my copr is my legal status in Canada ) though I'm wondering if that's gonna be a problem having no valid status when you go the border.. but I read one from other forum that they got no any problem when they did their landing with expired work permit... And i think they will ask for all your work permit for them to keep it..

anyway if you can share your landing/flagpole experience and any advice will greatly appreciated! YES I WAS ASKED ON MARCH 3rd

Alberta30

Star Member
Jan 8, 2016
Rizmo said:

YES THEY DO AND WILL GIVE YOU A HARD TIME IF YOU DO NOT PRESENT ONE, I WOULD NOT ENCOURAGE YOU TO GO WITHOUT ONE